Official NHL 2010-2011 thread

JoeLassister

it wasn nowhere as bad as what happened in the NBA back in 2004, so giving him a higher suspension would had been plain.. dumb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3nOFLCprtE...player_embedded

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 goalies have bolted overseas in the past week, Thomas Greiss (SJ) and Erik Ersberg (LA), the latter being released along the way as well. Makes me feel a little more appreciative for Sanford, a veteran who's willing to ride the buses.

Dustin Brown is the latest victim of the new head shots rule. Even if Mietinnen didn't get injured, Brown received a 5min major + game misconduct.

:clap:

It's really something. Phil Kessel is a good hockey player, but imagine the Bruins get another top ten pick out of that deal? Add Rask into that mix, and the Leafs have really solidified the Bruins future.

Another decent young goalie waived, Jeff Deslauriers out of Edmonton. The goalie market seems to be even more non-existent than I thought (with Greiss/Ersberg having cleared already).

Briere gets 3 games for the incident vs NYI, Jordan Staal got hurt in practice and is out indefinitely, and Pominville is set to return Wednesday...1 game before the Sabres host the Habs. :(

Deslauriers clears, Boris Valabik on re-entry waivers. If it weren't for the Habs already having 8 d-men, I'd take a shot on him at a cap hit of $330k (1/2 of his remaining cap hit). Cam Fowler to stick with Anaheim for the full year, no real shocker there given their injuries and general lack of depth.

He's probably on to something, but I have enough faith in QMJHL coaches to believe that they'll implement whatever system best fits their personnel, regardless of what Boucher's system was; I don't think it's a "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" situation here. Junior hockey in Quebec (to me, as an outsider looking in) has been in decline for longer than Boucher was around as a head coach in that league. It's really a backhanded compliment from Roy if he truly believes Boucher had that resounding an affect.

In NHL news, Phaneuf is out for at least a month, likely longer. Leaf fans are torn about whether to rejoice or complain now that their leader is out.

A whole lotta Penguins fans have had it up to here with coach Dan Bylsma. Dude gets a free ride cause he was lucky enough to come in at (for him personally) the perfect time when the Pens players got rid of Therrien. Popular opinion is the Pens could have won the Cup in 2009 without a coach at all (according to some taht's exactly what happened). Bylsma got lucky and cashed in bigtime.

Bylsma seems to be too buddy-buddy with the players. He looks like he doesn't know what the Hell is doing. Pens fans are not amused.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

It's really something. Phil Kessel is a good hockey player, but imagine the Bruins get another top ten pick out of that deal? Add Rask into that mix, and the Leafs have really solidified the Bruins future.

Don't forget that the Bruins got Jared Knight as part of that deal.

Claude Giroux signs a 3 year, $11.25 M extension ($3.75 M cap hit) with the Flyers. It needed to be done for sure, but Philly wasn't exactly in a great cap situation moving forward to begin with, especially with Carter needing a new deal as well.

I would name the Sedins the 2 captains. They would face each others for the 1st time ! :lol:

That's probably your best idea yet, Fred!

It'd be funny if one team stocked up on all the goalies so that one team had to go without. :lol:

After last nights game in Florida, I sensed some real indignation in Leaf land when they realized that they may be giving up another LOTTERY PICK for Kessel who has suddenly gone silent. It looks good on Burke but look how much Boston would get.

David Backes re-signs, 5 years, $22.5 M in STL. Hearing reports that Jeff Carter and Philly are nearing a 10-year :puke: extension. How they plan to manage that cap debacle is beyond me; heck, they can't manage the cap too well now.

Leafs call Aulie and Kadri up, looks as if the panic button is being pushed. If Kadri wasn't ready 2 weeks ago, he surely isn't now.

Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks for T-Bay, ex-Hab Dominic Moore was moved up into his spot last night.