Scott Gomez injured at ECHL game.

Tony_

Originally posted by TSN.ca

Scott Gomez breaks pelvis in ECHL game

TSN.ca Staff

4/18/2005

It's what NHL general managers feared during the lockout - a serious injury to one of their players who had found work elsewhere.

Alaska Aces leading scorer Scott Gomez suffered a broken pelvis in an overtime loss to the Bakersfield Condors in Game 4 of the EHCL playoffs on Saturday.

The NHL all-star and New Jersey Devils restricted free agent was headed back to his bench when the Condors' Ashlee Langdone slammed him awkwardly into the open gate.

Aces coach Davis Payne said prospects are good for a full recovery but like any broken bone, it needs time to heal.  Payne, however, was not impressed with Langdone's actions.

''It's one thing to play that type of hockey, to finish your checks, to check hard, punch, slash and facewash people from behind,'' Payne said to the Anchorage Daily News. ''But it's another thing to take a premium superstar who did everyone in the game of hockey a favour by coming here and hit him like that.

''It's absolutely disgraceful."

gomez_7078.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=121922

Oh man that has to kill. Man if this guy is out longterm the Devils better figure something out.

Man that really sucks.

[Edited on 2005/4/18 by Tony]

That's terrible, what was going through that guys mind. Did he think that Gomez would only get a little scratch or something? Geez

I hope he heals fast.

I dont feel bad either. I dont wish any harm on Gomez, but hey... He knew the risks involved when he joined that team.

Plus, I dont like the Devils much, and they are a habs eastern rival. Anything that hurts their team is fine by me.

''It's one thing to play that type of hockey, to finish your checks, to check hard, punch, slash and facewash people from behind,'' Payne said to the Anchorage Daily News. ''But it's another thing to take a premium superstar who did everyone in the game of hockey a favour by coming here and hit him like that.
OK. So it's percectly acceptable to break the rules if you do it to someone who isn't a quote star uncoute?

I'm not saying whether I feel bad for him or not I'm saying that's an injury that hurts like hell.

Whether I feel bad for him or not is a different situation, on a professional level not really, he knows the risks he must take before entering the ice before each game. Maybe family wise that has to suck if he has young children and won't be able to do nothing during his recovery.

Either way, I don't think the guy should feel morally responsible unless he knew he was doing. I don't think he could have predicted that his hit would have broke the guy's freakin' pelvis bone.

Bah I hope I didn't ramble too much, I'm doing my ethics homework right now :P