Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

The last player being Todd Robinson, who was a dominant WHLer but too small to make the NHL.

That is the fear i have for Gallagher, but not Holland who is average size and seems destined to make it as a 3rd/4th line winger, time will tell.

Saw Dietz play last night, he went end to end and put a wrister top corner, not a Coffey-type rush by any stretch nor tough competition, but still good to see he has some puck skills at least and also got tossed for fighting near end of game.

That is the fear i have for Gallagher, but not Holland who is average size and seems destined to make it as a 3rd/4th line winger, time will tell.

Saw Dietz play last night, he went end to end and put a wrister top corner, not a Coffey-type rush by any stretch nor tough competition, but still good to see he has some puck skills at least and also got tossed for fighting near end of game.

The league has changed a lot since the 90's. Gallagher may not have made it then... but he very well could make it post lockout.

The league has changed a lot since the 90's. Gallagher may not have made it then... but he very well could make it post lockout.

i have seen Gallagher play plenty and he is a top player almost every game, causing shit around the net, running oveer goalies and shooting from everywhere and i hope he can be a point/game guy in AHL (like Desharnais) and through his tenacity and nose for the net, make the jump and be a producer for the Habs. But will need to wait and see how he does next fall and hope he is not a Cory Locke type.

Yup he's a graduating senior

So are we saying that he needs to be signed or needs to be qualified? It would strike as being pretty weird if a graduating senior can just decline a qualifying offer and become a UFA.

So are we saying that he needs to be signed or needs to be qualified? It would strike as being pretty weird if a graduating senior can just decline a qualifying offer and become a UFA.

He would be

4 years post draft you become a ufa if you are out of college and never sign a deal.

Compare this to an OHL kid... drafted and hold his rights for two years.... if not signed goes back into draft; if drafted again and still not signed ufa in 2 years.

The rule gives some power back to players and if a Lindros situation happens again prevents the team from holding him forever

The idea is that players can bypass 4 years of pay if they really want to be ufas.

i have seen Gallagher play plenty and he is a top player almost every game, causing shit around the net, running oveer goalies and shooting from everywhere and i hope he can be a point/game guy in AHL (like Desharnais) and through his tenacity and nose for the net, make the jump and be a producer for the Habs. But will need to wait and see how he does next fall and hope he is not a Cory Locke type.

Corey Locke was small and a mediocre skater. That was his biggest issue.

Gallagher is a great skater, Fleury kind of tenacity. I expect him to be a lot like a young Cammalleri.

Kristo 1g 1a

MacMillan 1a

North Dakota advances to their conference semi-final where they face Minnesota

Josiah Didier's Denver team also advanced to the WCHA semi-final where they face Minnesota-Duluth (last year's natl champ) and fellow Hab prospect Scott Kishel.

The UND - Minny game will be tape delayed to the Score at 4:30pm tomorrow.

The final will air live on the score and is guaranteed to feature at least one Habs prospect as its Didier vs Kishel in the other semi final.

Corey Locke was small and a mediocre skater. That was his biggest issue.

Gallagher is a great skater, Fleury kind of tenacity. I expect him to be a lot like a young Cammalleri.

A young Cammalleri? you have got to be joking, one thing Gallagher isnt, is a gutless floater with a huge ego (sorry i just have developed a strong unliking for that player over past 2 seasons).

But i guess like Cammalleri, he is a shooter/sniper and good around the net, but Gallagher has balls, unlike the Tyrell Owens of hockey.

I see Gallagher as more Gionta or Fleury like than Cammalleri like as well.

i think Gallagher has mentioned St.Louis as an inspiration, but Gionta i think is more like him and if all goes well, he will have similar #s. But i dont htink he can be near as good as Fleury, who was over point/game in NHL, so no slight there, but Gallagher does have his "fiestyness".

I will likely check out some of his game tonight after Habs game. He is always entertaining and non-stop on every shift, and is like Ovechkin used to be and shoots from anywhere and often.

More a style comparison, then a numbers comparison.  Its too much to expect Gallagher to put up HHOF numbers like Fleury. I was more saying how Gallagher has the non-stop motor that those guys have, the fiestiness, the battle to get to the front of the net, the ability to get under people's skin, and the fact that he can be used in all situations PP and PK. Those are things Cammalleri never had. And I like Cammalleri a lot still.

More a style comparison, then a numbers comparison. Its too much to expect Gallagher to put up HHOF numbers like Fleury. I was more saying how Gallagher has the non-stop motor that those guys have, the fiestiness, the battle to get to the front of the net, the ability to get under people's skin, and the fact that he can be used in all situations PP and PK. Those are things Cammalleri never had. And I like Cammalleri a lot still.

I dont disagree on Gallagher one bit;

on Cammalleri though?, i watch a few Flame games and there he is every shift, floating coasting till gets puck and gives it away if anyone challanges him, wont go near a corner nor fight for a puck, etc etc.

I have said before, i would stop criticizing him if he produced, but he didnt for past 2 years and i was one happy camper when he got yanked in that game and was gonzo. With both he and Spacek gone, i am Gauthier's biggest fan.

North Dakota falls behind 3-0 to Minnesota

Gets it to 3-1 by the end of the 2nd

Explodes for 5 goals in the third and wins 6-3 advancing to the WCHA Championship

Kristo and MacMillan 1 assist each

Michigan - Bowling Green is in OT

In the QMJHL

1 goal 2 assists for Bournival

1 assist for Ellis

Michigan wins in OT and will play Western Michigan in the CCHA final

Darren Dietz plays as 1 of only 4 Saskatoon defenceman dressed, goes over 30 minutes and gets 2 assists in a 5-3 win.

Patrick Holland adds another assist to his totals

Brendan Gallagher adds another goal to his totals.

Michigan loses 3-2 in final but will be a #1 seed in their region for the frozen four tourney (clinched #2 in country with win yesterday)

North Dakota up 4-0 in the final.  They will also be a #1 regional seed (#3 in country with this win)

1g 1a for MacMillan, incredible playoff for this kid

Three straight WCHA Championships for Kristo

Denver (Didier) and UMD (Kishel) will also make the tourney

WHL playoffs

#4 Vancouver (Gallagher) vs #5 Spokane

#1 Tri City (Holland) vs #8 Seattle or Everett (TBD today, If Seattle wins vs Portland they are in, if they lose Everett is in)

OHL

#1 London (Tinordi) vs #8 Windsor

QMJHL

TBD

Northeast Regional (Worchester, MA)

No. 1 Boston College vs 4 Air Force

2 Minnesota-Duluth (Kishel) vs 3 Maine

West Regional (St. Paul, MN)

No. 1 North Dakota (Kristo, MacMillan) vs 4 Western Michigan

2 Minnesota vs 3 Boston

East Regional (Bridgeport, CT)

No. 1 Union vs 4 Michigan State