Blues waive V.Bure...

puck7x

Will someone please explain to me why the Blues traded a valuable young d-man in Mike Van Ryn for a player who they had for a few months and then waived? (V.Bure...)

Seems pretty dumb to me.

BTW : This is NHL news , thats why I am bringing it up... under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do I want the habs to claim V.Bure , no thanks!

<a href="http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Blues/411D5B3DB7ED186E86256D4900777413?OpenDocument& Headline=Blues+start+lowering+payroll+by+waiving+B">Click Here!!!</a>

In other news... D.Bykov signed with the AK Bars of Europe , thats a blow to the wings D-depth for next year , although Bykov signing with the AK bars does NOT prevent him from playing in the NHL next year (he is only ineligible after he plays a game for AK , after a deadline ... which I forget the date for)

Sorry no link on the Bykov stuff.

[Edited on 2003/6/19 by puck7x]

QUICK!!! GET BURE!!!

IF WE CAN'T HAVE THE 50 GOAL ONE, GET THE 50 GAME ONE!!!

HE'S A STEAL!!!

ROBITAILLE-TURGEON-BURE!!!

OH, HAPPY DAYS!!!

And you all think I'm kidding...

:nono:

Click here

Russian text isn't supported, so here's the translation:

For the management/manual of Kazan' "Ak panther" it was possible to reach/achieve the understanding about the return to the command of the defender of Dmitriy Bykov, provedshego the past season in the cloud/club NKHL "Detroit red Of uingz".Bulls signed s "Ak by panther" biennial contract. Passage of Bykov from Detroit into Kazan?pleasant unexpected contingency, indeed it is rare when hockey player in the bloom of forces, after conducting outstanding season in the strongest overseas league, returns to Russia. 26- summer Bykov left in NKHL year ago after the appearance on the championship of peace/world in Sweden, where the team of Russia occupied the second place.Defender, who always preferred to play in his gates, on that world superiority unexpectedly presented himself as the bombardier, after throwing three washers, moreover tournament did not play because of the injury.The bosses of "Detroit" then without the doubts invited Bykov into the summer training camp, on sums of which Dmitriy obtained place in the basic composition (but indeed it it was selected on glass rod 2001 of year only under 258- m with number).As a result in the regular championship NKHL of rossiyanin it conducted 71 matches, threw two washers and made 10 successful transfers.

If anyone's wondering, this section is directly below the part that says detroitredwings.com, which not surprisingly, is the only part I actually understood in that article. :)