Bruins playoff run 2011

YeahBud

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston vs. Tampa Bay... ugh.

Should be interesting to see, Wonder how the 1-3-1 will fare against the big bad B's.

Bruins are now half way there. 8 wins away from Lord Stanley.. cry_smile.gif

Pls pls pls mr Lecavalier, Stamkos and StLouis. STOP THEM!

And then all we hear about is how Boucher is a genius and should've been retained over Martin.... wait, we're already hearing that.

I have been predicting that since the playoffs started. If Tampa goes deep media and fans will lament the loss of Boucher and why did we keep the penguin and blah blah blah.

I have been predicting that since the playoffs started. If Tampa goes deep media and fans will lament the loss of Boucher and why did we keep the penguin and blah blah blah.

Hey when the habs let Boucher go, I lamented the fact then and at that time the reply was that the Penguin has a solid track record and what has Boucher proven in the NHL and that we should let him learn to fail somewhere else before we hire him.

Well that decision turned out well. Boucher has taken a non-play-off team from last year and took them at least as far as the Penguin coached the habs to, not only beat the caps in less games (sweep no less), but also beat the Caps in a much more convincing manner, has his team playing a much more exciting brand of hockey, he is a coach who has a real system, which doesn't require his goalie to be the first star in every game to win. I've been lamenting his loss since we let him go, so I'm not about to stop now.

I really hope Bergeron is out for more then 1 or 2 games. The Bruins deserve to lose their best player to a concussion at a critical time the way they go head hunting!!!! With the exception of the flyers, no team deserves to lose their top guy to concussions as much as these two do. I'd mention the Pens, but I think with Crosby out most of the year, karma already caught up with them for employing Matt Cooke.

BTW, It really sucks to be in Montreal in May without Hockey. Just got in last night for a business trip, was really hoping the habs would still be playing during my trip. It sucks to be staying so close to the Bell centre and seeing trucks lined up for some other event.

Obviously, Boucher is a good coach. He also has some seriously high-end talent to work with, which helps. None of that means that JM is not a good coach. That's the false logic of this whole debate. I don't hear anybody arguing that the Habs should have had much better results this season; the general assessment is that we got everything we could have gotten from our injury-decimated lineup. Indeed, Martin has delivered all you could ask for in terms of results for two years running. So whatever Boucher is doing has no bearing on whatever we're doing or did.

I too hate Tampa Bay - I despise teams that suck ass for years and years, accumulate no-brainer draft-picks and then get endless unwarranted praise for their suppsoedly brilliant management. I also hate the French factor on that team which leads to Quebec media love-ins (like this is the team the Habs really 'should' be). Boston, meanwhile, is at least a real franchise with a real fanbase that has truly paid its dues. I hope they win.

EDIT: I'd also like to know how the media squares its assessment of the Habs as mediocre with the fact that we took the Prunes to OT in Game Seven while the Flyers couldn't even make a series of it. Hmm....which team sucks again?

What has Boucher accomplished over Martin though? Last year, the Habs beat Washington and Pittsburgh. So too have the Bolts, though Washington was missing half their defence corps at times (Sean Collins and NHL don't belong in the same sentence) while Pittsburgh was only missing 2 of the top players in the league. That isn't to say there were no injuries for those teams when the Habs played them last season but aside from utilizing better offensive talent, Boucher hasn't really done much of anything different or better than Martin has so far (and yes, those last 2 words could be key).

Boucher has a former Hart Trophy/Art Ross winner, two former Rocket Richard winners (one which was the reigning champion), and plays an even more boring system than Martin. I'm sorry, but the 1-3-1 is autocious and should be banned. When you immediately, upon losing a neutral zone faceoff, drop your centre back to your own blueline that is just incredibly dull. And by keeping one d-man in your own zone AT ALL TIMES for puck retrieval on dump-ins... could hockey be any less exciting?

Meanwhile, the Hamilton Bulldogs, without Desharnais, Pacioretty, Weber, Subban, Maxwell, etc., are one win away from reaching the Conference Finals again, a year after Boucher did the same.

I'm not trying to pick on Boucher either, he's clearly a good coach. But I'm not ready to call the decision to let him go a mistake; it's not just the Habs who lose young coaches.

