Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Well they showed Julien was at last Windsor game and showed Bergy at this one and both must like what they saw from Addison and Sergachev so far.

Saw about 20 seconds of Sergachev today before I had to run out for an appointment. Looking forward to him making the big club.

I like Addison a lot but if he becomes anything it'll be Laval favourite.

Sergachev does stuff one shift that gets you hyped for him to be in the NHL and the next you hope he plays three seasons in the AHL to work it out. He's a bit frustrating like that. More than Scherbak was/is.

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I like Addison a lot but if he becomes anything it'll be Laval favourite.

Sergachev does stuff one shift that gets you hyped for him to be in the NHL and the next you hope he plays three seasons in the AHL to work it out. He's a bit frustrating like that. More than Scherbak was/is.

I thought he looked a little lazy in his own end. 

Guest Stogey24
9 hours ago, dlbalr said:

After getting the OHL nod, McNiven gets the CHL-wide title now.

If only this team's prospect pool was as deep at centre as it is goalie. 

7 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

If only this team's prospect pool was as deep at centre as it is goalie. 

Montreal has a long history of finding good to great goalies. It's a franchise quirk like Boston and defencemen or Pittsburgh and centres.

Montreal and centres... It's been ugly for the last 35 years. They just don't draft enough centres. They have a good record trading for them but that's it.  You'd think as an organization Montreal would be aggressive at drafting them but instead this team is aggressive on drafting defencemen and wingers.

17 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Windsor Wins

Sergachev makes the All-star team.

Best defenceman in the tourney easily for me. 

But good enough to make the Habs next season?

24 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

But good enough to make the Habs next season?

I believe he is. 

On the third pairing, don't expect top 4 (at least not to start).  But yes. 

He was better in this tournament than Provorov was in last year's tournament. 

He's light years better defensively than last year. 

He's very tough to beat one-on-one, and off the rush. 

He needs some work on his positioning and his play without the puck when teams are working the cycle though. 

His offensive game... shot, passing, skating, all of that... NHL level.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Commandant said:

Windsor Wins

Sergachev makes the All-star team.

Best defenceman in the tourney easily for me. 

Great news, his market value just went up as part of a trade to get a #1 center :lol:

2 hours ago, illWill said:

Great news, his market value just went up as part of a trade to get a #1 center :lol:

McCarron also made memorial cup all-star team, as have many no-names over the years, so pretty meaningless.

14 minutes ago, DON said:

McCarron also made memorial cup all-star team, as have many no-names over the years, so pretty meaningless.

A fair point, although sergachev and McCarron are clearly not the same tier of prospect.

Sergachev's skating alone makes him a better NHL prospect. McCarron was able to succeed in junior due to his strength, and skating being average to the league.

If McCarron can get his skating up one more notch he'll be a bottom 6er in the show with 2nd wave pp potential

10 hours ago, Meller93 said:

A fair point, although sergachev and McCarron are clearly not the same tier of prospect.

Sergachev's skating alone makes him a better NHL prospect. McCarron was able to succeed in junior due to his strength, and skating being average to the league.

If McCarron can get his skating up one more notch he'll be a bottom 6er in the show with 2nd wave pp potential

Sure, would be great to see McCarron gain 1/2 a step somehow and not really comparing Sergachev who looked solid and seems a lock to be a quality NHLer. Just seems were a lot of no-names on past mem cup all-stars, that's all.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Matt Bradley traded from Tigers to Pats last week. Will he go unsigned by Habs by Thursday?

It seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.  I don't think he's the type of player that a team would cough up a late round pick to secure the rights to either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker