GDT: Game 4 - Bruins @ Habs Apr. 21, 2011

bar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My nerves are RAW! Too uptight to post! :1gohabs:

Me too. I would like to see DD score the winner...but, I really don't care if deflects in off of Gomez's butt as long as it is in the Broon's net :1gohabs::habslogo::1gohabs::bouncing::1gohabs:

In a series that is this tight, you have to take advantage of opportunities like this.

There is a huge difference between 3-1 and 2-2. They can put the Bruins in the position of playing flawless hockey for 3 games to win.

This OT is huge.

They deserved that.

All they had to do was finish that off after a great 30 minutes, that is the worst game they have played in 3-4 weeks.

Was that Boston push back or poor Montreal execution? We are about to find out on Saturday.

Edited by Wamsley01

and we lose.

brutal defensive play. Failure to shoot several times. subban caught out too long and changing at the wrong time. Gionta an observer.. .grrr...

If we lose the series, this will be the game that did it. You just can't let a team back in a series like this. Its now the best two out of three, home ice advantage to Boston.

Sadly, Boston is no longer playing nervous. They know they can beat us. they know they can come back. Its all about hard work and when they commit to it, we have no answer.

The habs are going to need a huge win in Boston to stem the tide of this momentum.

and we lose.

brutal defensive play. Failure to shoot several times. subban caught out too long and changing at the wrong time. Gionta an observer.. .grrr...

If we lose the series, this will be the game that did it. You just can't let a team back in a series like this. Its now the best two out of three, home ice advantage to Boston.

Hard to put the blame on Subban, but it really was. Made a risk play on the offensive zone, had to rush down to make a defensive play, then slow to get to the bench which led to the fatal 1-3. He'll definitely learn from it. If he's going to get creative and all, he'll have to take the responsibility when it backfires.

I am not optimistic for that new best of 3 series.

Its not that Price was off, but he didn't look great, even on some that didn't go in. He was terrible in the last game.

To win this series, we need Price to outplay Thomas again, like in the first two games. It won't be good enough to be just be good, he will have to be our best player.

and we lose.

You cant really put it on tonight. You can just as easily put it on Game 3. The thing that pissed me off about game three was that they never forced Boston to play tight with their season on the line. If they came out on Monday like they did tonight the Bruins would have had to put that effort forth with fragile confidence. Allowing them back in set up tonight.

They have been a fairly cocky bunch, so lets see if they have learned a lesson or not. The habs have not done anything the easy way in years, so we should have seen this coming.

You all can't be surprised? When has this team made it easy on themselves all season?

Still not worried, the Bruins are a better road team than they are at home, so them having home ice advantage, really isn't.

Subban, sure you can blame him, but if Gomez doesn't cough up the puck in the offensive zone, Subban makes his change like normal. There's plenty of blame to go around tonight.

I'm a little worried about Price. It's not that he's played badly, exactly; but he seems to be off the angles, overcompensating and giving up too many juicy rebounds. The thing is, if he's merely decent we're gonna be hard pressed to win this thing.

Very disappointing game, obviously. This team lives and dies by its shutdown game and that was sorely lacking tonight.

Thats the type of game that loses you a series. Not looking good for the Habs. My guess would be Boston wins the next two games. They have all the momentum swung in their direction now. So mad, and just very disappointed with the Habs.

Price was a bit off tonight, not that I'm blaming him but normally probably 2 maybe 3 of these would have went in........speechless.

That is the problem with assessing small sample size. Two of those goals are low percentage shots. Ryder and Ference make those shots 1 of 10 times.

That is the thing about goaltending. If one of those miss then we are looking at a different conversation right now. It is why Roy could have a game 7 shutout and give up 7 in the next game 7. That is why it is integral to get goals close in and have guys who go to the dirty areas. If you get those goals then you have a better chance to buck the odds and probabilities.

The Bruins created havoc down low on 3 of their goals, add in some low percentage snipes and you lose.

Three of the goals Price allowed were Bruins all alone in front of the net. He was fine, the Bruins just got some breaks. How many pucks were sitting in the slot with Thomas out of position? Pucks that couldn't be corralled?

They lost because they sat back. They stopped skating and were the team playing tight, like they were the team on the brink.

Haha guys relax it's 2-2 not 3-1, you all want the habs to come out loose and on fire and yet it seems like someone died here. If I told you before the series the habs were 2-2 after 4 games and a hairsbreath from being 3-1 you'd all of most likely taken it, nothing changes. They got caught running around too much.

I'm a little worried about Price. It's not that he's played badly, exactly; but he seems to be off the angles, overcompensating and giving up too many juicy rebounds. The thing is, if he's merely decent we're gonna be hard pressed to win this thing.

Very disappointing game, obviously. This team lives and dies by its shutdown game and that was sorely lacking tonight.

Price was scrambling because his defense were leaving guys wide open and allowing a ton of lateral puck movement. They were second to the puck on pucks that missed the net, forcing him to power push to backside recoveries. On the backside recoveries his D was losing the battle and the Bruins were reversing the puck back resulting in another power slide for another backside recovery.

All controlled movements, not the erratic scrambles from Thomas. unfortunately you cannot win if your goaltender has to move that much.

You view it as Price overcompensating because he is. When the opposition has somebody in open space like that you are in trouble regardless of who is in goal.