Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Brock Nelson just signed with the Isles.

All the UND fans on twitter think this means that Kristo is next.

This would be great news for Mark MacMillan as well as he'll have a shot at being on the first line next year.

Early indications are that Gallagher will not report to the Bulldogs this season.

Brendan Gallagher aurait pu rejoindre les Bulldogs (il le souhaitait) mais la direction du Canadien l'a avisé qu'elle ne le rappellerait pas

Habs/Bulldogs told Gallagher they won't recall him

http://twitter.com/#!/MAGodin/status/187286218537570304

Habs/Bulldogs told Gallagher they won't recall him

http://twitter.com/#...286218537570304

The young man has suffered a concussion this year. The way he plays, some time off will be good for him. I guess that he needs some more muscle on his frame before next season. Summer time will be a good time for him to work in the gym.

The 2nd round gets underway in junior today. Holland (Tri-City) takes on Spokane, Ellis/Bournival (Shawinigan) take on Chicoutimi, Beaulieu (Saint John) takes on Baie-Comeau, while Tinordi (London) takes on upstart Saginaw who took out Yakupov and company in the 1st round. The Sportsnet Friday game of the week doesn't feature any of these teams...but they are showing Barrie tonight so I'll be getting out my Colt jersey tonight. :)

One other prospect note, Magnus Nygren has 2 goals in 8 games so far in the SEL playoffs.

Shawinigan tied 1-1 with Chicoutimi

1 assist for Bournival in the series

2 goals for Ellis in the series

St. John up 2-0 on Baie Comeau with two absolute blowouts again.

3 assists for Beaulieu in the series

London 1-1 with Saginaw

1 goal for Tinordi in the series

TriCity 1-1 with Spokane

Holland 2 assists in the series.

Where the hell did Morgan Ellis come from?

I keep hearing so much about him. Hamilton D is going to look amazing soon.

Being on a top team instead of a bottom feeder has really pushed him to the forefront. He's a player I've been keeping close tabs on, I jumped him 14 spots (from 27 to 13) in my preseason prospect rankings. I'd say he has a legit shot at cracking the top-10 (although I can't say for certain as the top-10 is voted on) next season.

Where the hell did Morgan Ellis come from?

I keep hearing so much about him.  Hamilton D is going to look amazing soon.

Drafted in the 4th round, the pick we made before Brendan Gallagher. He's always been good but was stuck on a crappy team in Cape Breton so no one noticed him. Many Q analysts said he should have got an invitation to the WJC try out camp. He was always a great defensive D, and a decent offensive guy, but once he was put on a good team his offence exploded. Another Trevor Timmins fourth round steal. This is why we MUST keep Timmins.

In bad news London lost game 3 5-2 to Saginaw yesterday putting them down 2-1 in the series, and Tinordi rolled his ankle badly and left the game. No word on how bad his injury is.

St. John sweeps their series and advances to the QMJHL semifinal.

TriCity won despite Holland being held off the score sheet and lead their series 2-1

Jarred Tinordi with 1 assist and a +4 as the Knights win 5-2 to tie their series 2-2. I guess the ankle is fine.

Shawinigan loses 2-1 as Chicoutimi ties the series at 2-2.  Both our prospects held off the scoreboard.

Tinordi with a goal and an assist as the Knights win game 6 and the series. He has 5 pts in 10 playoff games.

Holland with a goal and 2 assists as Tri City took game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead.

Good to see our boys coming up clutch.

Holland was held off the scoresheet but TriCity won game 7, 3-2 to advance.

Will be 2 pretty even battles in semi- finals, Portland is a pretty stacked team and Moose Jaw has one friggin big set of d-men, larger than any NHL team i would even guess.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker