Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

As a late 1993 birhtday, he CAN turn pro next season. No guarantees, and he wouldn't be the first drafted kid to play an overage season. I agree its unlikely but its still possible.

It will depend on how much room there is for him in Hamilton though. We already have 4 rookie D there this year. Add to them Dietz, Thrower, Bennett, Nygren, and one or two d might get held back due to numbers.

Or go play for the Nailers.

• 2 weeks later...

Collberg now has 4 goals in 3 games with Sweden sweeping all 3 games.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1252355&page=2

For a U20 team he has scored; but, he has zero points in 5 games in SEL.

So he dominates his peers but still must be fighting for icetime in mens league. I think the Sens cursed the SEL club which Zibinijad played for last year because he never had much ice, so he had little chance to develop much?

Magnus Nygren is starting out well again this year, with 3 goals in first 7 games, now if only his defensive play could improve a bit so he isnt a Swedish version of MAB.

Nystrom not lighting it up quite yet.

For a U20 team he has scored; but, he has zero points in 5 games in SEL.

So he dominates his peers but still must be fighting for icetime in mens league. I think the Sens cursed the SEL club which Zibinijad played for last year because he never had much ice, so he had little chance to develop much?

From what I've read, he's a been a 4th liner/13th forward which would hinder his scoring chances.

From what I've read, he's a been a 4th liner/13th forward which would hinder his scoring chances.

I have heard the same. Its unfortunate cause this could be a bit of a lost year development wise if he doesn't move up the lineup.

Collberg has now been relegated to 13th forward status. This means there's a good chance he won't even see more than a shift or two per game (barring injury). Before anyone asks, he cannot come over to play in the CHL this year.

OK, i will be the dumbass, can he do an Avtsin and play Hamilton, or just too young?

So he should end in Swedish junior (U20) team sooner or later eh?

OK, i will be the dumbass, can he do an Avtsin and play Hamilton, or just too young?

So he should end in Swedish junior (U20) team sooner or later eh?

He can join Hamilton as an 'underager' although he'd have to receive permission from his club team to transfer to the Habs first. At this point I'd be happy with him going to the junior league to get some ice time while waiting for an injury to hit Frolunda, freeing up a spot in their top-12. They actually only dressed 12 forwards today (there was a late scratch) so he at least got to play a little over 6 minutes.

Collberg is beginning to air his frustrations publicly with regards to his lack of playing time. He once again is expected to dress but not play in their game today. http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.expressen.se%2Fsport%2Fhockey%2Felitserien%2Ftrott-collberg-far-inte-forklaring-fran-kenta%2F (Translated Swedish article)

Would he get any more playing time in Hamilton?

Hard to say, really. I don't think he would simply because of the current depth there coupled with his age. Our best hope really is either him going back to the junior division or getting loaned out to another team.

Collberg got to play today as a result of someone else getting injured in the game. He played 8:18 and picked up an assist, his first career SEL point.

Hudon is off to a good start in the QMJHL with 3 points in his first 2 games including a goal this afternoon.

Bozon started his season right with a game 1 hat trick.

He scored the 4th-6th goals in a 6-5 win ( including the OT winner)

Lets hope this is a start to an excellent year for the kid.

:wavetowel: BoZo :wavetowel: BoZo :wavetowel: BoZo!!!

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker