Montreal vs Toronto, October 6, 2011

dlbalr

So we get Cole, have AK46 and Maxpac and the penguin has got Darche on the PP?????

Darche scored more PP goals than Eric Cole last year.

He's not a PP guy... but I like seeing him on the top line 5 on 5.

Edited by Commandant

It's puzzling. There doesn't seem to be any push-back or passion or spark to the Habs...it's like they're waiting for the other guy to kick-start things. They'd better figure it out, because there won't be the calvary riding in from Hamilton like happened at one point last season. Conversely, we should give the Leafs credit. They've played smart, smothering and opportunistic hockey since that horrendous first period.

I also have the impression that the ice sucks out there. Could be a factor for a team built like ours, I suppose.

Boone's live blogging points out that things deteriorated after Campoli got hurt. That illustrates the fragility of the situation on the blueline, in terms of running the PP and generating offence from the back end.

Thing is, this team doesn't look like itself. Where's the combativeness, the fire, from guys like Cammy, Pleks and Gio? Even PK looks a little fuddled. It's like the chemistry from last season just disappeared.

Patches and Gomez are the two that worry me the most. Gomez looks like last year; Patches, like the year before.

I also cant understand Diaz over Yemelin.

Diaz has been very good this game. Weber is an adventure every shift... and both goals were on Subban mistakes.

Gorges has been our best D, but Diaz is in the top 2.

Edited by Commandant

Brutal.. but give credit to the leafs.. plugging up the middle and letting the habs be the perimeter team they are.

Leafs out Jacques Martinned, Jacques Martin tonight.

Rely on the goalie in the first period... get a goal somehow... and then soak up pressure and block tons of shots.

There offence all came off turnovers and counterattacks as well.

Credit to them, they played a very good 40 minutes, after Reimer held them in the first.

Edited by Commandant

i wanna puke. i know its just 1 game, and i know the Maples will be looking up at the Habs the standings by the end of the year - but this sucks.