Official positivity thread

SOOPAVILLIN

I didn't think Lindback played badly at all, apart from that Gallagher goal. Pulling him was an over-reaction and revealed the non-existent confidence they have in him. Tearing the kid down when you need him most - not a sharp coaching move IMHO.

Really? That Weise OT goal went right through him. Same with the Eller goal in game 4. Shots that bounced off his chest and went under his arm. There was also that terrible poke check on Bourque's breakaway in game 1. He was responsible for the series not going to at least 5 games. Several softies in games that were decided by one goal.

Really? That Weise OT goal went right through him. Same with the Eller goal in game 4. Shots that bounced off his chest and went under his arm. There was also that terrible poke check on Bourque's breakaway in game 1. He was responsible for the series not going to at least 5 games. Several softies in games that were decided by one goal.

I'm sorry but I agree with C.C. on this one. That Weise goal was a good shot. One second the puck is 180degrees behind you, and the next second it's coming at you from less than 10 feet out! I don't know if you've ever played hockey, but I do, and I'm a goalie. I can tell you that you never know what's coming when the puck comes out in front from behind the net.

Also, if you look at Lindback's 5 on 5 save %, it's better than their regular season 5on5 save %. Yeah, the guy may have made a mistake, but his team completely let him down. Tampa's defense was the reason why they lost the series, Not Lindback!

From the habshow they tossed out a nice set of stats;

Rask vs Habs record of - 3-10-3

Price is - 17-8-3 vs Bruins.

From the habshow they tossed out a nice set of stats;

Rask vs Habs record of - 3-10-3

Price is - 17-8-3 vs Bruins.

That record would look better, I think Budaj is (don't quote me) 4-1 v Boston, and that's a Therrien hunch.

21-9-3 would be damned impressive.

ok don

All I am saying is maybe he has Juliens' number?

Or that, Habs coaching staff does a super job preparing team to play Bruins for past 2 years?

Or maybe we have had the better goaltending for the head to head match ups and really get in the bruins AND their sports writers heads - have you read some of the crap written by the Boston guys?

Or that, Habs coaching staff does a super job preparing team to play Bruins for past 2 years?

Well he has done a good job of getting the boys to follow his system, and not retaliate, so far.

Wearing the same t-shirt as I was for Round 1, Game 1.

Now if this is not positive...

Just so you know, those rumours about me having "underwear issues" at playoff time are totally unfounded.

Well....ok,.... partially unfounded.

If you must know I...

Habs are #1 team in Goals/game and PP is 27.3%, who would of guessed that at start of playoffs. :thumbs_up:

Not me! Thanks Don :thumbs_up:

Habs have led Bruins for 107minutes

Bruins led for....11 1/2minutes.

In 7 games SIX Habs have scored 3 or more goals.

I think if Habs had Vanek all year, I think would of really racked up some nice offensive numbers.

If keep up tight checking and skating and who knows how far can make it?

Well all other series have the underdogs mounting comebacks, so why not the Habs!

Will see what character some players have in do or go golfing game.

Well all other series have the underdogs mounting comebacks, so why not the Habs!

Will see what character some players have in do or go golfing game.

Yeah, I was just looking at the Pens-Rangers series and thinking exactly the same thing. Last game was not good but I'm not abandoning hope yet!

How awesome has DD been in last 2 games, with goalline faceplant in game 6 and then outworking 3 Bruins and chasing puck relentlessly till he served on a platter for Max to get key 2nd goal! 110% effort!!

And small guys coming up huge, Gallagher 9points in 11 games, Briere producing with little icetime.

And the there is Larry who is quietly playing very well and 9 pts/11games and Weise also producing like Briere and also only 10minutes/game.

And what can say about Vanek, who leads with 5 goals (sure 2 empty netters)

And Beaulieu comes in and 2a in 2 games and the kid can simply motor!

From GM, to coaching to Crazy Habfans filling Belle Centre to Price, Subban, Plekanec etc etc, too much + stuff to list!!

