SJ trade?

TheAussiePosse

What do you think of trying to trade with SJ?

6th overall, and 21st overall (from Toronto)?

I'd say our first rounder, Hossa, and their 3rd rounder from next year could do it.

Affable? Also, would we want to? Or is it pointless to move up 4 places, and not into the top 3? I think this would make sense, as we get a second 1st rounder. And it's not like Hossa is the next Wayne Gretzky.

And they're west coast, so any player trades wouldn't come back to hurt us (necessarily)

:ghg:

That trade doesnt help the habs much...

It basically breaks down to...

Habs 10th + 3rd rnd = SJ 6th

Hossa = SJ 21st

Savard feels that picks 2-10 will all produce similar players , if he trades up he will only trade for the #1 overall pick and get the player he wants (Staal) ... So he's not going to give up that big of a package to move up 4 spots...

Hossa was drafted with the pick we acquired from SJ in the Damphousse trade , in case you didnt know :)

BTW : I'm watching the 1997 NHL draft on the NHL network , saw the Habs draft Ward at 11 , The Sens draft Marian Hossa at 12 ... Marcel was right there with him (surprisingly he looks the same as he does now , he was pretty big back then for his age) ... Andre Savard , Pierre Gauthier and Marshall Johnson went to the podium to announce the sens pick...

I've been watching classic drafts all week... I'm hooked :D