GDT: Habs vs Bruins, Game 5

dlbalr

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won two series playing like this last year.

They are half a game removed from dominating the Bruins. This is hockey. Ups and downs.

Edited by Wamsley01

we are going to lose this series, becuase of JM's refusal to move GOmez into a 3rd/4th line role and not providing Eller or Desharnais with anyone with offensive ability. This is why I wanted Pouliot back in. At least has some friggin POTENTIAL to be dangerous :angry2:

the Bruins adjusted.. they looked at what worked for them (forechecking) and have stuck to it. The habs have one mode.. score quick, then sit on it. They have not adjusted the in zone coverage to help break down the pressure. They have not even gone hard to the net much on Thomas.

So far, Bruins have simply wanted this more and deserve to win.

They won two series playing like this last year.

We also lost one series playing this way as well. Habs are not generating anything.

arghhh, Cammy was so close......I bet the Habs are going to turn up the tempo and try to tie this up. They haven't been behind too much in this series, but when they were, they changed their style.

the Bruins adjusted.. they looked at what worked for them (forechecking) and have stuck to it. The habs have one mode.. score quick, then sit on it. They have not adjusted the in zone coverage to help break down the pressure. They have not even gone hard to the net much on Thomas.

So far, Bruins have simply wanted this more and deserve to win.

That's my whole issue with JM. He has a game plan, sticks without regardless of how clear it is that the a change is required.

we are going to lose this series, becuase of JM's refusal to move GOmez into a 3rd/4th line role and not providing Eller or Desharnais with anyone with offensive ability. This is why I wanted Pouliot back in. At least has some friggin POTENTIAL to be dangerous :angry2:

Pouliot??? He's heading to a comfy career in Europe.

A lucky bounce goal and the fans ready to jump off the bridge...relax.

It's not just a lucky bounce, you could see a bruins coming with how crappy the defensive zone coverage is. Why Sopel AND Spacek are in the lineup is beyond me.

We also lost one series playing this way as well. Habs are not generating anything.

They are a solid hockey team. No more, no less. This is not a Cup contender, so expecting that they will outpost the Bruins for 20+ periods is not reality.

They are 1 shot away from a tie.

Pouliot??? He's heading to a comfy career in Europe.

No, he will go somewhere else and become a 25-30 goal scorer. It makes so much more sense having Moen on the 2nd line then a guy who MIGHT actually score.

They are a solid hockey team. No more, no less. This is not a Cup contender, so expecting that they will outpost the Bruins for 20+ periods is not reality.

The problem is that there is really only one line and 1/3 of a line that can get us that goal.

Edited by hab29RETIRED

It's not just a lucky bounce, you could see a bruins coming with how crappy the defensive zone coverage is. Why Sopel AND Spacek are in the lineup is beyond me.

The puck hit a skate and bounced right on Marchand's stick. Pleks made a mistake and they scored. How many Bruins made a mistake when Ryder made a glove save?

This isn't the Titanic, lots of time.

No, he will go somewhere else and become a 25-30 goal scorer. It makes so much more sense having Moen on the 2nd line then a guy who MIGHT actually score.

Good point. We've been instrumental in providing the Leafs and Preds with 20-30 goal scorers.

The problem is that there is really only one line and 1/3 of a line that can get us that goal.

We'll see. Ryder hadn't done anything before the 3rd period in game four.

Any one of our lines could score next. It's only a one goal game and if we get the tying goal it could come from anywhere.

We'll see. Ryder hadn't done anything before the 3rd period in game four.

The point is Ryder was a goal scorer doing nothing - much like Ryder. The bruins media was saying Ryder should be pulled from the lineup. Julian stuck with him because he has the potential to score. On the other hand, the habs have 6 guys that have true offensive ability (Ak46, Pleks, Cammy, Gionta, Eller and Deshernais), however, three of those guys are playing with checkers or Gomez (who is just plain awful on both sides of the ice).

I've been saying since before the last game that they should scratch Moen for Pouliot and move Desharnais and Eller with Gionta so there is another line that is a threat.

Right now, our lines have no balance. To top it off, we have two Dman (Spacek/Sopel) who can't even clear their zone.

Any one of our lines could score next. It's only a one goal game and if we get the tying goal it could come from anywhere.

The only lines that have been dangerous are the Pleks and Gionta lines and the Gionta line is handcuffed with Gomez and Eller.

YES - Eller's line comes though!!!!!! I had pretty much given up on Halpern!

Wamsley the voice of reason!!!!

The only lines that have been dangerous are the Pleks and Gionta lines and the Gionta line is handcuffed with Gomez and Eller.

YES - Eller's line comes though!!!!!! I had pretty much given up on Halpern!

So there you go. The tying goal can come from anywhere.

So there you go. The tying goal can come from anywhere.

WE got a repreive. But we were at risk of having Thomas shut us out, without really having to make any real tough saves and have the CBC clowns rave on about how Thomas beat Price.

We really need to tighten up in our own end and I still say, we need to put Gionta with Eller or Desharnais.