Official positivity thread

SOOPAVILLIN

Positive Positive Positive Positivly fire Therrien, jeez I had it going there for a minute. :)

My sentiments exactly;)

well you and I are considered the negative guys on this blog and you are negative me I am just a realist. :rofl:

Is there a constant negativity thread you two could play in? :rofl::halm:

well you and I are considered the negative guys on this blog and you are negative me I am just a realist. :rofl:

63-35-12 and currently 7-1-2 for past 10 coaching staffs are pretty darn secure in their jobs and must be doing some things quite well.

You can't be a hockey realist and support one team. It makes zero sense. A hockey realist would always choose the team they feel has the best chance to win a Championship. To claim to be a realist and a fan of one team is to basically say you'll never be satisfied until the one team you choose aligns with your personal opinion of what a hockey club should look like. And when you do that, you're pretty much dooming yourself to being unhappy longer than you'll ever be happy.

Terms like "realist" are just ways for people to pretend this isn't a dumb hobby we waste too much time in. If you're not having fun with it, you have an addiction problem. The day this stops being fun is the day I spend my time with something else.

s0NoXmi.jpg

Haters gonna hate

A witty fellow once said,

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.

The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

W.C.

Is there a constant negativity thread you two could play in? :rofl::halm:

Ah you would miss us too much.

You can't be a hockey realist and support one team. It makes zero sense. A hockey realist would always choose the team they feel has the best chance to win a Championship. To claim to be a realist and a fan of one team is to basically say you'll never be satisfied until the one team you choose aligns with your personal opinion of what a hockey club should look like. And when you do that, you're pretty much dooming yourself to being unhappy longer than you'll ever be happy.

Terms like "realist" are just ways for people to pretend this isn't a dumb hobby we waste too much time in. If you're not having fun with it, you have an addiction problem. The day this stops being fun is the day I spend my time with something else.

s0NoXmi.jpg

And your point is?

I love the Habs, always have and always will. Is that illogical? Yep but that is the way it is.

8 hits for Murray plus running over a teammate or two, he was into the game for sure.

Nice to see Yemelin play 21+minutes and also be physical and not very often he outshoots Pacioretty-Gallagher-Plekanec-Gionta in a game. Nice to see his play improving.

Even the centres smoked KIngs in faceoffs, but L.A. has the Sutter shut-down trap down to a science, kind of like Canada vs USA-Sweden and just smothered them.

And Weise again with 4 hits in 10minutes of ice, so doing his part.

Habs played better than I thought they would (given time change/travel) and Kings played as expected.

Budaj made some nice saves.

Positively pumped to see Vanek suit up and MB to quiet the trade happy crowd! :clap:

I'm happy as well - but will be happier once Bourque and Gionta are gone in the summer!

I'm happy as well - but will be happier once Bourque and Gionta are gone in the summer!

Well, you were positive for couple words 29....even the longest trip starts with a first step. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sitting @ 94.7%, could make playoffs even with Mayer in net.

Fun 4 game stretch upcoming.

13 games. Winning five will probably get us in. Winning seven is pretty much a lock. Meaning we just need to be a .500 club for the last stretch. Looking at our opponents:

vs. Avalanche (good only for points and making up for previous losses)

vs. Blue Jackets (currently 3rd in Metro, possible wildcard. Important to win.)

vs. Maple Leafs (currently 3rd in Atlantic. Always have to beat the Leafs to secure 3rd)

vs. Bruins (currently 1st in Atlantic and East. Avenge last game.)

vs. Sabres (basement team. Potentially easy points.)

vs. Red Wings (currently outside playoffs by three points. Injured mess. Winning would secure us closer to a playoff spot.)

vs. Panthers (basement team. Luongo could cause trouble like Thomas could. Potentially easy points.)

vs. Lightning (currently wildcard team. Only two points behind us now. Win to secure second in Atlantic/3rd in East.)

vs. Senators (we may have eliminated them on Saturday. They'll be back for revenge. Avoid injuries.)

vs. Red Wings (By this point we'd know if they are still in the playoff race or not.)

vs. Blackhawks (last game against them was awesome. Being 100% here could give us a look at how we'd fare against a Western powerhouse.)

vs. Islanders (basement team. Will be interesting to see how Vanek plays them. Potentially easy points.)

vs. Rangers (currently 8th. Could be fighting for a playoff spot in final game.)

