GDT: Game 1, Habs vs Bruins

dlbalr

I love those shots of Cam Neely in the luxury box. He looks out of his mind!! Mission accomplished, as we at least got the road split. I can't believe it!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to analyze body language or interpret feelings, but when are the Bruins going to stop this child like nonsense when they don't get their way?

They seem to be easily frustrated, can they be that mentally soft?

I hate to analyze body language or interpret feelings, but when are the Bruins going to stop this child like nonsense when they don't get their way?

It had to be intensely frustrating for the Bruins. Game 1 at home, loads of good chances, but nothing.

We'll see how soft they are Saturday.

It had to be intensely frustrating for the Bruins. Game 1 at home, loads of good chances, but nothing.

We'll see how soft they are Saturday.

I didn't think they had a ton of good chances. Outside of Marchand's flub with the open net, I thought most of their flurries were controlled and Price

was a positional beast tonight.

If the Habs could have buried 2-3 glorious chances this one would have never been in doubt.

Well - let's remember that this is the same team that blew a 3-0 series lead to the Flyers last playoff. They have a 1000-lb monkey on their backs, and the Habs have gotten in their heads all season long. It doesn't help that the fans themselves seem to be psyched out. Now I'm not saying we're going to win this thing. But those intangibles are yet another factor that the media idiots ignored and another reason for us to believe our boys CAN win.

At the start of the game I couldn't help but notice the difference between my own mentality compared with last playoff. Then, I was in awe of Washington and just wanted the Habs to compete. At puck drop I, as a fan, felt respect for the Bruins but ZERO intimidation. I know our guys can play with them. And they proved it yet again. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a long series, but the 'experts' have once again dropped the ball with their prediction of a Boston steamroller flattening the smurfs.

I found it very interesting to see Chara pull that irresponsible play toward the end. Oh, no, a fine upstanding gentleman who pulls crap like that could not POSSIBLY have intended to injure Pacioretty when his team was being humiliated in a grudge match. Oh, no, heaven forfend, poor widdle Zdeno, he just couldn't hurt a fly. Chara showed his true colours that night - he is knuckle-dragging, drooling scumbag - and he showed them tonight again by betraying his own team so he could beat on Plekanec. Who, by the way, played a tremendous game.

Anyway: that was absolutely textbook Jacques Martin Canadiens hockey. The 'experts' will dwell on Price's supreme excellence and on the imbalanced shot totals. But the fact is, the Bruins had relatively few really deadly chances. They were stymied by the same system that stymied Washington and Pittsburgh. :1gohabs: YEAH BABY.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Big win for the Habs. Price showing even further that we made the right decision keeping him. We now have home-ice advantage in the series. Game 2 will be much more difficult than that. Boston will come out hungrier. We have to get our offensive game going a bit more.

They did what they needed to do, get the early lead and protect. I was getting kind of livid in the 3rd when Chara has on top of Plekanec for over 20 seconds before the whistle was blown for a penalty, then all I could do is laugh when they zoomed on Chara's face when they called the penalty against him. He acted like he didn't know what they were talking about.

Great job Price, keep up the good work.

Fellow Habs fans:

I decided this evening--in Qatar-- to do three things:1. stay up all night to see the game; 2. to spend $50 for a playoff pass on Espn online to make sure I could see the game without interruption; 3 .invite a friend, another Canadian, to come over in the middle of the night to watch the game.

My reward... I got to see a classic Habs victory and that will help me to celebrate my birthday, April 15th, in style. I can`t wait for the next game, but sleep deprivation and work is going to be a bitch..but worth it as long as we win !

Cheers,

Pmac

Edited by PMAC

Well - let's remember that this is the same team that blew a 3-0 series lead to the Flyers last playoff. They have a 1000-lb monkey on their backs, and the Habs have gotten in their heads all season long. It doesn't help that the fans themselves seem to be psyched out. Now I'm not saying we're going to win this thing. But those intangibles are yet another factor that the media idiots ignored and another reason for us to believe our boys CAN win.

