Emelin

brobin

I like AKs hits...he can devastate opposing players, especially when he gets angry. My opinion has changed of AK, I realize how talented and physical he can be...compared to Cammy haha.

I've always like Andrei. My like of him peaked during the announcements last year.

Je Suis Brian Gionta

Je Suis Tomas Plekanec

Je Suis Hal Gill

Je Suis Mike Camamlleri

Andreiiiii Kostitsysn

Awesome.

I especially like him as a 3rd line player against 3rd line d-men. Cammalleri actually looked interested last night for the first time in a while. Embarrassed by his play perhaps?

Emelin gets better each and every night.

He will get himself out of position a couple times a game trying for the big hit but he for sure puts doubt in attacking players heads when they come towards the Habs zone.

Teams will get frusturated with his unwillingness to fight after but who cares.

AS long as he keeps the elbows in and applies shoulder to chest he will be a fan favourite.

Well you forgot to mention AK...he's lead the habs in hits for the last what 3-4 years I believe.

The last 2 years maybe..but not more. Komisarek led the habs in hits his last 3 seasons in Montréal.

I agree sitting Emelin was kinda strange yet of all the games JM could have done it, last nights game was the better one. I believe he will be in the line up against Pissy... uhh! ... Philly. I think JM knows he (Emelin) has a good radar to make a hit and knows against a though and big team, no one else on D likes to hit as much as he does.

I feel sorry for Emelin. I know he was green to the smaller ice surface but the kid gave up millions to come here, finds himself in an out of the line-up and flip flops from one side to the next.

Why not keep him on the left and play a guy like Kaberle on the right. He's piss poor defensively anywhere.

Otherwise on the road separate Subban and Gorges to ensure one of them is on the ice at all times since we don;t have the match-up and again keep Emelin on the left.

I feel sorry for Emelin. I know he was green to the smaller ice surface but the kid gave up millions to come here, finds himself in an out of the line-up and flip flops from one side to the next.

Why not keep him on the left and play a guy like Kaberle on the right. He's piss poor defensively anywhere.

Otherwise on the road separate Subban and Gorges to ensure one of them is on the ice at all times since we don;t have the match-up and again keep Emelin on the left.

That sounds entirely too reasonable. Do you know which coach we're talking about?

Only reason I am playing EMelin is because he provides that element that nobody else on the team adds. He simply throw the same players over and ov er again......it's annoying.

I'd be willing to bet my next paycheck that Emelin will be in the line-up tomorrow against the Flyers. Let's just hope that they won't try to play him on the right side. Keep him on the left where he belongs.

If I had to guess, I'd suggest Kaberle's predecessor (Spacek) had a role in it. When he came to the Habs, he had basically (save for a game or two I'm sure) been exclusively used as a left d-man, just like Kaberle. We know that didn't go over well; it was tough for 'an old dog to learn a new trick,' so to speak. Like Spacek, Kaberle has been a left D in his career, it's reasonable to assume there would be similar difficulties.

Emelin on the other hand, is a rookie and hasn't played left defence as long. It can be inferred that it would be easier to try and convert him (much like Gorges when he joined the team) and 'teach a new dog a new trick.' The trial by fire (NJ) didn't work so they're going to go slow with him. Looking at the roster moving forward, if Markov's healthy, he and Kaberle are manning 2 of the 3 LD spots through 2014...barring trade of course. It's really in Emelin's and the teams' best interest long-term (and short-term) to go through this growing pain; this should help keep him in the lineup down the road.

If he's going to play on the left, it's going to be for Gill. But not yet. He still has to grow into the NA game and learn positioning and support fundamentals intrinsic to the small ice surface. My guess is that half the reason he didn't play last night was because Martin saw him struggle and wanted to give him an extra day or so of practice before being thrown to the wolves again. If Martin sees adequate improvement, Emelin goes back to the right side.

Bottom line, with Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Kaberle Campoli and Gill all on the left, there will have to be decisions made. Of course, that decision is out of management's hands if they wait long, since Campoli and Gill are both out at the end of the year. Going forward, though, that still leaves four guys, so someone will have to learn to play the right, or management will have to make some moves. My guess is that they'll attempt to parlay some of our lefty assets into more reliable righties.

If he's going to play on the left, it's going to be for Gill. But not yet. He still has to grow into the NA game and learn positioning and support fundamentals intrinsic to the small ice surface. My guess is that half the reason he didn't play last night was because Martin saw him struggle and wanted to give him an extra day or so of practice before being thrown to the wolves again. If Martin sees adequate improvement, Emelin goes back to the right side.

It's a shame that he's the one who has to switch side, cuz IMO, in his last few games, he was looking more like the wolf than his opponents...

It's a shame that he's the one who has to switch side, cuz IMO, in his last few games, he was looking more like the wolf than his opponents...

Exactly. I don't know what has to be done, but if I am Gauthier, I want the line up so Emelin is in every game. I think Kaberle makes Campoli redundant. Try to re sign AK before the deadline. If he doesn't want to sign, trade him and campoli for someone good.