- Three games against basement teams (Buffalo, Florida, Long Island)

- Three games against superior teams (Colorado, Boston, Chicago)

- Two games against jostling teams (Toronto, Tampa Bay)

- Four games against wildcard/no guarantee teams (Columbus, New York, Detroit x2)

- One game against team we probably eliminated (Ottawa)

There's no such thing as an easy game, even the one in Buffalo last night could have went sideways, but that's a winnable schedule. Beat the basement clubs, survive Ottawa (who I promise you will try to injure us. I wouldn't play Price against them), survive the superior clubs and have a strong showing against Toronto or Tampa. That leaves the wildcard teams to secure us third in the East. Otherwise I see us falling to fourth/fifth and it'd be either Tampa or Toronto in the first round. Tampa with no St. Louis is interesting but I'd rather a Metro team.

Haters gonna hate

I love your monniker.

One nice thing about postivism in its non philosophical variety, is that it is realistic. It really is all good. Things are good insofar as they exist.

Sorry ..couldn't help myself.. an absence of a good that should have been there. :blush:

Ah you would miss us too much.

And your point is?

I love the Habs, always have and always will. Is that illogical? Yep but that is the way it is.

s0NoXmi.jpg

Nope. What is a realist? I'm into realist philosophy, and it just means seeing things as they are. You're not describing natural human affections and values, but a "winning is the only thing" view of our relationships. And ultimately, everything is about relationships and how we relate, more than it is about winning. So realisticallly, it's best to be a habs fan as the highest good in hockey.

Cheers.

P.S. Just being in Montreal is a pretty good start as far as I'm concerned... trust me... I'm in Toronto!

• Upvote 2

Nope. What is a realist? I'm into realist philosophy, and it just means seeing things as they are. You're not describing natural human affections and values, but a "winning is the only thing" view of our relationships. And ultimately, everything is about relationships and how we relate, more than it is about winning. So realisticallly, it's best to be a habs fan as the highest good in hockey.

Cheers.

P.S. Just being in Montreal is a pretty good start as far as I'm concerned... trust me... I'm in Toronto!

Thanks Torontohab. Very well put.

Habs playoff odds now @ 97.4% and Molson can safely count on extra playoff $$ rolln in.

3 more entertaining games coming up, then 3 very winnable ones after that next week.

Too many players doing good things to note em all, but Desharnais has really bounced back and love the depth in both top and bottom six groups and Subban is just playing super.

• Upvote 1

Cheers.

What you're pushing to claim is common sense realism but still attaching your reality to your beliefs, i.e. belief in the Montreal Canadiens. What you actually are is a believer in skeptical philosophy, which realist philosophy was thought to object. Your relationship with your belief (Montreal Canadiens) is always approached with doubt. You can't be a realist with sport because it's not about what is. As hard as advanced stats try, you cannot look at a team before the season starts and decide they are a Stanley Cup winner. You're working with projection, assumption and amateur analysis. Not about what you can perceive truly is.

Our relationships to sport are similar to our relationships with religion. Except in sport, your belief in something is slowly eroded or solidified each week through works (performance). But we still contain our emotion of belief until it's over. Religion doesn't have an answer of faith every year that can change ever year as well. You don't deal with a god that reveals itself as true one year and then becomes a charlatan the next. However we still play to it and every year our "faith" in the Montreal Canadiens is put up against our disbelief in other teams.

This is why to claim common sense realism for one team is impossible. You cannot truly perceive. You can only go by believing critical results after they happen. That's the only thing you can go by. Everything else is just skepticism.

gRelvpd.jpg

What you're pushing to claim is common sense realism but still attaching your reality to your beliefs, i.e. belief in the Montreal Canadiens. What you actually are is a believer in skeptical philosophy, which realist philosophy was thought to object. Your relationship with your belief (Montreal Canadiens) is always approached with doubt. You can't be a realist with sport because it's not about what is. As hard as advanced stats try, you cannot look at a team before the season starts and decide they are a Stanley Cup winner. You're working with projection, assumption and amateur analysis. Not about what you can perceive truly is.

Our relationships to sport are similar to our relationships with religion. Except in sport, your belief in something is slowly eroded or solidified each week through works (performance). But we still contain our emotion of belief until it's over. Religion doesn't have an answer of faith every year that can change ever year as well. You don't deal with a god that reveals itself as true one year and then becomes a charlatan the next. However we still play to it and every year our "faith" in the Montreal Canadiens is put up against our disbelief in other teams.

This is why to claim common sense realism for one team is impossible. You cannot truly perceive. You can only go by believing critical results after they happen. That's the only thing you can go by. Everything else is just skepticism.

gRelvpd.jpg

God this is rich. I will be putting my plants in soon.

Playoffs odds improved again last night and now @ 97.6%. Almost time to start thinking about resting minor injuries.

Should be another entertaining match up today.

Pacioretty due to score and hope hat trick gives Vanek a boost and should loosen his grip on stick.

That Patches-Vanek line is scary good. A big time NHL #1 line.

Would be like the line of - 27-14-46 were several years ago and worth price of admission.