Disciplinary decisions by Brendan Shanahan

brobin

McQuaid gets a fine for the same offense that cost Porter 4 games. Even Bruin fans on TSN are surprised and felt it was at least 2 games.

The pattern holds.. Bruins don't get suspended. Excuses are made for them and the logic gets more and more twisted from suspension to suspension.

With regards to that knee, there was one dude in Ottawa who felt there shouldn't have been anything supplementary at all. Which makes me feel good. Not that I agree with him, but that there are fans whose Homerism isn't all blinding. It's refreshing in this day and age.

I only wish you could find a few Broon fans who agree that Chara should have been suspended long-term on his Patches hit.

HMMMMM i wonder if it is because they have a guy named campbell on there team? How is it that they get away with everything? thats my guess it is madness, no rhyme or reason to it.

HMMMMM i wonder if it is because they have a guy named campbell on there team? How is it that they get away with everything? thats my guess it is madness, no rhyme or reason to it.

But is Campbell even still involved with discipline? Why would Shanahan favour the Bruins and not the Red Wings or somebody he has ties to?

But is Campbell even still involved with discipline? Why would Shanahan favour the Bruins and not the Red Wings or somebody he has ties to?

Answer the big boss of all of this is still Gary Bettman.  The man who gave Gary Bettman a contract extension and very large raise last year is Jeremy Jacobs.  Jeremy Jacobs owns the Bruins.

Answer the big boss of all of this is still Gary Bettman. The man who gave Gary Bettman a contract extension and very large raise last year is Jeremy Jacobs. Jeremy Jacobs owns the Bruins.

Oh, right. I've heard that before. It explains a lot. lol

Lucic gets 5 minutes and a game misconduct for a dirty hit from behind in a 5-0 game against the flyers.

If he's not suspended, this league is a joke.

Clean record, no intent, it was the boards that caused the injury...

Clean record, no intent, it was the boards that caused the injury...

I'm sure thats what we'll hear, but... I hope some reporter "does his homework" on the clean record

Suspended 1 game 2009 playoffs

Fined 2500; December 2010 incident vs thrashers.

So apparently Cole is going to get off without extra time? Interesting to see the ruling here. Player was obstructed by another Canadien and, while the hit was to the head and that was the principle point of contact (I can hear Shanny saying that), the fact that the opposing player was slowed meant Cole's timing was put off, and therefore the hit was not his fault.

So apparently Cole is going to get off without extra time? Interesting to see the ruling here. Player was obstructed by another Canadien and, while the hit was to the head and that was the principle point of contact (I can hear Shanny saying that), the fact that the opposing player was slowed meant Cole's timing was put off, and therefore the hit was not his fault.

Nah... same reasoning as Malone/campoli.... Larsson lost the puck, was lunging forward to retrieve it and got hit. His head position moved at the last second, and he put himself in a vulnerable position.

Personally i think that Malone and Cole both should have been suspended, but at least there is internal consistency, and the hits are pretty similar.

Shanny: Hey Milan, hows it going.

Lucic: Great. Fans love me.

Shanny: Hey, they aren't the only ones. I love you too! Not as much as Chara, but hey, even I am scare of Chara.

Lucic: Ha Ha, well I will let him know you are thinking of him. I am sure it won't be long before you get a chance to "chat"... ha ha

Shanny: Well, down to business I guess. I am thinking of going with the "he turned on you excuse" but it might not fly. Do you have any ideas?

Lucic: Well, the no intent thing works wonders and of course, no major injury.. I think you could imply he dove a bit and it wasn't really a bad hit.

Shanny: Yeah, that would probably work. I can yammer on a bit on the no intent and no injury stuff, tie it to the lack of injury. It wasn't a head hit, so no one really cares.

Lucic: Sounds like a plan. Great chatting with you. Don't forget to swing by the house for a drink next time you are in Boston.

Shanny: You bet! Now get out there and knock some heads.. ha ha...

Lucic: HA HA HA..