UFA Day Discussion

dlbalr

It might be nice this year to have a dedicated thread to the 'frenzy' that is unrestricted free agency. Not a whole lot Hab wise in the rumour mill aside from Bob McKenzie stating that Maxime Talbot is looking for a 4 year deal worth around $2 million. This pertains to the Habs as apparently yesterday, he went on a radio station in Montreal saying he wants to play at home. At $2 million long-term, he can keep looking.

Sami Salo re-signs in Vancouver, 1 year, $2 million. (Wondering if there are bonuses in that one; if not, good deal)

Josh Harding re-signs in Minnesota, 1 year, $750k. (Good move there)

Patrick Eaves re-signs in Detroit, 3 years, $3.6 million.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 years, $33 million for Wisniewski in Columbus. The Habs now get the Jackets' 5th rounder instead of their 7th. $5.5 for Wisniewski, didn't think he'd get that much and I'm sure glad it's not the Habs giving it to him. I like him, but not that much.

Amen brother. Unbelievable.

6 years, $33 million for Wisniewski in Columbus. The Habs now get the Jackets' 5th rounder instead of their 7th. $5.5 for Wisniewski, didn't think he'd get that much and I'm sure glad it's not the Habs giving it to him. I like him, but not that much.

So...anyoen think Stamkos will get a RFA offer?

Over/under 0.5 RFA offers today?

I hope the Habs give him one.

I don't think we'll get a Stamkos-like player in the next 4 drafts.

Why did people think Wiz wouldn't get $5.5m? Souray got about that four years ago when the cap was much smaller, and Wiz is younger than Sheldon was. He could've gotten more if he waited a couple of hours.

Haha hear what could happen if a team offers him a 1yr/12 million contract? It means that next year he'd still be a RFA and no one could qualify him for less than that...sounds like some dirty pool haha.

It would be nice to hear about Gorges signing before noon today.

I wouldn't count on it. I think they're keeping him unsigned for flexibility purposes, if they get the guy(s) they like, it may impact the type of deal they can do with him, be it short term or long term.

So...anyoen think Stamkos will get a RFA offer?

Over/under 0.5 RFA offers today?

Today? Under. Though RFA's have been free to negotiate since the 28th now, the priority today will be UFA's which will delay an offer sheet.

I wouldn't count on it. I think they're keeping him unsigned for flexibility purposes, if they get the guy(s) they like, it may impact the type of deal they can do with him, be it short term or long term.

Outside of Richards, who could possibly effect the Habs' cap so much as to change the deal Gorges is offered?

Outside of Richards, who could possibly effect the Habs' cap so much as to change the deal Gorges is offered?

If they sign a couple of $4 million dollar guys (some of the secondary guys out there like Cole will likely get that type of money), it could affect the offer. Perhaps they want to go after a big time blueliner (big name like Jovanovski) and then trade Gorges. They're all possibilities, straight speculation on my part.

Well, too bad about Wiz. If we leave our D as is, we will have foregone the opportunity to have a powerhouse, Cup-worthy blueline in order to avoid overpaying him by $1 mil. This could prove a prudent decision, as was the refusal to sign Souray; or it could prove a penny wise/pound foolish decision, as was the refusal to sign Streit. I don't share the certainty many of you do that Wiz is not a legitimate #2 defenceman, so I rate the chance that we regret this decision as about 60-40.

Jagr a flyer, always the bridesmaid, never the bride

Higgins resigned with vancouver

upshall to florida

Stinks on Torres, i would love to have that guy