Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Dogs win 8-0 and seal their spot in the Memorial Cup.

For those who want to see if Jarred Tinordi and the London Knights can do the same, at home, in game 5 tomorrow night... its Friday Night Hockey on Sportsnet.

Should be a good game for us to check out with no NHL action.

Dogs win 8-0 and seal their spot in the Memorial Cup.

For those who want to see if Jarred Tinordi and the London Knights can do the same, at home, in game 5 tomorrow night... its Friday Night Hockey on Sportsnet.

Should be a good game for us to check out with no NHL action.

The WHL game was another exciting one, why are the junior playoffs that much more exciting than NHL trap games?

Players don't have the maturity to play as disciplined a defensive game in junior, there is more opportunities to make mistakes, even in defensive systems.

Yes, sorry; was kind of retorical and should of said too bad the NHL games cant be as entertaining.

Even the 8-0 game was better to watch than NY vs Caps grinding it out and dumping it in the corner over and over. Pitt- Philly was only good (fun to watch) match-up i have seen.

Maybe they do need to make goalie equipment even smaller (as it was in 80s) or some other tweek?

Beaulieu had an OK-good game, couple assists i think and flashs of his top-end talent; but still leaves guys wide open in own end/front of net and was lucky Rimouski totally forgot to show up. He will learn next year in AHL i imagine.

I definetely agree with Don that Junior is a more exciting brand of hockey right now due to the more scoring. How you get that into the NHL without changing the game? I don't know.

As for results tonight, Tinordi and the Knights win.

We've got 4 prospects (on 3 teams) in the Mem Cup now. This is gonna be fun.

Look at the quality of some junior goalies. Look at their depth. A top line goes out against a few goons and theres a goal. Whats so exciting about that? I watch junior whenever its on and have seen a few Mooseheads games live... but I have never found it half as interesting as hockey. I seem to be a strange breed of hockey fan that totally loves a die hard, shot blocking, low scoring trap kinda game with one or two breakout plays!

Look at the quality of some junior goalies. Look at their depth. A top line goes out against a few goons and theres a goal. Whats so exciting about that? I watch junior whenever its on and have seen a few Mooseheads games live... but I have never found it half as interesting as hockey. I seem to be a strange breed of hockey fan that totally loves a die hard, shot blocking, low scoring trap kinda game with one or two breakout plays!

I started watching in 80s and still love the wide open, fast, hard hitting, higher scoring game, to a soccer match-up. The WHL finals was just that for all 7 games and made for very exciting and entertaining hockey.

I would say start with goaltending equipment, ignore the goalies whining and make it sensible size. Is an easiest of fixs.

Maybe do as the NBA has and institute a defensive zone penalty for trap and collapse around the net defensive system.

Try and have more objective Referring, who arnt total puppets of Bettman and GMs. Call the same hooking penalty in pre-season as is called in last 5 minutes of game 7 of finals, it is done in every other professional sports league, who, unlike the NHL, actually have some integrity.

There is a reason the World juniors draw every Candian Hockey Fanatic to watch every X-mas. Even a final without the Candians was a super game to watch. And the memorial cup shouldnt be any different.

The NHL season should be ending right around now, not June. I hope Phoenix wins cup, but summer is here. Go Blue Jays!

The NHL season should be ending right around now, not June. I hope Phoenix wins cup, but summer is here. Go Blue Jays!

I know this is forum is about Non-Bulldog Prospects and I'm not trying to nitpick but I was just curious why you want a shorter season? Or would you want best of 5 series or something?

I know this is forum is about Non-Bulldog Prospects and I'm not trying to nitpick but I was just curious why you want a shorter season? Or would you want best of 5 series or something?

Would love to have opening round 5 game series, would be sweet and done in NBA (or used to be) but hell will freeze over first.

How bout back to back games in every series (bring in conditioning as a bigger factor), oh again dosent fit with maximizing TV revenue, so another no go.

Scrap more exibition games, start earlier.

Summer Hockey is just wrong in many ways, i am only saying chop off 2 weeks is all.

It would be very easy to speed it up, but it all comes down to $$ (and to a minor part, schedullin issues).

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if there is any word on Danny Kristo for the upcoming season? Isn't he done in the NCAA now? Wasn't there a chance of us losing his rights? Just wondering as I haven't read anything.

Just wondering if there is any word on Danny Kristo for the upcoming season? Isn't he done in the NCAA now? Wasn't there a chance of us losing his rights? Just wondering as I haven't read anything.

We're not going to lose his rights but he wants to win a championship so he's playing in the NCAA another year. His team doesn't have a great chance but he's showing passion and commitment to his team. I consider that better than a guy who just wants to make the NHL as fast as possible for the money.

He's going back to North Dakota to finish his NCAA career. From there he can sign with the Habs/Bulldogs or wait and test his luck as a free agent.

Good choice! That means he should be signed before the season ends and maybe even join the 'dogs late season? I really thought he was done school last year. Better pay more attention. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Both Collberg and Nystrom are on Sweden's roster for a 4-Nations junior tournament later this month.

http://hockeysverige...ornas-nya-trupp

good that Nystrom was invited. Nice to see Pribyl had a 2 goal game in euro trophy tourny and Archambault had good 1st game.

Pribyl, Nygren, Dietz, Thrower, Archambault, Kristo, Bennett?, and Nystrom? all should be headed to Hamilton next fall eh.

good that Nystrom was invited. Nice to see Pribyl had a 2 goal game in euro trophy tourny and Archambault had good 1st game.

Pribyl, Nygren, Dietz, Thrower, Archambault, Kristo, Bennett?, and Nystrom? all should be headed to Hamilton next fall eh.

Fall of 2013? Pretty good chance.

Fall of 2013 looks good for Pribyl, Nygren, Dietz, Archambault, and Kristo.

Nystrom they might let sit in Sweden for 2 years.

Collberg is a possibility in 2013 as well.

Bennett could be 2013, but could also finish school and be 2014.

Thrower is likely 2013, but could also do an overage season if there isn't room for him.

Walsh, Cichy, and Macmillan are also possibles, or 2014s depending how they do.

He ain't, he will turn pro next season even if he gets 20 only in December (like Beaulieu this season)

As a late 1993 birhtday, he CAN turn pro next season. No guarantees, and he wouldn't be the first drafted kid to play an overage season. I agree its unlikely but its still possible.

It will depend on how much room there is for him in Hamilton though. We already have 4 rookie D there this year. Add to them Dietz, Thrower, Bennett, Nygren, and one or two d might get held back due to numbers.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker