Habs Sign Chris Campoli

mineral

Like many of you already mentionned, this is a good pick up and for 1.75 million over one year, it won't cost the Habs too much. The bad news is that this probably means Markov will miss a few games at the start of the season...let's hope that he doesn't miss more than 8-10 games.

I think someone tagged it right earlier. We're getting some proven experience without giving up 2nd & 3rd round pics that impairs our future growth. There has been a lot

of rumours going around that the Team is about to do some sort of deal with Weber + ? going somewhere. I just hope that a) we get some muscle( not a goon) who can play physical

in front of the net and in the corners without taking penalties and not letting anybody "run" Price anymore without knowing there will be full consequences for doing so. and b) another

physical presence up front with some scoring ability. I know that sounds like asking for the moon but we are still too small, too soft and JM is too stubborn to change course on his way

to the same predictable game plan.

I don't know if this Gallagher kid will stay around more than the 9 games but maybe he will light a fire under some of our "UMT's" that limit our teams abilities to move into the top echelon of the league.

Oh...UMT's....Under Motivated Types..... :rastapop:

• 2 weeks later...

HA HA HA

At some point, you either have to laugh or cry.

Well, all you folks who had enormous faith in Emelin/Diaz will now have your initial optimism put to the test. Either these guys can step in and eat major minutes, or we're basically boned. :flaming:

At this point, it may be less painful to even remember he's on the team. We're in the exact situation we were 2 weeks ago, nothing has changed...aside from a bunch of cap space going up in flames (the Habs aren't in a spot to use LTIR since they're still under the cap so help likely isn't on the way from that avenue).

There was actually a bidding war for Masse's services after his solid playoff run, though I don't think he's as bad as you do. I'm not sure he's primed for a breakout campaign but he's still a useful piece for Hamilton. Lefebvre I didn't get then and I surely don't now. I sadly suspect their pickups had something to do with the fact they were locals (especially Lefebvre's after some of the media tore a strip out the Habs for not drafting locals). The saddest part about Lefebvre is that this is the 3rd year of a 3 year deal...and there's still 2 years left of it...long live the slide rule.

Fortunately there are teams who have contract spots available; if the Habs had to get rid of someone I'm sure they could find a taker for a giveaway price (futures).

Masse to me will always be the guy the Habs signed due to media pressure. The signing came days after they lost out on Riendeau to the Bruins, and Masse has alwasys seemed like a bad consolation prize for that.

Where is the thread....Habs have the worst active D in the league!!!|

And then I can cut and paste ALL the stuff I wrote last season!

I think that's grossly exaggerated...

I mean look at Edmonton... thats bad

There's only 1 contract spot left on the 50-man roster so I'm not sure it'd be a signing. If they do go that route, it'll be Paul Mara in all likelihood.

This would be my first choice. I always liked Mara, and wasn't happy both times they let him walk.