Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Bournival scored his 21st goal of the season for Shawinigan last night. In only 22 games. WOW!

Tinordi scored his 1st of the year for the Knights... the Knights with an OT win over Owen Sound... Tinordi tied the game with about 1 minute left to play in the third period.

Dietz scored his 8th of the season for Saskatoon. Still putting up better numbers than Rangers first rounder Dylan McIlrath.

Dany Kristo had two assists for North Dakota.

I'll tell you this much, for those worried about Tinordi's lack of production offensively in junior, I wouldn't read too much into it. The way they run their offence means their blueliners don't put up much in the way of points. They don't have a 20 point defenceman which is rare in junior.

As for Dietz, he has an identical scoring line (8-19-27) as he did last year. The difference is, he reached that total in 20 fewer games this season.

Yes I was originally worried about Tinordi but I have watched some london games on tv and will be going to the game in Kingston next month.

I really like the way he plays.

I hope Mark Hunter is teaching the same book as Dale since he left for Washington.

From Grant McCagg, former Habs Scout, today on HF...

I just helped out Herb Zurkowsky with his profiles on the Habs for The Hockey News' Future Watch.

You'll be surprised by the rankings...let's just say they aren't exactly as the Habs' director of player development would list them...nor would Dan here at HF for that matter. :-)

I was talking to Trevor this aft..he's driving through a Vermont snowstorm on his way to see Quailer. Trevor said he\s been hearing that Quailer is playing quite well, so he's going to scout him to see if he might be ready for the pro game next season..or if he should go back for his last season.

Interesting that we might see Quailer in Hamilton next year.

Quailer is one of our more intriguing prospects, a Centre with size, and a power game. Timmins has previously said he compared favourably to Pacioretty (this was said before Quailer missed an entire year with his knee injury).

Still think hes a long shot, but if he ever worked out, it would solve a lot of Montreal's problems.

From Grant McCagg, former Habs Scout, today on HF...

Interesting that we might see Quailer in Hamilton next year.

Quailer is one of our more intriguing prospects, a Centre with size, and a power game. Timmins has previously said he compared favourably to Pacioretty (this was said before Quailer missed an entire year with his knee injury).

Still think hes a long shot, but if he ever worked out, it would solve a lot of Montreal's problems.

Quailer came to play.... 1 goal 2 assists in front of Timmins....

Montreal's 7th rounder from last draft, D Colin Sullivan, has withdrawn from his commitment to Yale beginning next season. It's not yet known whether he will be switching NCAA programs or will be moving to a CHL team for 2012-13.

Darren Dietz with 2 goals (9 on the season) in an 8-1 win.

Dietz topped his goals and points totals from last season in 19 less games.

Kristo with a goal and an assist for North Dakota tonight too. (4 pt weekend for him)

And

Brendan Gallagher with 1 goal so far tonight, in a game that is currently in the 2nd period.

Darren Dietz with 2 goals (9 on the season) in an 8-1 win.

Dietz topped his goals and points totals from last season in 19 less games.

Kristo with a goal and an assist for North Dakota tonight too. (4 pt weekend for him)

And

Brendan Gallagher with 1 goal so far tonight, in a game that is currently in the 2nd period.

Watched Patrick Holland play vs Dumba/ Red Deer, That Dumba is quite a d-man, he scored 2 goals; but 1 was in last minutes of game to tie and next was in first minute of OT for win, i know the Habs dont need a d-man, but you couldnt pass on him unless you had a very top pick.

Holland was 3rd star of game without a point. Commentators said he might be best skater in WHL after he rushed puck end to end several times and was all over the ice all game, blocking shots and backchecking. He kind of reminded me of Eller's play.

Kristo's play seems OK, but does not really stand out (like a Gallagher/Holland do), but he is producing, wouldnt be a bad idea for him to maybe stay 1 more year in NCAA?

Mark MacMillan is doing fine as freshman and he is on both the PP and PK for North Dakota, hopefully next year he can up his production?

Bournival and Ellis are both doing great and look forward to seeing them play in memorial Cup in May.

I definetely agree that Dumba is a great prospect. I think if all the best forwards are gone, and he fell to you, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I'm kinda hoping the guys like Dumba and Murray and Trouba are gonna be the reason that Galchenyuk will be available for Montreal, but who knows.

Nice to hear about Holland..... I really want to get a look at this kid myself.

As for Kristo, I think he's done all he can in the NCAA in three years there... time to move up to Hamilton and see if he can handle the next level and play 80 games a year instead of 40.

MacMillan is a very smart player, I like him, he's one who should stay in NCAA though, he needs to put on muscle and the lower schedule is actually a benefit for a guy like him who needs the time in the weight room before playing against men in th AHL.

I love Bournival and Ellis too. Excited for their playoff runs, and to see them in Hamilton next year.

Nathan Beaulieu 2 assists in a 3-2 Shootout win.

8 goals 24 assists 32 points in 38 games.

Michael Bournival 1 goal 2 assists in an 8-1 win

23 goals 18 assists 41 points in 25 games.

Gallagher 1 goal 1assist

30 goals 28 assists 58 points in 35 games.

Patrick Holland 2 assists in a 4-1 win

20 goals 49 assists 69 points in 50 games.

Steve Quailer sprained MCL/ACL... out 3-4 weeks... suffered last week.

Another injury to Quailer. That could raise some red flags for the organization when discussing the pros/cons of signing him. Seems he's hurt every year. The fact it's another knee one will only provide a little more reason for pause.

Jarred Tinordi is tied for first overall in +/- in the OHL this year. He now sits at +31 in 33 games.

I made a comment in another thread about Tinordi going to AHL next year, is this true haha I wasn't sure :P

Yep, he'll be there.

Probably,, but the way he's played this year and with the Habs need of another big and physical D, what do you do if he has an outstanding training camp? Not saying its likely, in fact I put things at less than a 5% chance, but who knows....

Probably,, but the way he's played this year and with the Habs need of another big and physical D, what do you do if he has an outstanding training camp? Not saying its likely, in fact I put things at less than a 5% chance, but who knows....

It'd take one heckuva great training camp for him to make it. He's still pretty raw and needs to bulk up, I would think the Habs would want to exercise caution after seeing the early growing pains of youngsters like Subban and Weber in recent years. He's a different styled defenceman but I'd have to think some concerns would still be there.

It'd take one heckuva great training camp for him to make it. He's still pretty raw and needs to bulk up, I would think the Habs would want to exercise caution after seeing the early growing pains of youngsters like Subban and Weber in recent years. He's a different styled defenceman but I'd have to think some concerns would still be there.

Oh for sure, thats why I put the chances so low.... but they'd be zero if he wasn't having such a great season in London, and if the Habs weren't having such a poor one.

Still its a real long shot.

Oh for sure, thats why I put the chances so low.... but they'd be zero if he wasn't having such a great season in London, and if the Habs weren't having such a poor one.

Still its a real long shot.

i think Tinordi will start in AHL, but will get some injury call up games.

I expect he will add some strength this summer and no way you can compare him to Weber/Subban's development i dont think, he is a defensive d-man with the reach of a Gill, but much quicker.

Sure he will lose some battles along the boards for a couple years and get turned inside out by some fast forwards, but killing penalties and clearing the crease is where he will shine and easily fill Gill's role. And he will add some of what Yemelin has brought to the table and Subban has lately with his big hits.

But still will spend most of year in Hamilton and play a ton of minutes i hope.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker