Build Your Habs

Trizzak

I'm assuming we'll hear a Trotter signing sometime on July 1-4th as well. That signing is still not official, but all indications are that he is returning.

Trotter could be put in Pyatt's spot. Pouliot's spot I think we're saving for a UFA. Remember, Trotter and Desharnais were a deadly tandem in the AHL just a little while ago.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An issue that I find that is brought up hardly ever is the lack of right hand shooting players on this team. Looking at the potential starting lineup for next year, there are only 2 forwards that are right handed, Gionta and White. As a guy who played the game my whole life on the ice, the streets, in video games etc, I think it is very important to have a good mix of righties and lefties. It adds to the chemistry of a line and gives alternate angles for which to score. Think about being on a 2 on 1. It's much easier to pass to a guy who shoots the other way than yourself, no matter which side you are on. For quite some time the Habs have had an abundance of left handed players and it has always bugged me. Looking at this years crop of UFA's, it doesn't look like we'll get some right handed help unfortunately. Has anyone else thought about this or think it's an issue?

FORWARDS

Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Steven Stamkos ($11.000m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)

Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)

David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Mathieu Darche ($0.700m)

Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Andreas Engqvist ($0.900m) / Ryan White ($0.650m)

Aaron Palushaj ($0.883m)

DEFENSEMEN

Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.000m)

Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)

Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m) / Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m)

/ Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS

Carey Price ($2.750m) / Alex Auld ($1.000m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,421,699; BONUSES: $487,500

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,878,301

eh? eh?

Where did gomez's contract vanish to? Was he the compensation for Stamkos?

RH free agents are Joel Ward, Arnott, Konopka, Purcell (i think) and a couple of lesser guys.

RH free agents are Joel Ward, Arnott, Konopka, Purcell (i think) and a couple of lesser guys.

Buried in the minors, paid for by multiple Stanley Cups :D

I'd love to see Ward with the Habs.

here are some guys i think the habs should look at foward-Simon Gagne,Eric Belanger,Max Talbot,J.P. Dumont,Anthony Stewart,Steve Bernier, Tomas Fleischmann,Scottie Upshall,

fighters-Raffi Torres,Zenon Konopka, Daniel Carcillo,Steve MacIntyre,

Def-Cam Barker,Mike Commodore,

goalies-Marty Turco,Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Chris Osgood,

here are some guys i think the habs should look at

goalies-Marty Turco,Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Chris Osgood,

I disagree with all of these goalies. IMO, Habs should stick with clear permanent backup. Someone who clearly knows that he has no chance to be #1.

Must admit that I'm a fan of Price in the nets for 65 + games.

I disagree with all of these goalies. IMO, Habs should stick with clear permanent backup. Someone who clearly knows that he has no chance to be #1.

Must admit that I'm a fan of Price in the nets for 65 + games.

Iam pretty sure these guys know the well only be back ups at this point in the nhl...They were all back ups last year.

Garon or Theodore, anybody?

I think Garon will be too pricey, Theodore I think could be an option though. The one worry I have with signing a local goalie is that if Price has a couple of bad games, we'll see a public outcry to let the hometown hero play more, something we didn't see with Auld last year when Price had consecutive bad games (which he did at times).

I think Garon will be too pricey, Theodore I think could be an option though. The one worry I have with signing a local goalie is that if Price has a couple of bad games, we'll see a public outcry to let the hometown hero play more, something we didn't see with Auld last year when Price had consecutive bad games (which he did at times).

no need for worry now. did I read he signed 1.2 mill? my how the mighty have fallen.