Markov

brobin

• injury date is irrelevant
  • markov's surgery dec 8th, 2010
  • full recovery from cadaver reconstruction (dead person's achilles tendon) 6-8 mths

gorges & markov's first surgery ( he returned after just over 5 months)

• full recovery from patella tendon reconstruction (your own knee cap tendon) 10-12 months

(markov's 2nd surgery)

• full recovery from semi-tendinosis reconstruction (your own hamstring tendon) 12-14 months

-hamstring is best option (most stable, 150 x stronger then actual acl, not as elasticity) but is a horrible option for athletes as your hamstring becomes suspect because the tendon does not regenerate and compromises your full stride when running

-patella is best option for athletes without the option of a cadaver because the hamstring is not put at risk and success rate is great. more then 100 x stronger but even less elasticity

-cadaver is what most pro athletes use because it uses none of your own body to fix so athletes wont be liable anywhere else but the knee. recovery time is 6 months because of the "ligamentization" of the tendon and then waiting for bone growth and muscle growth. it is a short term fix usually lasting 10-15 yrs

markov's lucky as both tears where clean and there was zero damage done to the knee outside of acl (no bruised bones, meniscus, ligaments or muscle tears) my estimated return date was nov 17 which is a road game prior to saturday night at the bell centre but this delay in florida could put him a further week back so for me it is as early as nov 17- nov 24!

According to my Habs official wall calender, Markov is the player of the month for November. Therefore he should be back soon! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Markov will be slower though right?

I already thought he was slower the last time he came back.

I am so excited for it though will lower everyone's important minutes and allow PK to thrive.

• 3 weeks later...

Markov will be slower though right?

I already thought he was slower the last time he came back.

I am so excited for it though will lower everyone's important minutes and allow PK to thrive.

he shouldnt be un less he's put on fat or muscle... they used his patella and not his hamstring so his stride should not be affected.

looks like i was off a week from my projected nov 17-24th return date but if things look good theres an outside chance he plays against the pen's or breaks the ice on that western road swing

Markov's game isn't about speed. If about control, quick feet, and position. I don't care if he's lost a little pace. An attacker is a little different. For a defender, positioning is the #1 thing - which is why a guy like Gill can still be successful at the NHL level. What we need from Markov is stability, health, and the ability to teach PK how to shorten his backswing, take a little off the shot and HIT THE FREAKIN NET.

he shouldnt be un less he's put on fat or muscle... they used his patella and not his hamstring so his stride should not be affected.

looks like i was off a week from my projected nov 17-24th return date but if things look good theres an outside chance he plays against the pen's or breaks the ice on that western road swing

The Western road trip has already been ruled out for a return. I imagine he'd be back shortly after that though.

The Western road trip has already been ruled out for a return. I imagine he'd be back shortly after that though.

ahhhh... what does jacques martin really know that i dont??

hes all ready to go my friends. the knee is stable, the muscle is back and bone growth complete.. the only thing that's gonna blow his knee again is another freak accident!!

all that's needed now is actual game play so he can see his knee stability when fatigued.... he wont play in carolina philly and pitt.. some strong practices out west and we might see him in SJ or LA. i'd prefer he played his first game on the road before returning home

ahhhh... what does jacques martin really know that i dont??

hes all ready to go my friends. the knee is stable, the muscle is back and bone growth complete.. the only thing that's gonna blow his knee again is another freak accident!!

all that's needed now is actual game play so he can see his knee stability when fatigued.... he wont play in carolina philly and pitt.. some strong practices out west and we might see him in SJ or LA. i'd prefer he played his first game on the road before returning home

One other thing needed: confidence in his own knee. He probably needs a couple of weeks to hit and be hit to know that it's solid under him, or he's going to be tentative.

One other thing needed: confidence in his own knee. He probably needs a couple of weeks to hit and be hit to know that it's solid under him, or he's going to be tentative.