Back on topic, Bergeron will likely miss a couple games, but it's a mild concussion so he won't be missing too much I don't think.

I'm not trying to pick on Boucher either, he's clearly a good coach. But I'm not ready to call the decision to let him go a mistake; it's not just the Habs who lose young coaches.

Back on topic, Bergeron will likely miss a couple games, but it's a mild concussion so he won't be missing too much I don't think.

I hope he has the same mild concussion as Crosby. I hate the bruins, despise them, loath them. While I don't like teams that tank for a few years and accumulate #1 picks to restock and hate how the french media go ga-ga over the lightening because of the quebecers on the team, I really HATE, DESPISE and LOATH the Bruins. Did i make it more clear how much I HATE the bruins???

Just like I hate the flyers (for the same reason as the Bruins), I was hoping the flyers would knock the bruins out - and rooting for the flyers is not easy - because they are almost as dirty as the bruins. But as I said after the bruins knocked off the habs, the big bad boys from boston pretty much had a fairly easy path to the final 4, because the flyers have no goalie.

Anyway, I'd much rather root for a team like TB who tanks it then root for the cockroaches from boston.

I'm also hoping for a TB-Nashville final out of spite for the CBC.

Obviously, Boucher is a good coach. He also has some seriously high-end talent to work with, which helps. None of that means that JM is not a good coach. That's the false logic of this whole debate. I don't hear anybody arguing that the Habs should have had much better results this season; the general assessment is that we got everything we could have gotten from our injury-decimated lineup. Indeed, Martin has delivered all you could ask for in terms of results for two years running. So whatever Boucher is doing has no bearing on whatever we're doing or did.

I too hate Tampa Bay - I despise teams that suck ass for years and years, accumulate no-brainer draft-picks and then get endless unwarranted praise for their suppsoedly brilliant management. I also hate the French factor on that team which leads to Quebec media love-ins (like this is the team the Habs really 'should' be). Boston, meanwhile, is at least a real franchise with a real fanbase that has truly paid its dues. I hope they win.

EDIT: I'd also like to know how the media squares its assessment of the Habs as mediocre with the fact that we took the Prunes to OT in Game Seven while the Flyers couldn't even make a series of it. Hmm....which team sucks again?

The habs took the bruins to seven games because they have one of the best goalies in the NHL. the flyers got swept because they played goalies that would be iffy in the AHL playoffs.

What has Boucher accomplished over Martin though? Last year, the Habs beat Washington and Pittsburgh. So too have the Bolts, though Washington was missing half their defence corps at times (Sean Collins and NHL don't belong in the same sentence) while Pittsburgh was only missing 2 of the top players in the league. That isn't to say there were no injuries for those teams when the Habs played them last season but aside from utilizing better offensive talent, Boucher hasn't really done much of anything different or better than Martin has so far (and yes, those last 2 words could be key).

I'd say sweeping the Caps is a little more convincing then beating going to the wire and beating them in 7 games. They also didn't need Roloson to steal games the same way as halak did in the habs wins.

I'd say sweeping the Caps is a little more convincing then beating going to the wire and beating them in 7 games. They also didn't need Roloson to steal games the same way as halak did in the habs wins.

Such is a product of having a more dynamic offence going up against a team that was down 2 regular defencemen plus playing a 3rd through injury. The Habs don't have a team that can win a lot of 5-4 or even 4-3 games, Tampa does. Part of that's the system but part of it's the personnel which makes it hard to compare the two series.

Such is a product of having a more dynamic offence going up against a team that was down 2 regular defencemen plus playing a 3rd through injury. The Habs don't have a team that can win a lot of 5-4 or even 4-3 games, Tampa does. Part of that's the system but part of it's the personnel which makes it hard to compare the two series.

I don't know, I think Cammi, Gionta, AK46 are all guys that could be more effective in a different system.

I don't know, I think Cammi, Gionta, AK46 are all guys that could be more effective in a different system.

