Habs sign Joe Callahan

Habsfan24

I'm reading unconfirmed reports that we waived him right away. A depth signing for Hamilton I guess

Yep, he's on waivers and will be Hamilton bound if he clears. This is just a replacement for Woywitka...and a much needed one too as their defence looks simply awful right now.

Campo injury could be serious, has anyone heard any update?

Seems to be a hamstring, that's about the only consistent report I've seen. I also wouldn't think this signing had anything to do with Campoli, he's a Woywitka replacement for Hamilton and nothing more...we hope.

Hope you guys are right but red lights for me with how quiet this has been.

I have a bad feeling surgery required.

Usually when surgery is needed, it still takes a few days to know for sure while they get the battery of tests done. I don't suspect we'll get anything concrete either way (sprain, tear, rupture, etc) until the swelling goes down in a few days.

Last night reports were 3 weeks, but the Habs have confirmed nothing.

RDS says couple of months

means we need to either resign Mara... or call up Alex Henry

Why would we call up Henry, I think Diaz, Weber and Yemelin are all more nhl ready...

Henry played 3rd pairing minutes for the bulldogs at the end of last season.

He is so slow he makes Hal Gill look like a speedster.

He's a good leader for the AHL.... a good fighter down there.... but he's not an NHL defenceman.

I don't think there is anything in Hamilton that helps the Habs right now.

Team has to hope Mitera develops quickly, Callahan is better than expected, or St. Denis takes a huge step forward if they are looking to the farm for help.

The Hamilton D is very weak this year with the injury to Nash, and with Diaz making the Habs. Next year they will get Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren, and Pateryn though... so there is help on the way.

Henry played 3rd pairing minutes for the bulldogs at the end of last season.

He is so slow he makes Hal Gill look like a speedster.

He's a good leader for the AHL.... a good fighter down there.... but he's not an NHL defenceman.

I don't think there is anything in Hamilton that helps the Habs right now.

Team has to hope Mitera develops quickly, Callahan is better than expected, or St. Denis takes a huge step forward if they are looking to the farm for help.

The Hamilton D is very weak this year with the injury to Nash, and with Diaz making the Habs. Next year they will get Beaulieu, Tinordi, Nygren, and Pateryn though... so there is help on the way.

Exactly, Henry isn't an option for nhl call up, It'd sooner be Nash when he is back, Callahan or well... almost anyone else too be honest.

The only place I'd ever consider playing Henry, would be as a fourth line wing for 2 minutes a game, as your goon. Henry could fight with anyone.

If you decided you wanted a goon who can't play hockey.

And it would appear PG and JM decided that they don't want such a player, and i have no problem with that.

well thats the problem... Many are arguing against Diaz and Yemelin and even Weber for that matter (they are not ready)

Neither is Henry though as has been noted by a couple already. His days as an NHL'er are long gone, short of perhaps getting a call up to play 4 minutes as a tough guy (and as a forward). I know you're a Henry fan (I remember you giving us the scoop on his new deal last offseason) but his best days are clearly behind him.

At this point, the pecking order for callups is probably St. Denis, Callahan, Mitera, Henry, and Stejskal.

At this point, the pecking order for callups is probably St. Denis, Callahan, Mitera, Henry, and Stejskal.

Quick question... how long is Nash out for?

4-6 months for nash he had surgery in late september.

Basically the same surgery that eller and leblanc had at the end of last season.

Thats really bad timing for him, he improved a lot last season, I was hoping too see his development continue this year. We shall see.