Agree 110%! I played a full season with my brace... Our first playoff game I forgot it and was forced to play without it cause we had no subs... Needless to say, i haven't worn it since! The only thing that will give him thy confidence is actual game time. He can train for 2 more years but until the games come his confidence will never grow

It looks as though Martin said today that a return during the Western road trop is not out of question. It makes sense to me. We'll know soon enough.

What's going to be really irritating is those that expect him to play to his full potential from the get-go. Because you know if he doesn't they'll be bitching and complaining about his contract and how dare we waste money on someone who was an unknown quantity because of injury.

I hope the team ultimately goes the cautious route like the Pens did with Crosby. I'd rather wait an extra 2-3 weeks and see that knee 100% healthy and back to normal then to watch a 90% knee and risk injury. My pet peeve is to hear the "we should have signed Wisniewski" because he is less injury prone, has a big shot, etc....

What's going to be really irritating is those that expect him to play to his full potential from the get-go. Because you know if he doesn't they'll be bitching and complaining about his contract and how dare we waste money on someone who was an unknown quantity because of injury.

Very true, he will need possibly a month to return to pace of game and get his timing and gel with all the new faces.

I do however expect him to have a multi point night his first game back (all that adrenaline pumping through his body)

he wont miss a beat... that talent doesn't forget 10+ years of game play that easily.. by his 3rd shift he'll be firing on all cylinders. he didn't forget how to skate shoot or pass! speaking through personal experience the adjustment is all in game shape/ stamina only not how to play the game. (if anything the forwards need to be ready for crisp end to end passes)

he will need time to get his stamina and minutes up to 20+. my guess is 15+ and alot on the PP to start. slowly working his way up to gorges/subban numbers..

Again, he doesnt need to be re-trained on how to play... some inner squad scrimmage's will get the quirks out... with that said a few game situation slappers and wristers to find his shot accuracy will help

gorges subban

markov campoli

emelin weber

gill, spacek

JM will no doubt experiment and i see a trade deadline move approaching for spacek or campoli

diaz/ st. denis sent down

he wont miss a beat... that talent doesn't forget 10+ years of game play that easily.. by his 3rd shift he'll be firing on all cylinders. he didn't forget how to skate shoot or pass! speaking through personal experience the adjustment is all in game shape/ stamina only not how to play the game. (if anything the forwards need to be ready for crisp end to end passes)

he will need time to get his stamina and minutes up to 20+. my guess is 15+ and alot on the PP to start. slowly working his way up to gorges/subban numbers..

He was a little slow out of the gate last year when he came back I do believe. Just as he was starting to settle in and be more of the player we know he can be is when he got hurt again. They certainly will need to ease him into the lineup so I wouldn't be surprised to see Weber dress as a forward for at least the first few games...just in case.

Yeah, we should be realistic about Markov. The guy has hardly played in two years. He's mortal; he wil need to be eased in, and it wouldn't surprise me if it takes long enough for him to round into form that fans will start griping about his being 'damaged goods' and 'washed up' - which of course will lead immediately to the usual strident demands for the firing of Martin and Gauthier and cries for the team to Tank and get a high pick. Indeed, I expect the Habs to struggle for a few games upon his return, because that's a frequent scenario when a star player comes back.

And then, after several games of struggles and hysteria, the Markov Machine will gradually begin firing on all cylanders and the Habs will suddenly start looking better. The fire-them-now crowd will grow more subdued...until we suffer our next batch cataclysmic injuries, or until we are eliminated in the playoffs, in which case even a loss in the Finals will be taken as resounding proof of JM's or the organization's utter incompetence.

• Upvote 1

Ya....All that stuff comes with playing or coaching in a hockey market that is described as a religion. The pressure on Martin because of the slow start was palpable. A man lost his job because of it. Martin was next. As for Markov? All we can hope and pray for is a healthy rest of his career. We love numbers, let's hope he's 80% of what he was before.

im hoping for 99%..... he put up like 3 pts in 6 +games last year and 34 in the 45 games upon his return the year prior...

like i said before i do believe his minutes need to eased and slowly built up to 20+ minutes.... but if you think he's gonna need 20 games to remember how to play defense or QB a PP then your wrong! you dont forget how to play.....