At the start of the game I couldn't help but notice the difference between my own mentality compared with last playoff. Then, I was in awe of Washington and just wanted the Habs to compete. At puck drop I, as a fan, felt respect for the Bruins but ZERO intimidation. I know our guys can play with them. And they proved it yet again. Don't get me wrong, it'll be a long series, but the 'experts' have once again dropped the ball with their prediction of a Boston steamroller flattening the smurfs.

I found it very interesting to see Chara pull that irresponsible play toward the end. Oh, no, a fine upstanding gentleman who pulls crap like that could not POSSIBLY have intended to injure Pacioretty when his team was being humiliated in a grudge match. Oh, no, heaven forfend, poor widdle Zdeno, he just couldn't hurt a fly. Chara showed his true colours that night - he is knuckle-dragging, drooling scumbag - and he showed them tonight again by betraying his own team so he could beat on Plekanec. Who, by the way, played a tremendous game.

Anyway: that was absolutely textbook Jacques Martin Canadiens hockey. The 'experts' will dwell on Price's supreme excellence and on the imbalanced shot totals. But the fact is, the Bruins had relatively few really deadly chances. They were stymied by the same system that stymied Washington and Pittsburgh. :1gohabs: YEAH BABY.

Like I have said numerous times, the Bruins don't have Esposito, Cashman and Orr. Jesus, they don't even have Neely, Oates and Bourque.

Their top line is Lucic, Krejci and Horton. They have a solid team, but I never felt like the Habs were hanging on for dear life like I did with Washington. They are a throwback 70s Bruins lunch bucket team. They need to outwork you to beat you and they didn't want to pay the price tonight. Too many people are too busy worrying about what the Habs aren't to worry about what the Bruins aren't.

They are going to grind out all their goals, not strike out of the blue like the Capitals did last season. If the Habs get up 5-2 on Saturday like they did against the Caps, the lights are out, there will not be a comeback. None of this is suggesting that the Bruins are finished in this series, there is no way that was their ultimate effort, but I can't help but notice the different look this team presents than the 2008-09 team that had Savard and Kessel.

Savard was a very creative player who could find openings anywhere. He could pull the Gretzky curl and identify the trailer or he could draw defenders and spot the open man. His cross crease feeds to Kessel were devastating. Anybody who values micro stats knows that the Bruins had a very high shooting percentage this season, a number that has fluctuated wildly over the last 4 seasons. When it is high they have won the division, when it dipped to normal levels they were a low seed. It will be interesting to see how that plays out over the next 6 games.

They don't scare me and I think that is because the Habs are better than they were last season and the Bruins are nowhere near as good as the 2010 Capitals.

50/50 if the Bruins put on their hard hats. If they don't, they are in big trouble.

They did what they needed to do, get the early lead and protect. I was getting kind of livid in the 3rd when Chara has on top of Plekanec for over 20 seconds before the whistle was blown for a penalty, then all I could do is laugh when they zoomed on Chara's face when they called the penalty against him. He acted like he didn't know what they were talking about.

Great job Price, keep up the good work.

To be fair, Plekanec did grab Chara's leg to take him out of the play.

Yes, Chara deserved the penalty, but it's not like Pleks was innocent.

the habs were clearly hanging on for much of that game. Boston doesn't have the same firepower as the Caps had, but they clearly controlled much of the play. Price was great, Price was lucky, the D were great, the D were lucky.

Price has stolen game one for us, I would love to see the Habs forwards steal game two with an offensive outburst. Then the Bruins will really be wondering what they have to do to win.

That said, one game is one game. Let's not celebrate too early.

I disagree about the Bruins controlling the play, they certainly had the puck a lot but the habs were giving it to them, giving them the outside, little danger in those from the outside low % shots.

the habs were clearly hanging on for much of that game. Boston doesn't have the same firepower as the Caps had, but they clearly controlled much of the play. Price was great, Price was lucky, the D were great, the D were lucky.

Price has stolen game one for us, I would love to see the Habs forwards steal game two with an offensive outburst. Then the Bruins will really be wondering what they have to do to win.

That said, one game is one game. Let's not celebrate too early.

That wasn't a stolen game. The scoring chances were fairly even.

