HabsWorld 2011 NHL Playoff Thread

Habsfan84

Brian (dlbalr), Fred (JoeLassister) and myself give our prediction and 'expert' (cough) analysis for the other seven series:

East: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2457

West: http://habsworld.net...cle.php?id=2458

Enjoy!

Not so bad for me in the West.

I had :

Wings in 5. They won in 4.

Vancouver in 7. Bang on.

Sharks in 5. They won in 6.

ANA-NSH in 7 games. It's been won in 6, so it's a fail.

Very correct as well in the East.

I had :

Flyers in 5. They won in 7.

Caps in 6. They won in 5.

TB in 7. Still have a shot.

Didn't predict anything on Habsworld for Habs-Boston, but on my Facebook, I said "My head goes with Boston in 6 while my heart goes with Habs in 6. ###### my head!". In both case, I'm busted.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

END OF THE FIRST ROUND

feature_playoffs11.jpg

Round 1

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (8) New York (4-1)

(2) Philadelphia vs. (7) Buffalo (4-3)

(3) Boston vs. (6) Montreal (4-3)

(4) Pittsburgh vs. (5) Tampa Bay (4-3)

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (8) Chicago (4-3)

(2) San Jose vs. (7) Los Angeles (4-2)

(3) Detroit vs. (6) Phoenix (4-0)

(4) Anaheim vs. (5) Nashville (4-2)

Round 2

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (5) Tampa Bay

(2) Philadelphia vs. (3) Boston

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (5) Nashville

(2) San Jose vs. (3) Detroit

Edited by Habsfan84

Round 2

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (5) Tampa Bay - Washington in 5

(2) Philadelphia vs. (3) Boston - Philly in 7

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (5) Nashville - Vancouver in 6

(2) San Jose vs. (3) Detroit - Detroit in 5

Round 2 Predictions:

Eastern Conference

(1) Washington vs. (5) Tampa Bay (4-1)

(2) Philadelphia vs. (3) Boston (4-2)

Western Conference

(1) Vancouver vs. (5) Nashville (4-1)

(2) San Jose vs. (3) Detroit (4-2)

They have Detroit - San Jose who finished their first round in 4 and 6 games and they still start this tonight with Vancouver who finished in 7... Weird...

You would think that the farce that was Game 6 in the Habs/Bruins series would get Chris Lee and Kevin Pollock off the 2nd round roster for officials. Evidently, several blown calls for both sides and premature whistles on scoring chances for both sides wasn't enough to ouster either of these refs.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/Real_ESPNLeBrun/~iRHuk

Does anyone know what the TV coverage is in Canada for next round and the Stanley Cup finals? Does CBC carry out the SCF?

CBC has the finals for sure. I'm not sure but I think CBC has both 3rd round series as well; if not, it'll be CBC 1, TSN 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I'm impressed with the Lightning so far. They came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat the Pens, they swept the Capitals in four straight games and now they've won the first game @ teh Big Bad Broons.

You might argue that the Pens imploded. You might argue that the games against the Caps were close games (two one-goal games, one of which was settled in OT, two two-goal games). That's how I interpreted Boohoodreau's excuses anyway, that if only the Caps would have had more luck, they may have won those games. You might argue that Thomas/the Broons defense/Susan Lucic/Nathan Horton blew the game last night. You might argue that the East is, as has been the case the last couple of years, is the weaker of the two conferences.

Or you might give the Bolts some credit and call BS on those excuses. You don't win so many close games just because of luck. You don't win 8 consecutive games in the playoffs just because of luck. Or that the opposition was bad.

Im loving the first two games!

Im routing for Tampa, may the bruins burn, and Vancouver, lets go Canada!

Tampa has Lacavillier, stlouis, stamkos, all fun players and good guys and Guy is the coach plus im pretty sure one of their assistants had a brain tumor or something, they were my secound after montreal heading into the playoffs from the east.

Im really hoping Vancouver brings the cup back to Canada...

I'm cheering for every team outside of the East. Also, I want the Habs to remain the last Canadian team with a Cup.

So... I guess... Go Sharks Go !!!

I want the Habs to remain the last Canadian team with a Cup.

I think we have long since passed the point where that can be considered an accomplishment for the Habs.

I think we have long since passed the point where that can be considered an accomplishment for the Habs.

happy.gif But still... always better than any other team...

I agree. I know that the Canadian players are spread pretty evenly across the NHL, but it'd be nice to have the Cup on Canadian soil.

Well I'm Swedish so I really don't care much about bringing the Cup back to Canada. I'd like the Habs to bring it back to Montreal. If Montreal was in the US or Sweden or frikken Zimbabwe is of little importance to me, if you know what I mean.

I am however rooting for the Canucks. I would prefer the 'Nucks and the Lightning to make it to the finals this year.

So, you're Guy Boucher. Do you start Roloson or Smith in Game 5?

Playoffs are too short, you've gotta play your best elements. Smith has been hot, 0 goal allowed in 60 minutes. I'd start Smith.

lol @ teh Big Bad Broons. :D

Uhm... Game 4 of the Sharks-Canucks series... Are they playing in San Jose or Vancouver? I'm wondering cause the Vancouver fans are a lot louder than the San Jose fans.