There is not a single passenger on this team. Clearly this group, which has been through substantial growing pains, has understood the lessons of what it takes to win. It's wonderful to see.

I am particularly happy for Desharnais. The playoffs were the last frontier for him in terms of proving that he belongs. He actually got stronger as the series progressed. Can we win with DD in our top-6? The answer is yes.

• Upvote 2

There is not a single passenger on this team. Clearly this group, which has been through substantial growing pains, has understood the lessons of what it takes to win. It's wonderful to see.

I am particularly happy for Desharnais. The playoffs were the last frontier for him in terms of proving that he belongs. He actually got stronger as the series progressed. Can we win with DD in our top-6? The answer is yes.

Fortunately for the Habs.. instead of the offense coming from a top-6. Since the Vanek trade the Habs have a top-9. I think everyone benefits from this.

....except Moen.

We are not built to be a one-line team. As last year showed, we need to be a four-line team. When that happens, we can beat anyone. That's why a guy like DD can fit. He does not have to carry the team, he just has to compete and contribute. This ain't the Penguins top-heavy model. I'm loving it.

In light of the current grim looking situation in round 3, I want to say a couple things that will apply regardless of the outcome of this series:

1) This team has played well. Regular season and post-season. In fact, we have played better in the post-season than we did in the regular season. I'm loving it. And this solidly built contending team...

2) All it's core players are coming back next season. Think about it - Vanek has been ok, but he isn't the reason we're in the conference final. Gionta isn't either. Our standout players - both expected like Price and Subban, and unexpected like Weise - they're all locked up with either restricted rights or under contract. Even after paying for PK's new contract, we'll have money left over to go shopping for whatever is left.

3) We have great youth. Our standout stars are young (Price, Subban), and most of the rest of the team is under 26 as well. They're good now and all getting better.

I expect MORE post-season runs like 2014, with this same core group of players, no matter what we do to finish off 2014's playoff run.

In light of the current grim looking situation in round 3, I want to say a couple things that will apply regardless of the outcome of this series:

1) This team has played well. Regular season and post-season. In fact, we have played better in the post-season than we did in the regular season. I'm loving it. And this solidly built contending team...

2) All it's core players are coming back next season. Think about it - Vanek has been ok, but he isn't the reason we're in the conference final. Gionta isn't either. Our standout players - both expected like Price and Subban, and unexpected like Weise - they're all locked up with either restricted rights or under contract. Even after paying for PK's new contract, we'll have money left over to go shopping for whatever is left.

3) We have great youth. Our standout stars are young (Price, Subban), and most of the rest of the team is under 26 as well. They're good now and all getting better.

I expect MORE post-season runs like 2014, with this same core group of players, no matter what we do to finish off 2014's playoff run.

That's a fair analysis. Two consecutive 100+ point seasons, and now a deep playoff run - this team has a strong young core that is now showing itself to have a deepening understanding of how to win. Guys like Price, Patches and Subban, as well as other pieces like DD and Gallagher, have gone through the right growing pains. Not that the growth is finished for PK. We've also got quality veterans like Gorges and Plekanec who should also be able to help out for the medium term.

I think that, for many years now, Habs fans have thought in terms of a Single Great Run that would bring home the Cup (remember the nearly-religious certainty that 2009 was The Year?). But as anyone who remembers the 80s and early 90s knows, having a really strong team doesn't guarantee anything. If you win the Cup or two, that will occur in the midst of a number of years of highly competitive seasons and playoffs. Look at the Bruins: one Cup, one Finals loss, and two or three other deeply disappointing seasons. The season and playoff we are presently experiencing - including our current third-round disappointment - is what is "normal" for strong teams.

All that said, there are still holes in the system. We need wingers. People talk about letting Gio go, and I agree in principle, but who replaces him? (Maybe Bournival?). Vanek's gone, but then what? If MB goes into next year with a declining Gionta and no Vanek replacement, I dunno. That's pretty sketchy. So there are no sure things here, but the bottom line is that this is the most fundamentally strong Habs team since about 1996. With judicious management, we should indeed be looking at future runs.