The game is 60 minutes, I am not going to take a capsule of 5-10 minutes in the second period to base my opinion. The first period was even and the third period the same. The Habs directed 43 shots at Thomas and the Bruins directed 59 at Price. At even strength the numbers drop to 52 to 39. The Bruins were down 1-0 in the 3rd period and got 5 shots. With the game on the line the Bruins created NOTHING.

I will take that differential, it is nowhere near the crazy differentials from last season.

Edited by Wamsley01

You underestimate our boys. I say the odds are about 55-45 Bruins. Like Wamsley says, whichever team wins the series, the outcome should not represent a big surprise.

The first 20 minutes are no big whoop, unless we get snowed under. Expect near-total Prunes domination for the first 10, then the Habs to get a few chances late; analysts then say the Bruins are clearly the better team based on the first 20 minutes despite the close score; then the game evens out thereafter and who wins is anyone's guess.

You know what I'm worried about in this series, though? An injury to PK on a questionable play. Not only would that fulfill the pattern of the season, it's also something that the Prunes have practically been invited to do by the NHL's inaction on Chara.

With all due respect, you were totally off with your prediction!! ;);)

Our boys showed up tonight. They skated and played an almost perfect defensive game. Carey made the big saves when necessary and our captain was huge.

one player who I thought had a MONSTER game was PK. the Kid played 27 minutes against the best Boston had to throw at him. The id is really starting to impress!

2007 Hamilton Bulldogs.

6 seed.

Just sayin.

and I wonder who was their goalie for the calder cup victory? :clap::1gohabs:

that was an absolutely dominating performance by Carey. Made things look easy as pie.

tonight he reminded me of that run! I have the 2007 Championship Ring, gonna pull that out and wear it for the rest of this playoff run!

GO HABS GO! GO PRICE GO!

Edited by Chips

Cant wait. The intensity will be insane. Though it will be nothing like the upcoming game 3. Going back to crazy Montreal and will see how they treat Chara in his first game back to Montreal. Go Habs Go. Excited to see how Price does in the playoffs. My guess is he will be a brick wall.

All I can say is that if you have kids under the age of 13, do not bring them to the game, cause I get the feeling Chara will get rowdy and boisterous welcome. He will hear plenty of "fv.ck you Chara" chants throughout the night!

2007 Hamilton Bulldogs.

6 seed.

Just sayin.

Don't say it man! Don't tease me like that!

To be fair, Plekanec did grab Chara's leg to take him out of the play.

Yes, Chara deserved the penalty, but it's not like Pleks was innocent.

Yo do realize that Chara is almost 12 inches taller and weighs about 80 pounds more then Pleks...

Edited by Habsfan

Yo do realize that Chara is almost 12 inches taller and weighs about 80 pounds more then Pleks...

On CJAD they were afraid that Pleks may have awakened the bear in a 2-0 game. We'll see. I can see the Goons being much more physical and targeting Subban, Pleks and Gionta. I just hope that the damn league instructs its referees to keep order and not allow things to get out of hand. I was expecting the Goon squad out for them when the habs got the second goal late in the game. I don't have much respect for the bruins or their coach.

I didn't think they had a ton of good chances. Outside of Marchand's flub with the open net, I thought most of their flurries were controlled and Price

was a positional beast tonight.

If the Habs could have buried 2-3 glorious chances this one would have never been in doubt.

Marchand was the only one who had real chances. I mean, you never know with a Chara howlitzer, it could go top shelf and Price has no chance, but more likely it hits the logo or misses the net.

Sopel made some good blocks, but he also got beat badly on that Marchand breakaway on the PP. We really have to be careful with how he's used. On the PK, just fine, but at even strength we have to really watch the matchups.

30 seconds to go, trailing 2-0 and Thornton is on the ice.

Anyone else lost some respect for Claude Julien tonight ?

Nope. My opinion of Julien couldn't get any lower. I'm not surprised that his team acts like a bunch of whiny children when they're losing, because that's exactly how he reacts to those situations. Martin doesn't lose his cool and his team behaves similarly.

Great road game, but the Bruins will come out with considerably more effort next game. I'm glad to at least get the split, though. Really good for the team's confidence.