Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Another 1 g 1a for Kristo last night. He's clearly a very streaky scorer.

A 3a night for Bournival.

1g 1a for Olivier Archambault

A 2 assist night for Beaulieu

Tinordi with an assist.

Gallagher with an assist, though he's in a bit of a slump, with 0 goals and 2 assists in his last 4 games.

Looking at Beaulieu's numbers, they're pretty impressive even when considering he's on a pretty stacked team. 23 points (7-16) in 26 games is really good for a defenceman. The stat on him that most caught me eye was 49 PIMS, good for 2nd on the team. He's only a pair of minors away from surpassing last year's total in half the games.

Bournival's 3 assist night actually doubles his assist total on the season. But he's still scoring at a goal-per-game clip.

Looking at Beaulieu's numbers, they're pretty impressive even when considering he's on a pretty stacked team. 23 points (7-16) in 26 games is really good for a defenceman. The stat on him that most caught me eye was 49 PIMS, good for 2nd on the team. He's only a pair of minors away from surpassing last year's total in half the games.

Bournival's 3 assist night actually doubles his assist total on the season. But he's still scoring at a goal-per-game clip.

Anyone know why he has been taking more pim's?

Anyone know why he has been taking more pim's?

He's got at least 3 fights in that total. so thats 15 minutes

He also got called for an instigator on one of those fights ( 2 + 10), plus a coincidental 2 minute roughing with the same guy later in the game.

So thats 29 of the PIMs right there.

Always nice when you can score a hat trick to get out of a slump that saw him get 4 points in 5 games before that. Why can't the Habs have slumps like that? :)

Amen

At 11:00 pm EST you can check out Dany Kristo and his UND team take on the University of Alaska - Anchorage.

http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/uaahockey.htm

Note this is an official stream run by the University of Alaska Anchorage, and not an illegal stream, so i hope this doesn't break any site rules.

At 11:00 pm EST you can check out Dany Kristo and his UND team take on the University of Alaska - Anchorage.

http://uaahockey.nmt...m/uaahockey.htm

Note this is an official stream run by the University of Alaska Anchorage, and not an illegal stream, so i hope this doesn't break any site rules.

Nope, that one is fine. Any stream from the originating content source is okay.

Steve Quailer with 3 assists tonight.... 10 pts in his last 5 games for our forgotten Power Forward prospect.

Bournival also had 2 assists.

Brendan Gallagher 1 goal 1 assist

Archambault 1 assist.

Good night for some of our prospects, with the Michigan Boys and Kristo playing in very late games in Alaska.

Watched Kristo's game

The Good.

- Great skater.

- Backchecks hard and effectively.

- Good wristshot with a quick release.

- Good hockey sense, and vision. Makes smart passes.

- When he was penalty killing he'd sometimes just take the puck and skate around with it, too fast for the opponent.

The Bad

- Too many times the puck was taken away from him with a stick check while he was handling it. Stick checked far too easily when he was trying to deke through people. Much more successful using his speed to beat people wide than on trying to deke through the dman.

- Would have liked to see him drive the net more and win more puck battles.

- Overshadowed by linemates.

- Seemed to float at times.

Overall wasn't as impressive as I hoped he would be... but it was one game and his team dominated. I've seen him play a lot, and I mean a lot better than he did tonight.

Mark MacMillan (2010 4th rounder) also plays for UND. He was the 2nd line centre in this game.

The Good

- Nifty passer, great play to get an assist in the first.

- Wins lots of faceoffs.

- Very good skater, not as good as Kristo though.

- Smart defensively, and plays well in his own end.

- Impressive the responsibility he's given as a freshman, ahead of fellow highly hyped guys like Rocco Grimaldi.

The Bad

- Still needs to get bigger and stronger. He's got good height but is really slender. Can be knocked off the puck due to that.

- Needs a quicker release and/or harder shot to be effective at the next level IMO.

===============

Outside of those two... Brock Nelson (Isles prospect) is very impressive. I'd love to get my hands on this kid somehow..

Bournival and Beaulieu going head to head tonight.

The each scored a goal, but Beaulieu gets bragging rights because his goal was the Overtime winner for St. John.

Jarred Tinordi gets an assist tonight.

and

Steve Quailer just keeps on scoring with the Game Winner tonight over ND.

2nd period thoughts.

Kristo scored a beauty that period, deked by the defenseman because of his speed, then cut to the net showed quick hands and roofed a forehand. Beauty.

Also added an assist.

We're seeing tonight the skill that has him one of the top forward prospects in the Habs system.

MacMillan, he just keeps consistently doing the good things I talked about... smart plays, wins faceoffs, good passing, etc...

And Brock Nelson just keeps making me drool.

Daniel Pribyl, our 6th rounder last draft, is on the preliminary list for the Czech World Junior team. There are 24 forwards on there though so he has a long way to go.

http://www.elitepros...m.php?team=1601

John Westin, a 7th rounder from the 2010 draft, did not make the final Swedish roster which will officially be unveiled tomorrow.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker