Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Has the proverbial light bulb finally gone on for Scott Kishel? He was the player drafted with the 7th round pick we got for Michael Leighton and until this season, he could barely crack the lineup most nights. Now the defenceman has 2-12-14 in only 17 games. He has to sign by mid-August.

Magnus Nygren, the 21 year old D drafted back in June, has slowed down considerably after a strong start to the season (I think he was a point-a-game player early on). He has 5-7-12 with a -8 in 30 games with Farjestad. In comparison, he had 4-11-15 and a -2 in 22 games at that same level last year.

The Czech WJC team appears to have made some cuts, Pribyl was not among them. According to that roster link from before, there are 27 left in camp including 15 forwards. He's got a shot at making this squad.

• 4 weeks later...

Morgan Ellis scored another goal and assist in his second game for Shawinigan. 5 pts in 2 games.

Olivier Archambault pulled a Gordie Howe hatrick.

Jarred Tinordi had an assist in his first game back in London.

Mac Bennett had an assist for Michigan.

Beaulieu with 2 assists in his first game back for St. John.

Gallagher with 2 goals 2 assists so far in his first game back with Vancouver (still 2nd period).

Dietz, Kishel and MacMillian with one goal each today.

Kristo, and Didier with an assist each today.

Gallagher's making up for lost time after being at the WJHC's it seems.

Despite still feeling ill, I made the trek up to Barrie last night to see London (particularly Tinordi). Here are my thoughts on his game:

- First, he's wiry thin for his size. As I wanted to get there before tickets sold out, I wound up being first in line to get in and I wound up seeing the London squad running the concourse to loosen up. It wasn't hard to spot Tinordi due to his size but he could stand to bulk up a lot.

- On the flip side, he's a pretty good skater out there, looked even better than he did in the preseason in that regard.

- Defensively, the best way I could sum it up is this. Almost every time Barrie attacked down his side of the ice, it wasn't long before the puck went the other way. There were a few times the Colts managed to get it through him and get a forecheck going but a lot less often that I'd have liked (as a Barrie fan).

- Physically, he wasn't particularly dominant. However, Barrie's not exactly a physical team so there weren't a whole lot of checks in the game. Tinordi more or less just pinned his guy to the boards and poked at the puck.

- In terms of offence, he led the rush a couple of times and didn't look too bad but it's easy to understand why he normally was content to make the quick pass ahead or put it to his D partner (not Harrington as he didn't make the trip). In the offensive zone, I'd have to think long and hard as to whether he actually touched the puck. Once the zone is gained, London rarely puts it back to the point which I think contributes to his really low offensive numbers.

All in all, I'd give him a solid B for the night. The game itself resembled more of an NHL game than a junior one, not a lot of wide open looks (aside from a couple of London breakaways in 20 seconds in the second). Barrie honoured all the players who suited up in the various Worlds tournaments (U-17, WJHC, and U-20 D1); between the teams, there were 11 players who played internationally last month. I will say this for anyone who wants to go to a Barrie game, the BMC lives up to its nickname ("library"). Despite there being a full house (even the lawnchair seats in the one section of the concourse were full), you could hear casual quiet conversations several sections over.

Here's a report on the game with a blurb about Tinordi: http://thehockeyguys.net/ohl-prospect-report-london-knights-vs-barrie-colts/

• Upvote 1

Bournival 1 goal 2 assists last night as Shawinigan beat St. Johns, meanwhile teammate Ellis' point streak ended.

Tonight

Bournival right back at it 2 goals 2 assists in Shawinigans win over PEI... and Ellis with 1 goal 1 assist

Kristo news.

The Good: Former Habs Scout, and current McKeen's Editor and TSN correspondent Grant McCagg on HF was saying that he's heard Kristo is going to turn pro at the end of the year

The Bad: Kristo was given a 5 minute major and Game Misconduct for a hit from behind tonight.

The Ugly: The video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_EYSOBZ5XXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gallagher apparently injured by a big open ice hit tonight.... MIA in the 2nd period.

The hitter... Patrick Holland.

DUN, DUN, DUN....

Edit: Gallagher done for the night.

Holland ended the night with 2 assists in an 11-4 win.

Gallagher apparently injured by a big open ice hit tonight.... MIA in the 2nd period.

The hitter... Patrick Holland.

DUN, DUN, DUN....

Edit: Gallagher done for the night.

Holland ended the night with 2 assists in an 11-4 win.

Clean hit?

On Gallagher

http://tvasports.ca/video/featured/les-plus-recentes/1115972522001/gallagher-frappe-par-holland-et-shinnimin/1391419180001#1390861398001

Seems there were two incidents

The first is a big hit by Holland.

The second was crashing into the boards on a drive to the net.

Officially he has an upper body injury and is being re-evaluated.

Our prospects are doing great this year. :thumbs_up:

Gallagher said to be out about a week.

Unconfirmed reports of a shoulder, but Hay and the giants will only say upper body and not concussion.

I saw the game and Gallagher slid on his ass backwards into boards, he looked in pain but not head injury i doubt. although Patrick Holland caught him with his head down and layed him out crossing the blueline, just before that, was a clean open ice hit, and Holland had another identical hit later on in game, which was super to see.

Holland is also on a 12 game point streak i think it is now, works the point on their PP and seemed good with puck, skating and average size. I think he should do well in Hamilton next year and role wil be a grinding hard working winger likely destined for 3rd liner status, but is still one of top players on top WHL team with few stars, so Flames did well for 7th rounder!

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker