Habs TV Schedule

dlbalr

We saw the TV schedules come out yesterday, here is the breakdown of games:

RDS: Every game plus 7 preseason contests

CBC: 28 games (most of any Canadian team)

TSN: 15 games plus at least one preseason game

TSN-Regional: To be determined (at least 30 though)

Versus/NBC Sports: 6 games

All in all, I'm happy with the variety of options out there. I'm particularly happy with 7 preseason games being shown, less internet radio is always a good thing.

Wait, how many pre-season games are the Habs even playing?

I see 7 preseason games in September on NHL.com. 6 of them are home games + 1 in Ottawa.

Edit : + at least 1 more in October vs TB.

I see 7 preseason games in September on NHL.com. 6 of them are home games + 1 in Ottawa.

Edit : + at least 1 more in October vs TB.

Yep, 8 in total. The one that isn't being shown is Sept, 23rd in Ottawa; part of me wonders if that might be the TSN game (if memory serves me right, they tried to get all-Canadian preseason games last season).

All in all, I'm happy with the variety of options out there. I'm particularly happy with 7 preseason games being shown, less internet radio is always a good thing.

Wow, that is great news. Its been frustrating the last few years being able to watch almost none of the pre season games. I could never figure that out that the Habs are so popular yet it took the networks this long to realise that Habs fans want to watch pre season games. I dont get a lot of chances to see the prospects play, especially playing against other NHL caliber players. It will definitely be nice to see the prospects play in some pre season games this year.

28 games on CBC? I'll believe that when I see it. Most of them won't be seen outside of Quebec.

Yeah, that's not necessarily national games. With Winnipeg now being in the Eastern Conference fold, I don't think there will be a whole lot of true 'national' games aside from ones during the week (something CBC seemed to do quite a bit with last year for Montreal).