Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

This week's CHL Friday night game is Cape Breton vs Saint John (Beaulieu). That makes it what, 6 straight weeks we've been able to see Montreal prospects play?

Yup, 6 weeks, and it's gonna stop there cause next friday is game #5 of Belleville vs Ottawa.

Well, the Saint John-Cape Breton game is a bit of a snoozer at this point, it's 12-4 Sea Dogs in the 3rd. Beaulieu scored the 12th goal, has a couple assists, and a game high +5 rating. Shawinigan is up 6-1 in the 3rd, Ellis has 2 goals, Bournival a pair of assists.

Well, the Saint John-Cape Breton game is a bit of a snoozer at this point, it's 12-4 Sea Dogs in the 3rd. Beaulieu scored the 12th goal, has a couple assists, and a game high +5 rating. Shawinigan is up 6-1 in the 3rd, Ellis has 2 goals, Bournival a pair of assists.

Damn... poor capebreton!

Cody Ceci is a nice defence prospect too for Ottawa, while Brendan Gaunce is a forward to watch for Belleville. Both in the 8-15 range so probably not guys for us.

Watched Kamloops game and that Swiss guy, Tim Bozon had hat trick; he is slotted right around where Habs should have 2nd pick 33rd-35th. He is also up for WHL rookie of year, would be another quality choice.

And of course Gallagher and Holland has a few assists each.

So Pateryn could play a few games with Bulldogs if signed and chose to?

Maxim Trunev's KHL contract is up the end of April, already has 151 KHL games under his belt and is only 21, i wonder if he might be looking to give North America a try? A surprise signing maybe, he could take Avtsin's spot?

So Pateryn could play a few games with Bulldogs if signed and chose to?

Maxim Trunev's KHL contract is up the end of April, already has 151 KHL games under his belt and is only 21, i wonder if he might be looking to give North America a try? A surprise signing maybe, he could take Avtsin's spot?

Yep, Pateryn could be signed and play immediately...and with the beyond ugly status of their blueline right now (Henry, Mitera, Stejskal, Dame-Malka, FitzGerald, Fast, Hendrixx) they could really use him.

As for Trunev, he already has spurned North America once; he was a high draft pick in the CHL Import Draft and opted to stay at home. Considering he already is in the KHL, I'd have to think he'd be getting a lot more money than the standard ~$65,000 an entry-level AHL'er gets. I'm sure the Habs will make their overtures to try to sign him but I'd guess the odds are low.

Yep, Pateryn could be signed and play immediately...and with the beyond ugly status of their blueline right now (Henry, Mitera, Stejskal, Dame-Malka, FitzGerald, Fast, Hendrixx) they could really use him.

Of these guys, how many are done at the end of the season?

Of these guys, how many are done at the end of the season?

I think Stejskal and Nash are the only guys signed for next year, but I'm not 100% sure. I think Henry might get an offer, and St.Denis will be qualified, but the rest I doubt it.

I think Stejskal and Nash are the only guys signed for next year, but I'm not 100% sure. I think Henry might get an offer, and St.Denis will be qualified, but the rest I doubt it.

So... our d-line for next season in Hamilton could be...

St.Dennis-Nash

Tinordi-Beaulieu

Patryn-Ellis??

Stejskal

Or something like that?

Stejskal is signed and he's the only one. Nash is an RFA, his entry level deal was only for 2 years. At this point, it may be a toss up as to whether he's qualified depending on the severity of the injury. I haven't brushed up on my UFA-VI stuff but generally at 25, most minor leaguers can become UFA's though his limited pro experience may delay that; I'll have to take a closer look at some point.

So... our d-line for next season in Hamilton could be...

St.Dennis-Nash

Tinordi-Beaulieu

Patryn-Ellis??

Stejskal

Or something like that?

Nash, Tinordi, Beaulieu, all play LeftD; St. Denis can play both, Ellis and Pateryn are Right D.

Nash, Tinordi, Beaulieu, all play LeftD; St. Denis can play both, Ellis and Pateryn are Right D.

But those would be the players in the line up?

What's going on with Mac Bennett?

only a sophomore, I strongly suspect he goes back to school because of the number of D coming this season.

But those would be the players in the line up?

I would guess so, but henry might be brought back for experience.

In WHL playoffs

Gallagher 2g 2a last night (7pts in 2 games) puts Vancouver up 2-0 in series.

Holland 1g 1a last night (4pts in 2 games) puts TriCity up 2-0 in their series.

Dietz (1a in gm 1) is down 0-2 in his series.

True, I was curious about his progress.

He has 21 points in 41 games with U of Michigan, second in D scoring for the team.

Great Progress, in addition to this he played with Pateryn all season on the #1 shutdown pair, and despite the frozen four upset (1 game) Michigan was one of the best teams all year (and you know it pains me to say that).  The upset in OT is one of those things that happen in a system with one and done eliminations. Without Pateryn and Bennett making great plays (diving to keep the puck in by Pateryn pass to Bennett who took the shot) the game wouldnt have reached OT, not their fault at all for the loss.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker