GDT | Boston vs. Montreal | September 25th, 2011 | 6PM EST

lazy26

Take it easy guys. The results don't mean anything right now. What we have to focus on is the individual plays of the rookies. So far, I am impressed by our depth. I have no doubt that once the season will begin, Martin will be able to put on the ice a very strong line-up. IMO, it looks very good indeed.

Take it easy guys. The results don't mean anything right now. What we have to focus on is the individual plays of the rookies. So far, I am impressed by our depth. I have no doubt that once the season will begin, Martin will be able to put on the ice a very strong line-up. IMO, it looks very good indeed.

I'm not worried right now. Preseason games are not important and I get that. I would like to see some cuts so that the team can start the regular season ready to play. It's not a 50/50 statement. Preseason means nothing, but I would like to see them ready to play.

I guess I am less impressed with most of the rookies. Few look NHL ready.

I like Gomez, AK, Cole, and Subban so far. They all look hungry to play. A few rookies look like they could be decent on an injury call up I guess.

The real thing I am waiting to see is our normal lineup implementing the system and building on some chemistry. After then next game, i hope Martin will finally have the kind of schedule that allows for it.

For any lingering nervous nellies: I remember one year in the late 90s, we finished first or second overall in the preseason. Everyone was excited. Well, it didn't take long to come back to earth and relearn that our team was a wretched pile of lizard guano. Preseason means EXACTLY nothing. How a veteran performs means nothing. How a team performs means nothing. How a rookie performs means only that he may be given a chance in the regular season; but a strong preseason rookie performance is still almost meaningless as an indicator of how he will do once the games start mattering. This whole thing may be necessary in order for players to shake the rust out and coaches to implement new systems. But it is a farce in terms of competition - at best a curio allowing you to distinguish which rookies seem further along in their development. Any further inference should be avoided.

For any lingering nervous nellies: I remember one year in the late 90s, we finished first or second overall in the preseason. Everyone was excited. Well, it didn't take long to come back to earth and relearn that our team was a wretched pile of lizard guano. Preseason means EXACTLY nothing. How a veteran performs means nothing. How a team performs means nothing. How a rookie performs means only that he may be given a chance in the regular season; but a strong preseason rookie performance is still almost meaningless as an indicator of how he will do once the games start mattering. This whole thing may be necessary in order for players to shake the rust out and coaches to implement new systems. But it is a farce in terms of competition - at best a curio allowing you to distinguish which rookies seem further along in their development. Any further inference should be avoided.

I hope you are partly worng about the vets, because what I have seen of the vets has been fantastic. Most of the poor play has been a result of kids making poor decisions. I'm not nervous at all. I just would like to see a closer semblance to what the team will look like during the regular season. The results of these games is of no consequense to me. Honest. I don't care if they lose the next 5 games in a row. Including regular season.

I guess I am less impressed with most of the rookies. Few look NHL ready.

Indeed. A couple of junior prospects have been showcasing their talent (Beaulieu, Gallagher) but not enough to force a stay in the NHL. The AHLers have been AHLers, with those we'd hoped would surprise us... haven't.

There have been very few challengers to the few spots open, with only perhaps Dumont forcing himself into the picture.

Also, injuries have forced players the team would like to have a better look at to sit on the sidelines.

It was an AHL vs NHL game tonight. Disappointing to lose to Boston but obviously the core is getting ready for tomorrow night in Montreal.

Overall I liked Budaj, despite the result on the score board. He would have benefitted from some better defense.

I'll be more than happy to get past the cuts, eliminating the big question marks from the roster.

Looking forward to round 2 in MTL.

These games mean nothing, but at some point you need to start getting your vets in game shape. The Bruins look like they have 80 percent of their NHL roster playing, so losing to them is no surprise.

I want to start seeing something close to our opening roster soon.

The Tampa games will have close to regular rosters. Tomorrow's game will be the last with guys who have no chance of making the team.

Guys like Palushaj deserve more chances because of what they did over the long term in the past year, whereas guys like Dumont have to earn more minutes through camp because they weren't anywhere near the NHL at the end of last year.

Ahh the joys of pre-season exhibition hockey in a neutral city.

This game was a farce. I'm actually kinda surprised that Jacques Martin even showed up...

He sure didn't bring an NHL team with him.

We had one line that could compete, thats it.

At least I got to see some good players last night.

albeit mostly Bruins, but Cole is looking good.

It breaks my heart to see Benoit wearing a B's jersey tough...

BRING ON THE REGULAR SEASON ALREADY!