Disciplinary decisions by Brendan Shanahan

brobin

It'll be a deterrent as long as he is constant

I didn't have a whole lot of faith in Shannahan making much of a difference a couple days ago.

Still kinda jaded about the system in general (Patch / Chara ), but I like what we're seeing so far from the new sheriff.

Consistency will be the key, let's hope he keeps it up.

I didn't have a whole lot of faith in Shannahan making much of a difference a couple days ago.

Still kinda jaded about the system in general (Patch / Chara ), but I like what we're seeing so far from the new sheriff.

Consistency will be the key, let's hope he keeps it up.

I wonder what Chara would have got...

Video of Shanahan explaining his decision on Wisniewski / Clutterbuck incident.

http://video.nhl.com...id=60&id=124919

Video of Shanahan explaining his decision on Boyes / Colbourne incident.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=124919

Ouch, 8 games for Wiz. Good thing the Jackets tend to be a strong starting team. I didn't realize he'd been suspended four times already.

Did he get a suspension with the habs?

Wisnewski seemed so .... tame, with the Habs last year lol. What was he thinking?? Given his record, and the after-the-whistle fact ... Good on Shanahan. Can't wait to see what he does when a star player happens to be the offender.

Very impressed with the vids of him explaining everything three times lol. Makes it absolutely clear.

This is the reform our league needed.

Kudos to Shanny. I think his consistent application of the rules thus far should definitely help to deter future incidents.

I love his succinct dissection of the plays. He knows so much more than some suit in the NHL front office.

He's got integrity and class and I hope he can continue to be a confident disciplinarian.

Did he get a suspension with the habs?

I don't believe so. His only suspension last year was for his pantomime to Avery.

Video of Shanahan explaining his decision on Wisniewski / Clutterbuck incident.

Video of Shanahan explaining his decision on Boyes / Colbourne incident.

I love this format. Love it.

I'm liking the consistency with Shanny. Is he also in charge of the officials? If he is I hope he makes their jobs easier to provide more consistency, cause, as far as their concerned their still as random and inconsistent as Colin Campbell was. It's only pre-season, and the refs are frustrating me already. If we have another season where the habs are amongst the league leaders in minors, there is certainly something wrong here.

I'm liking the consistency with Shanny. Is he also in charge of the officials? If he is I hope he makes their jobs easier to provide more consistency, cause, as far as their concerned their still as random and inconsistent as Colin Campbell was. It's only pre-season, and the refs are frustrating me already. If we have another season where the habs are amongst the league leaders in minors, there is certainly something wrong here.

He is only in charge of "player safety issues." He only is involved in dangerous hits.

I think Shanahan is doing a great job as the new sherrif in town.Walk into the room with a big stick and whack away.Players especially Jody Shelley and James Wisniewski are going to think twice next time a player is vulnerable and they take a cheapshot.There is no more take 1 for the "team" anymore cause the "team" aint chipping in and helping out with the big fines.8 games is 10% of Shelleys salary or 3 weeks with out a paycheck,and Shelly doesn't make $5 mill a year.More like $1 mill. so that hit just cost him $100,000.Wisniewski may not have got as many games but he makes 4 times the money Shelly makes so the fine is bigger and seeing how both players are repeat offenders I would not like to be in their skates next time they **** up.

Really tough call here. I'm just glad Campoli seems ok, or I'd be outraged and sign up for the "NHL vs. MTL" conspiracy group. :)

Really tough call here. I'm just glad Campoli seems ok, or I'd be outraged and sign up for the "NHL vs. MTL" conspiracy group. :)

If he had been injured Malone would have got like 2 games or something

tough call on the suspension. While it wasn't the cleanest of hits I think Malone could have hit him much worse or much less.. I believe that Campoli took a calculated risk in trying to chip the puck forward. He knew he was going to get hit and tried to spin off of Malone.. I am just glad he's ok. And I really love how Josh Gorges jumped in right away afterwards

Its not a conspiracy against Montreal, its just Shanahan protecting Steve Yzerman's team.

Protecting your buddy's team is the new protecting your son's team. ;)

I'm not being serious in saying that conspiracy stuff; but in all honesty, I really don't understand this call. How this is different from the Brendan Smith/Ben Smith or Abdelkader/MacArthur hits, I don't know.

Edited by Commandant

I really don't understand this call. How this is different from the Brendan Smith/Ben Smith or Abdelkader/MacArthur hits, I don't know.

really?

The difference is that Smith/Abdelkader didn't change their head position "just prior to or during the hit" leaving the onus on the Checker to deliver a full body hit.

In Campoli's case he lunged for the puck just prior to/during the hit which put his head in a vulnerable position.