Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

"Kings add 2nd NHL drafted defenseman to their roster this year. Sullivan-BC/Montreal now, Boyle-Union/Ottawa September."

https://twitter.com/SouthShoreKings/status/391636627644485632

Seeing that this Tim Boyle guy joined the higher division, I'd assume Sullivan will too.

Also, that USPHL league, it's brand new, but other leagues merged with it, one of them is the EJHL, you probably seen that before, a couple of late rounders at the draft were getting picked from there.

It would make sense that he plays in the higher league. Good to know about the league in general though.

I forget, did we let Dustin Walsh go? What's going on with him?

He was let go in August.

Vail had this type of hot start last year, it'll be interesting to see if he can maintain the offensive pace longer this time around.

My guess is he will do much better, but he should as a 19/20 year old anyways, he supposedly looked good in Hamilton last spring, so I just don't know what should be expected from him when he turns pro?

Dalton Thrower seems back to his 2011-2012 form and why many think he was a very solid 2nd round pick.

Another 2 assists and took on a 6'6" 220lber, so he is not shy to take on those in a different weight class like Prust does; not that it is the smartest thing to do, but "grit" is a good character trait.

Plus/minus is very dependent on how bad Windsor was last year, as well as the fact they had Vail spend several weeks on defence due to injuries.

Still even if Windsor is a bit better this year, they are not winning the OHL title, so in many ways it doesn't make sense to keep a guy who won't be back next year when you can get younger guys and load up for a run in 2015 or 2016

As a fourth year guy in the OHL, its pretty likely that he'll be dealt if Windsor doesn't feel this is their year. Happens all the time in the CHL.

Especially since they didn't make him captain. Everyone saw him as the next captain of the team and they gave it to Rychel instead. It was a way of saying he wasn't in their plans.

Reway had another 3 point game, 10 points in last 5 games and Gregoire chipped in another goal and 7th in Q scoring.

Thrower with GWG, now just 1 goal shy of last years' total (6) and on better pace than his 18 goal 11-12 season, great to see;

whereas Bozon has struggled with new team and coach demoted him to 4th line for a bit to try and light a fire under his ass and commentators said Kootenay coach had "he has a lot to learn, needs to play the right way" type comments, so not good sign (but only been 3 games).

Bozon was pretty invisible in yesterdays game and he was -2 on Red Deer 3 goals.

Seems been a while, but at least 1 Scandinavian prospect scored, de la Rose got 3rd goal.

Fucale (numbers wise) has sucked last couple games and now with.894 save% for season (but respectable W-L and GAA).

McCarron has gone 8 straight games without a point.

He's playing through a separated shoulder so I'm not as concerned about that as I'd be had he been healthy.

Speaking of concerning top prospects, Collberg has found himself relegated to 4th line/13th forward duties once again. That's not good.

He's playing through a separated shoulder so I'm not as concerned about that as I'd be had he been healthy.

Speaking of concerning top prospects, Collberg has found himself relegated to 4th line/13th forward duties once again. That's not good.

So even with a different coach, no difference this year eh? Is it a deep forward group, or he simply isn't performing well enough?

Here's a reason to be concerned.

Of all the forwards who played in the CHL, and scored 30 goals and/or 60 points in a season in the NHL

Since 1996-97, only 3 have scored less than 1.2 PPG in the year after they were drafted. They are Jeff Carter (who was very close at 1.16 PPG), Milan lucic and James Neal.

Basically if a forward is going to be an impact offensive guy in the NHL, he better be scoring in Junior.... if not he's got about a 1% chance of being an impact forward.

A 40 point guy who couldn't average 1.20 PPG the year after drafted? Less than 10% of guys.... Drop that to 1.0 PPG and we're talking less than 5%

That concerns me. He wasn't scoring even at the start of the year.

Add to that the offensive concerns I had before we took him, and I'm starting to get worried we took a 4th liner, 3rd liner at best.

Here's a reason to be concerned.

Of all the forwards who played in the CHL, and scored 30 goals and/or 60 points in a season in the NHL

Since 1996-97, only 3 have scored less than 1.2 PPG in the year after they were drafted. They are Jeff Carter (who was very close at 1.16 PPG), Milan lucic and James Neal.

Basically if a forward is going to be an impact offensive guy in the NHL, he better be scoring in Junior.... if not he's got about a 1% chance of being an impact forward.

A 40 point guy who couldn't average 1.20 PPG the year after drafted? Less than 10% of guys.... Drop that to 1.0 PPG and we're talking less than 5%

That concerns me. He wasn't scoring even at the start of the year.

Add to that the offensive concerns I had before we took him, and I'm starting to get worried we took a 4th liner, 3rd liner at best.

If he is a bust, shouldn't be a big surprise and I still think the pick was more in response to media-fans-Bergevin that he was chosen (by size) than Timmins first option? But was a swing for the fences and maybe was (or could be) worth the risk?

I still would of taken skill in Petan, Klimchuk or even a mix in Erne and also Oliver Bjorkstrand over Crisp, but at least Crisp seems to be doing fine.

Who knows both may turn out fine, Collberg at 174th in SEL scoring is more of a surprise? At least de la Rose is hitting/blocking shots and bit of offense.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker