Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Oh really? Now they are doing non-Friday Night Hockey game?

Yeah, Its on all 4 regular Sportsnet channels (East, Ontario, West, Pacific) at 7pm EDT.

They didn't have a Friday game so maybe this is a replacement for it. Or maybe they are doing a couple more games now that we're in the conference final stage, who knows?

Beaulieu with 1 assist, St. John wins again.

Tinordi assists on the GWG in the last minute of the third. London wins 6-4 (added an ENG).

Both teams lead 2-0

Holland's 1 line team just coming up a bit short vs a deeper Portland team, but 5 points in 2 games, he is doing his part.

Tinordi looked very good, even doing the Hal Gill special when killing 5-on-3.

His skating is good enough for junior, but for sure something he will need to improve over summer and in AHL. But he seems like a nice big smart defender and he handles puck better than many big guys do.

Holland's 1 line team just coming up a bit short vs a deeper Portland team, but 5 points in 2 games, he is doing his part.

Tinordi looked very good, even doing the Hal Gill special when killing 5-on-3.

His skating is good enough for junior, but for sure something he will need to improve over summer and in AHL. But he seems like a nice big smart defender and he handles puck better than many big guys do.

Don't forget that Zdeno Chara did not look that great when he first came up with the Senators. You have to be patient with those very big athletes.

Don't forget that Zdeno Chara did not look that great when he first came up with the Senators. You have to be patient with those very big athletes.

i watched Chara play junior in the WHL, he was very rough and like he is today, not one prone to initiate trouble, but was still a freak, in a good way.

And he was just another example of why Mike Milbury is doing TV and not in hockey, as he traded him away to Sens (who i guess you might say were just as dumb in trading him to Bruins, but all in hindsight is easy to criticize).

I commented that Tinordi looked very good and all i said was his skating needs improvement (which goes for 80-90% of junior players).

But you are correct in being patient, for sure, I am just hoping for him to make the jump ASAP.

i watched Chara play junior in the WHL, he was very rough and like he is today, not one prone to initiate trouble, but was still a freak, in a good way.

And he was just another example of why Mike Milbury is doing TV and not in hockey, as he traded him away to Sens (who i guess you might say were just as dumb in trading him to Bruins, but all in hindsight is easy to criticize).

I commented that Tinordi looked very good and all i said was his skating needs improvement (which goes for 80-90% of junior players).

But you are correct in being patient, for sure, I am just hoping for him to make the jump ASAP.

Ottawa didn't trade Chara. They wanted to keep him but both he and Redden were UFAs in 2006 and Chara unlike Redden refused to give Ottawa any home town discount.

Ottawa didn't trade Chara. They wanted to keep him but both he and Redden were UFAs in 2006 and Chara unlike Redden refused to give Ottawa any home town discount.

Redden didn't give much of a discount either.

Muckler was forced to choose between the two due to cap space and choose Redden.

Anyhow, the guy played on two teams before he became a star with the Bruins. Obviously neither the Islanders nor the Senators evaluated the situation correctly. I don't believe that Tinordi has such potential, but he certainly shows a lot of promise.

Anyhow, the guy played on two teams before he became a star with the Bruins. Obviously neither the Islanders nor the Senators evaluated the situation correctly. I don't believe that Tinordi has such potential, but he certainly shows a lot of promise.

I would also toss Glen Sather in there, he offered Redden huge money and he is now the highest ever paid AHL player.

Chara also had good genetics, both parants were world class athletes and Chara didnt even take up hockey till relatively late (if i remember correctly), Tinordi's old man was a solid defensive d-man who could fight.

So we shouldnt expect a Chara/Pronger/Blake type d-man, but more a better skating,shooting, puck handling and tougher Hal Gill.

Danny Kristo announces he's staying in school.

Montreal offered him a contract but he wants one more kick at the NCAA title.

Is this unusual for NCAA guy to be offered contract and turn it down?

Is just maybe finishing school and possible NCAA title likely all there is too this?

Not doing the above and also, maybe at suggestion of his agent (are they allowed to have? "family consultant" maybe?) that to hold out, he could have some sort of bidding war next year and also may not be sold on Habs and would maybe prefer to stay and play for USA based team??

Is this unusual for NCAA guy to be offered contract and turn it down?

Is just maybe finishing school and possible NCAA title likely all there is too this?

Not doing the above and also, maybe at suggestion of his agent (are they allowed to have? "family consultant" maybe?) that to hold out, he could have some sort of bidding war next year and also may not be sold on Habs and would maybe prefer to stay and play for USA based team??

I wouldn't say it's a regular occurrence but not unusual either. Some legitimately want to finish their degrees, others just enjoy the college atmosphere. As for agents, they're not allowed but family consultants (who may very well be an agent) can advise players. If Kristo wanted, he could have got a bidding war going this offseason as it has been 4 years since he was drafted. The belief is the Habs are okay with this which is interesting as I figured they'd for sure want him signed.

As Brian points out, If Kristo intention was to spurn the Habs, and play for another team, he could easily do that this summer, without going back to school. And start the bidding war now.

This is all about wanting to stay in school and nothing about rejecting Montreal.

It seems he wants the NCAA title. I think he's said he grew up a Fighting Sioux fan more than an NHL fan.

As Brian points out, If Kristo intention was to spurn the Habs, and play for another team, he could easily do that this summer, without going back to school. And start the bidding war now.

This is all about wanting to stay in school and nothing about rejecting Montreal.

It seems he wants the NCAA title. I think he's said he grew up a Fighting Sioux fan more than an NHL fan.

thanks, i am still not sold that he will be that good a NHLer anyways (i know he was team MVP, had OK numbers and some are fairly high on him), but was looking forward to see how he stacked up vs pros and suiting up next to Bournival, Holland and Gallagher this coming fall.

Oh well next year.

I wouldn't say it's a regular occurrence but not unusual either. Some legitimately want to finish their degrees, others just enjoy the college atmosphere. As for agents, they're not allowed but family consultants (who may very well be an agent) can advise players. If Kristo wanted, he could have got a bidding war going this offseason as it has been 4 years since he was drafted. The belief is the Habs are okay with this which is interesting as I figured they'd for sure want him signed.

I'd bet he didn't want to drop out in order to become a UFA and start the bidding war. Would he not be susceptible to a standard entry-level deal like Blake Wheeler? Can't remember if Brunnstrom had to go through that (he got 2 mil, right?) but might be different circumstances not being drafted or coming through the NCAA. Meh, maybe he gets 1st rounder-like monies and bonuses..

I'd bet he didn't want to drop out in order to become a UFA and start the bidding war. Would he not be susceptible to a standard entry-level deal like Blake Wheeler? Can't remember if Brunnstrom had to go through that (he got 2 mil, right?) but might be different circumstances not being drafted or coming through the NCAA. Meh, maybe he gets 1st rounder-like monies and bonuses..

Entry-level is entry-level, doesn't matter where the player comes from whether it's overseas, the NCAA, or the CHL. Kristo will be on an entry-level deal next year no matter what...unless he isn't playing.

Easy to forget, but Kristo is 21 years old right now. He's not exactly old.

He is not exactly old, as you wrote, and he probably was even younger in his head if we can judge by the few «incidents» he was involved in earlier in college. Let's hope that he will have matured physically and mentally when the Habs will sign him.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker