Emelin

brobin

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DS11-0916-Habs-04372.jpg

This is at the medical? Wow, is he on the "Little Chocolate Donuts" training diet?

This is not good for a guy coming to the NHL! I can't think the coaching staff is going to be too happy with him off season training!

DS11-0916-Habs-04372.jpg

Oh come on boys. Yemelin will be ship shape in no time.. So he drank beer and played Call of Duty all summer, no biggie right?

In contrast it looks like Kosty is already in fine form.

Looking for big things from this guy in 2012:

378297-andrei-kostitsyn.jpg

WOW!

That photo is hilarious. At least he's not Kyle Wellwood bad! But considering the emphasis JM places upon conditioning, I'm willing to bet Emelin is already getting the evil eye. How he responds to Martin's prompting will be important, I'd speculate, in determining whether he's going to move into the doghouse. :rolleyes:

Oh come on boys. Yemelin will be ship shape in no time.. So he drank beer and played Call of Duty all summer, no biggie right?

In contrast it looks like Kosty is already in fine form.

Looking for big things from this guy in 2012:

378297-andrei-kostitsyn.jpg

WOW!

I look for big things from him for about 30 games, along with about 50 where he seems to be skating around in a daze. In other words: the usual. ;)

I look for big things from him for about 30 games, along with about 50 where he seems to be skating around in a daze. In other words: the usual. ;)

As long as those 30 are in the playoffs i won't complain ;P

Side note... they are making the same face :P

From the accounts of training camp, Yemelin was laying players out left and right and really using his size and surprising speed, the players are impressed. Tinordi has impressed as well at camp.

Great to hear Yemelin is doing well; Ian Shultz was also hitting everything in sight last year if i remember correctly (till he hurt shoulder and has kind of flopped since then)

Who will be the 7th d-man once Markov is back (if he even misses games);

Weber, Spacek or Yemelin? Weber most likely i assume ?

Who will be the 7th d-man once Markov is back (if he even misses games);

Weber, Spacek or Yemelin? Weber most likely i assume ?

I wish it was Spacek who would be the 7th, but it will probably be Weber who will be filling in for injured forwards and d probobly

I think it's still a little too early to say how Yemelin will do. It will take him at least 20-25 games to adapt to the north american style of play...not to mention the smaller ice surface.

I think he will be like all newbies to the league. He is going to have some real highs when he has games where he is intimadating and flattening guys left and right. He's going to have those lows when he goes to hit and misses and gets scored upon as he is out of the play on a 2 on 1 or worse situation. In the end it will even out and I see a 60-40 split this year for him as he gets used to the game, the travel, the media and last but not least.....the many ways of JM.

I am hoping this guy can become another Subban. He can certainly hit people. I like.

I don't think Subban and Yemelin are very similar. I think the habs are gonna groom Yemelin to be a solid stay at home d-man who can dish out some nasty hits. Whereas P.K. is an Offensive d-man who is (or will be) responsible defensively.

With Campoli possible concussion, my guess is two weeks waiting for no trauma,

Markov still out, Gorges had already two tough hits at his knee. It is more than important

to keep bodies in Montreal.

Having a tough nail aroud like Yemelin who won't back down is a must keep here.

Weber's a keeper too starts slows and somehow gets geared in november.

Great to have around for his point boom shot too.

Diaz has some moves, he can work them as being the number one guy in Hamilton.

If sky falls down Woywitka could play a couple of games, AHL bound.

So it's not good but looks like this to start the season.

Gill- Subban

Spacek- Gorges

Yemelin-Weber

I would not have think it possible a few weeks ago, but having watched Diaz play in the pre-seasons game I feel that he will start the season with the Habs. Yemelin too, as well as Weber. As for Campoli, nobody said that he had a concussion. Who knows? he might be ready for the opener.

With Campoli possible concussion, my guess is two weeks waiting for no trauma,

Markov still out, Gorges had already two tough hits at his knee. It is more than important

to keep bodies in Montreal.

Having a tough nail aroud like Yemelin who won't back down is a must keep here.

Weber's a keeper too starts slows and somehow gets geared in november.

Great to have around for his point boom shot too.

Diaz has some moves, he can work them as being the number one guy in Hamilton.

If sky falls down Woywitka could play a couple of games, AHL bound.

So it's not good but looks like this to start the season.

Gill- Subban

Spacek- Gorges

Yemelin-Weber

Good top-4. Bad bottom pairing - which has been my concern all along. For my money, you're better off mixing vets and rookies rather than having Emelin-Weber paired off.

I think you have to keep Weber around because, other than Subban, only he has any plausible chance of representing a threat from the point. Conversely, that Diaz frees up Spacek to play on his natural side is a major argument for sticking him in the lineup. Spacek will be a key guy for us given the injuries and the absence of Hammer, so we need to put him in a situation where he can eat minutes and succeed.

at least it wasnt subban on the end of that Malone hit, we would be done for.

I hate guys like malone, who just try to hurt other guys....there was no point to that hit unless he was trying to hurt Campoli...he should get 10 games.

Come on Shanny make it so

I like Emelin. I think he's still adjusting to the North American ice, and to the new angles he needs to take when making hits and playing in the defensive zone. However if you watch him play you can see that the talent is there, and the majority of his mistakes so far will correct themselves once he adjusts to smaller ice.

My prediction is that it might be a rough couple months for him (limited minutes, press box time, etc...) but come december or so he will turn his game on and become a top 4 dman for this team.

• 4 weeks later...

So how many scratches before he goes back to Russia?

Its probably been explained to him (just like it was told to PK when he was scratched 3 straight games last year) that JM doesn't change a winning lineup. He won't get back in there, until after our next loss.Also his contract doesn't have an out for being scratched, its only if he's sent to the AHL.