More effective in terms of more points? Sure, but to the extent of the production that some of Tampa's guys are getting? I don't think so.

typical Bruins crap at the end of the game against TB. Isn't there supposed to be a rule against that crap in the last two minutes. There NEEDS to be suspensions for that kind of crap - Lucic would be a repeat offender many times over for that nonsense. BUt of course with their heads up their aXX will never take action against this type of BS and naturally with Coli Campbell's son playing for the Broons, there is no chance in hell of the NHL doing the right thing :angry2:

Did you see Marchand smash his stick in frustration? Haha.

The Bruins become whining children when they face a skilled team that is not loaded up with injuries.

Their final few minute antics were pathetic. CBC just spun the incident as Boston sending a message, if you ask me Tampa sent the real message loud and clear.

I hope these are the early signs of the bubble bursting in Boston.

I'm just throwing this out there guys..I know this is probably very random

in the 2000's

Carolina KO Habs first round..won the cup

Tampa Bay KO Habs second round..won the cup

The only team that has NOT gotten by this theory is Boston..who have been unsuccessful thus far..but it just might be their year

Also...it's a proven statistic that the host Winter Olympic city wins the Stanley Cup the following year...i think this statistic is far more likely and let's hope for it to be true (for the cup to come back to Canada!)

I'm just throwing this out there guys..I know this is probably very random

in the 2000's

Carolina KO Habs first round..won the cup

Tampa Bay KO Habs second round..won the cup

The only team that has NOT gotten by this theory is Boston..who have been unsuccessful thus far..but it just might be their year

Also...it's a proven statistic that the host Winter Olympic city wins the Stanley Cup the following year...i think this statistic is far more likely and let's hope for it to be true (for the cup to come back to Canada!)

??

Actually, the Lightning were the first team in history to go on and win the Cup after eliminating the Habs and the Canes did it back to back in 06.

Outside of that it has never happened in Canadiens history and those two seasons are actually the outliers.

Its a proven stat that the Winter Olympic hosts win the Cup the next year? This has only ever happened once!

Montreal did win the Cup in 1977 after hosting the Summer Olympics in 1976, but they also won it in 1976, 1978, and 1979. And Los Angeles didn't win the cup in 1985 to my knowledge. :)

Its a proven stat that the Winter Olympic hosts win the Cup the next year? This has only ever happened once!

Montreal did win the Cup in 1977 after hosting the Summer Olympics in 1976, but they also won it in 1976, 1978, and 1979. And Los Angeles didn't win the cup in 1985 to my knowledge. :)

Same with 1992, 1993 and 1994 where the team who hosted the All-Star game won the Cup that season.

Pittsburgh, Montreal and the Rangers.

the stat refers to the winter olympics, and yes it did happen more than once...

1932 - Lake Placid, NY hosts the Winter Olympics - In 1933 the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup

1960 - Squaw Valley, CA hosts the Winter Olympics - No NHL team exists yet in California

1980 - Lake Placid, NY hosts the Winter Olympics - In 1981 the New York Islanders win the Stanley Cup

1988 - Calgary, AB hosts the Winter Olympics - in 1989 the Calgary Flames win the Stanley Cup

2002 - Salt Lake City, UT hosts the Winter Olympics - No NHL team exists yet in Utah

the stat refers to the winter olympics, and yes it did happen more than once...

1932 - Lake Placid, NY hosts the Winter Olympics - In 1933 the New York Rangers win the Stanley Cup

1960 - Squaw Valley, CA hosts the Winter Olympics - No NHL team exists yet in California

1980 - Lake Placid, NY hosts the Winter Olympics - In 1981 the New York Islanders win the Stanley Cup

1988 - Calgary, AB hosts the Winter Olympics - in 1989 the Calgary Flames win the Stanley Cup

2002 - Salt Lake City, UT hosts the Winter Olympics - No NHL team exists yet in Utah

Lake Placid is closer to Montreal than any other NHL city, by a significant amount. The idea that this is 'a proven stat' is, for lack of a better term, completely bonkers.

Lake Placid is closer to Montreal than any other NHL city, by a significant amount. The idea that this is 'a proven stat' is, for lack of a better term, completely bonkers.

So we can all agree that Lake Placid is in NY State. In the United States of America.

Both times the Winter Olympics were held there an NHL team from the same state won the Stanley Cup the following year.

Can you disprove that this happened? I thought not.

Its a statistic then...