Markov

brobin

One thing I have been toying with for a while is to send Diaz and St-Denis to Hamilton, trade Weber for a depth player for the 4th line and then sign Bryan McCabe to a contract. McCabe is the exact type of player we need for the PP and is accustomed to playing both the left and right side as a D-parter.

If McCabe plays again, it'll be with a Southern-based team. It has to be, and I'm paraphrasing the actual quote, the right fit for him and his family. He turned down an offer to be a top-4 guy in Edmonton over a month ago in large part because he doesn't want to uproot his family. If he signs somewhere, I suspect he'll try and do what Sopel did last year when he came to Montreal, travel back and forth to be with his family wherever possible. That'd probably take the Habs out of it.

Unlike many, I think McCabe could help, but even if he wanted to play here, we have Spatcho, Campoli and Markov all on IR we'd be setting ourselves up for a crazy mess by January. The time to add McCabe would have been right after Campoli went down. Now, I think, we just have to ride it out.

Unlike many, I think McCabe could help, but even if he wanted to play here, we have Spatcho, Campoli and Markov all on IR we'd be setting ourselves up for a crazy mess by January. The time to add McCabe would have been right after Campoli went down. Now, I think, we just have to ride it out.

Oh yeah, in October I thought differently than I do about this today.

In other news... Roman Hamrlik was a healthy scratch tonight and is -10 on the season... ouch. That two year deal is not looking good.

We are crowded on D but crowded with a plethora of the same type of player. The more I watch Weber play the more I despise this guy. He fumbles with the puck way too much, is over powered by any forward whether bigger or the same size, makes horrible passes. He basically has a big shot but big deal because he rarely gets it off anyway.

Diaz is another one who started strong I thought and now looks pathetic. Glad we made that decision to get rid of the slow, useless Woywitka who is now on one of the best teams in the league, has a goal and 4 assists and a +3. Who could have used that right?

Now that that is over, we really need a change. We have alot of D but they are simply not doing the job. It's easy to get to the front of our net and teams are not finding it difficult to get back into games because of the inexperience. Markov doesn't look like he'll be back for a while, Spacek is perpetually injured and Campoli is lord knows where. Send St-Denis and Diaz to Hamilton and then part ways with Weber and let's try to right this ship from the back end out.

What does that mean can not pivot one way?>

Does that mean he needs another surgery?

That his career is over?

Basically means his knee is weak. If he can;t pivot on both sides then he will have to adjust his play and over compensate to one side because he won't be able to make that transition if a player changes his attacking angle. If a D-man cannot pivot then he is screwed basically.

Not sure of the injury but maybe the tendon is just tight? Maybe the answer si that he can pivot but he feels some tenderness or something. Career I highly doubt is over.

I thought Diaz looked good last night... 26+ minutes. Played pretty well IMO.

Weber... PATHETIC... no other word for him last night.

Last night Diaz looked good, I'll give you that but it's the first decent game he's played in a while. His play seems to have stagnated. Weber's play seems to have declined. I would personally rather see St-Denis and Emelin then the other 2.

Last night Diaz looked good, I'll give you that but it's the first decent game he's played in a while. His play seems to have stagnated. Weber's play seems to have declined. I would personally rather see St-Denis and Emelin then the other 2.

Agreed there, i haven't liked Diaz in a while.... I do agree he needs Hamilton time. I was just saying I liked him last night.

Weber has been pathetic for a while.

Overall I still like Diaz better of the two though.

Emelin is ahead of both IMO.

Agreed there, i haven't liked Diaz in a while.... I do agree he needs Hamilton time. I was just saying I liked him last night.

Weber has been pathetic for a while.

Overall I still like Diaz better of the two though.

Emelin is ahead of both IMO.

Don't know what is happening with Weber. IMO, Diaz has been better than him in the last few games. As for Emelin, he definitely is coming along as a very good defenseman.

Diaz to me has alot more potential than Weber. he is more reliable, tries to be more physical, has more confidence with the puck. Spend 20-30 games in the hammer and develop his game for the smaller ice surface and then we'll see a more more polished played for the team.

Weber....guy has no trade value so let's part ways for a depth guy.

To me he is 9th or 10th on the depth chart.

That's not a good idea, Weber has no business being in the top 6 D.

As others have mentioned, Diaz seems more solid overall. On a good defense he is still a spare part.

I am more and more impressed with Emelin every game. Between he and Moen the probably have 85% of the hits each night.

The news regarding Markov seems very unsettling. He can't pivot...yikes.

What should the Habs do, exactly, if he doesn't come back? So far everything seems to have been predicated on his return. But if that doesn't happen, we clearly are in no position to be anything better than a bubble team.

Maybe that becomes the moment to swing for the fences re: Ryan, Stastny or Staal? Then try to sign a high-end UFA D-man in the offseason and make a real run? Thoughts?

Does someone have a link to details on this pivot business? it seems to me that any real troubles with his rehab would have prevented him being cleared for contact practicing. i am going to believe that the team is exercising Crosby-like caution here, until i read confirmation otherwise. do we have a link to concrete info?

The news regarding Markov seems very unsettling. He can't pivot...yikes.

What should the Habs do, exactly, if he doesn't come back? So far everything seems to have been predicated on his return. But if that doesn't happen, we clearly are in no position to be anything better than a bubble team.

Maybe that becomes the moment to swing for the fences re: Ryan, Stastny or Staal? Then try to sign a high-end UFA D-man in the offseason and make a real run? Thoughts?

If Markov is indeed finished as a star defenseman (I don't believe that yet) then we are in real trouble. All of our hopes are resting on him...

To pick up talent like you mentioned we would have to give up something good. MaxPac or Subban probably -Yikes!

If Markov is done then I would start leaning towards being sellers rather than buyers.

<p>

Does someone have a link to details on this pivot business?  it seems to me that any real troubles with his rehab would have prevented him being cleared for contact practicing.  i am going to believe that the team is exercising Crosby-like caution here, until i read confirmation otherwise.  do we have a link to concrete info?

https://twitter.com/#!/BrianWildeCTV/status/142424520823812098

Perhaps, they mean he tweaked something and can't pivot until it feels better...

On the other hand, it is looking more and more like Markov's knee is not healing fully. People forget that while they can fix these things often, there are times when the knee is just never the same.

Remember Niinimaa? He sucked, but it was clear that his knees were gone and he simply could not play at the level expected of him. I fear Markov will never be the same. We just signed up for a big, long term contract for a player who if he ever plays again, may be a shadow of his former self. Its not for sure, but it is not a remote possibility either. It is quite possible.

The worse thing for the habs would be Markov coming back and being terrible. It will be another expensive contract we can't move. He either needs to be as good as ever, or we are better off with him retiring.

And before everyone gets up in arms, Markov was one of my favourite players, but business is business.