Andrei Kostitsyn inked

JoeLassister

And I say this: signing a goalie to a 10 or 12 years is batpoop crazy.

They are good tools to avoid offer sheet scenarios. But forfeiting four cheaper years seems poor asset management to me. Martin signed Olesz to a big second contract and it didn't really help Florida at all.

Well it helped them reach the Cap floor. :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha

But the point is valid. Signing your best players to long term with "lower than it could be" contracts really helps when it comes to attract quality UFA's to complete your squad. That's why I wouldn't mind to see Price and Subban receive both 10 or 12 years extensions.

thankfully Montreal does not give out crazy contracts so hopefully this will never come to pass even though I love these guys. 5 years maximum contract. See Gomez for full clarification or dipietro or yashin or any of many others w can talk about. You lose all flexibility. See Calgary Flames for how not to manage the cap.

thankfully Montreal does not give out crazy contracts so hopefully this will never come to pass even though I love these guys. 5 years maximum contract. See Gomez for full clarification or dipietro or yashin or any of many others w can talk about. You lose all flexibility. See Calgary Flames for how not to manage the cap.

I agree with Dipietro, but not with the Flames. They didn't give any long term contract, just 4-5 years to poor quality players like Stajan, Hagman or Sarich. I don't think we can label Subban and Price in their category. (even if it's probably way to early to judge on them two)