Official NHL 2010-2011 thread

JoeLassister

I still think trading Roloson was an obvious attempt to get the 1st overall pick. DiPietro can't stay healthy enough to be a #1 goalie (with no decent back up). It was certain that Kevin Poulin would wind up playing a lot of games.

But I can't believe DiPietro voluntarily got in a fight given his poor health.It would be like Eric Lindros coming out of retirement to fight Lucic.

hahahaha and Poulin gets hurt during warmup tonight !

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha and Poulin gets hurt during warmup tonight !

Yep, Mikko Koskinen now makes his NHL debut. The new backup is rushing over from Bridgeport; this is getting quite sad. On the other hand, Montreal plays the Isles in 2 days...

Decent deal for both sides, Lupul hasn't done much with the Ducks and is more expensive than Beauchemin. Gardiner's a former 1st rounder, gives the Leafs something they really didn't have - a competent prospect. The 4th rounder is conditional.

(For those wondering why the pick is in 2013, blame the Habs, who hold Anaheim's 4th rounders in 2011 and 2012.)

Decent deal for both sides, Lupul hasn't done much with the Ducks and is more expensive than Beauchemin. Gardiner's a former 1st rounder, gives the Leafs something they really didn't have - a competent prospect. The 4th rounder is conditional.

(For those wondering why the pick is in 2013, blame the Habs, who hold Anaheim's 4th rounders in 2011 and 2012.)

By the way, is there a good website where we can see what picks the 30 teams hold for the 3-4 coming drafts ?

By the way, is there a good website where we can see what picks the 30 teams hold for the 3-4 coming drafts ?

This is what I use - http://www.prosports...Years/index.htm

Also, full conditions on the pick: If Lupul is still in Toronto by the 40-game mark in 2012-13, the Leafs will instead get the Ducks' 6th rounder in 2013. If he's gone by then, then the Leafs get the 4th.

Leafs don't appear to be done today either, Gustafsson was yanked early in the AHL game (with a 7-1 lead) and the Isles are said to be frantically scrambling for a goalie...just what we need for tomorrow...

Edit: Gustafsson had a heart murmur that caused him to be pulled, or so the coach is saying.

Kevin Poulin done for the year. I'd ask if things could get any worse for the Isles but knowing their luck, it will. Looking at Koskinen-Martin (a CHL goalie and I don't mean Canadian Hockey League) as the tandem vs the Habs tomorrow.

3rd trade of the day, Chicago acquires Michael Frolik and Alexander Salak for Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman, and David Pacan (a 6th rounder). Jessiman is widely regarded as the biggest bust of the 2003 draft. My 2 cents: What in the world is Dale Tallon thinking? Chicago wins this hands down, even if Salak never suits up for them. Frolik was also on my short list of players to discuss in my upcoming HW Trade Deadline Primers, back to the drawing board there.

NJ and SJ close on a trade as well.

Nice pick-up by the Preds.

Bob Mackenzie

Nashville acquires Mike Fisher from Ottawa for a first round pick in 2001 and a conditional pick. Done deal, as per the teams.
Edited by Habsfan84

Kevin Poulin done for the year. I'd ask if things could get any worse for the Isles but knowing their luck, it will. Looking at Koskinen-Martin (a CHL goalie and I don't mean Canadian Hockey League) as the tandem vs the Habs tomorrow.

:unsure:

Quite the scuffle between NYI/PIT last night. Expect Godard to get 10 games for leaving the bench and quite frankly, Matt Martin should be getting a similar amount for his Bertuzzi-esque punch on Talbot. Trevor Gillies deserves several games for trying to fight a player (Tangradi) who was unconscious - then when the trainer helped him up and off the ice, Gillies challenged Tangradi again. Complete lack of class, especially from the Islanders (Michael Haley called up solely to brawl this game...he'll get suspended too I think).

Quite the scuffle between NYI/PIT last night. Expect Godard to get 10 games for leaving the bench and quite frankly, Matt Martin should be getting a similar amount for his Bertuzzi-esque punch on Talbot. Trevor Gillies deserves several games for trying to fight a player (Tangradi) who was unconscious - then when the trainer helped him up and off the ice, Gillies challenged Tangradi again. Complete lack of class, especially from the Islanders (Michael Haley called up solely to brawl this game...he'll get suspended too I think).

The NHL is a crazy place this year. And also in that game Brent Johnson got into another fight.

I think something like 346 penalty minutes.

Edited by Habsfan84

Expect the league to really come down hard on NYI (save for Godard's automatic 10). They can afford to since it's not like severe punishments would hurt the Isles much more, whereas had they come down on Boston, it really could have affected the playoff race. My conspiracy theory for the day...though to be fair, the Isles deserve some supplementary discipline.

It's a sad time to be a hockey fan. A lot of this stems from reffing, I believe. This reminds me a lot of the 70s and 80s. Just pray that the red wings or teh canucks win the cup and not Philly or Boston. Very sad.

Expect the league to really come down hard on NYI (save for Godard's automatic 10). They can afford to since it's not like severe punishments would hurt the Isles much more, whereas had they come down on Boston, it really could have affected the playoff race. My conspiracy theory for the day...though to be fair, the Isles deserve some supplementary discipline.

So why doesn't the league come down on Campbell's use of a weapon during a fight? Oh..ya..I forgot. That elbow pad thing was disgusting

I'm sure there's a reason why Gillies should be allowed to continue playing in the NHL...

...but I have no idea what that reason might be.

I have a hard time taking Mario seriously in this. Any team that has cooke and orpik can hardly claim the moral high ground on gooning. It is just like Crosby whining about head shots when I didn't hear a peep out of him when his own team mates were running guys.

What has gotten into the Islanders? (And I don't mean the penalties this time.) After 'only' scoring 3 against the Habs (plus getting the shootout win), they've scored 16 goals in their last 2 games, 9 against the Pens in the slugfest and 7 more today against Buffalo. For a team missing a huge chunk of their better players, this is really quite impressive.

A shocker, the Flyers add a forward under 6'2, as they acquire Kris Versteeg from Toronto. The Leafs get 1st and 3rd round picks in return.

Not as big a shocker, Forsberg's comeback didn't last too long, he retired today. Wonder what he injured this time.

A shocker, the Flyers add a forward under 6'2, as they acquire Kris Versteeg from Toronto. The Leafs get 1st and 3rd round picks in return.

Not as big a shocker, Forsberg's comeback didn't last too long, he retired today. Wonder what he injured this time.

I don't think he injured anything, just realized he wasn't going to be a star player. Flyers seem pretty much impossible to beat right now.