Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Sportsnet did an OHL coaches poll for the top players in certain categories heading into the season.  Sergachev makes a few appearances on there, including getting more than half the votes for top d-man (over Olli Juolevi, the top defenceman picked at the draft).  Will Bitten got a couple of votes as well.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2016-17-pre-season-ohl-coaches-poll/

Not a huge return for him which is surprising - Flint gets a backup goalie, a young d-man, and a couple of 2nd round picks.  That may seem like a lot but the way picks are getting thrown around in deals now, I thought they'd get more for Bitten.

40 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not a huge return for him which is surprising - Flint gets a backup goalie, a young d-man, and a couple of 2nd round picks.  That may seem like a lot but the way picks are getting thrown around in deals now, I thought they'd get more for Bitten.

I'm just happy they got it done and Bitten won't be waiting half the season. I hope he rips up the OHL!

A couple of things that have popped in my head since the deal happened:

- Hamilton's coach is John Gruden, the same coach that Flint fired (twice) last season.  He gave Bitten a ton of ice time last year so he should this time around as well.

- Hamilton's owner (Michael Andlauer) is also a minority owner of the Habs.  Did the Canadiens management wield any influence in terms of getting this done?  The Bulldogs weren't really on the radar of teams supposedly interested in him.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎27 at 1:04 PM, dlbalr said:

Sportsnet did an OHL coaches poll for the top players in certain categories heading into the season.  Sergachev makes a few appearances on there, including getting more than half the votes for top d-man (over Olli Juolevi, the top defenceman picked at the draft).  Will Bitten got a couple of votes as well.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/2016-17-pre-season-ohl-coaches-poll/

Bitten (stickhandling), Addison (bodychecking), Mete (skating) highly ranked among coaches.

2 hours ago, DON said:

Bitten (stickhandling), Addison (bodychecking), Mete (skating) highly ranked among coaches.

Remember that they asked 20 coaches so 5% means one coach out of 20 voted for him. 10% means 2, etc.... 

Some of those are 5%, so I'm not sure what it means... was it just his own coach voting for him?  What if the coaches were asked to rank a top 5 and then given a 5-4-3-2-1 points system.  Would have been better IMO than just picking one with such a small sample. 

Michael Pezzetta got some good news and some bad news yesterday.  He was named a full-time alternate captain while also being suspended for 4 games.  (Although I think he got off light with the 4 games, that's actually good news as well.)

Will Bitten made his Bulldogs debut but was held off the scoresheet while Victor Mete picked up his second goal of the season.

Bradley had nice assist and points in all 5gms so far.

Juulsen gets empty net goal and 1a in 3-1 win and 1st game as captain.

Bourque gets 1a and has 8 assists in 5 gms.

Bourque gets his 1st goal and Mete had his 2nd (or 3rd?) goal (depends where you check).

McNivan pulled in 3rd period, after giving up 4g. Hawkey gets a W with 3g on 15shots.

Addison 1a for 5pts in 2gms.

Evans only got 1a in a 9-2 beat-down by Notre Dame.

Bradley & Juulsen both off scoresheet.

henrikson.jpg Has his 1st J20 pt with 1a.

And Mete does get his 3rd g (2nd period) and 6pts in 7gms

Bitten 2a in a loss vs Sudbury and this guypezzetta.jpghad 2g in the win.

Bourque 1a; 9a 10pts in 7 2/3gms

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker