Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Addison took a hard hit in that game and missed a few shifts as well.

Reway returned from his concussion yesterday, a positive sign considering it wasn't long ago that the thought was he may be done for the year.

McNiven got an easy win yesterday - he only faced 15 shots and his team scored 10.

Oh oh! Lehkonen only played 5:22 today, sick or more likely injured.

Vejdemo 1a 14:49 today, 16pts in 49gms

2-0 Tigers start of 2nd and Bradley has his 21st & 1a.

Lehkonen didn't play today, habsprospects noted "he was rocked last game." ?injury

Reway also didn't play today, not sure if concussion related or some other reason?

Addison has 1a, in 3rd period; pts in five straight games.

I caught McNiven's game in Barrie last night. Suffice it to say, it was not his finest effort. He was fighting the puck all night and had some issues handling it too. He did make one nice play with the puck on his stick; after sprawling across the ice to keep the puck from going in the trapezoid, he fired a nice 100ft pass to the Barrie blueline to try to catch the Colts on a change.

Owen Sound is a very well-coached team (unlike Barrie whose 'system' is fly the defensive zone 50 times a game and try to score off the rush). They're probably going down in the first round this year but I can see them making some noise next season which will coincide with McNiven's likely final OHL campaign.

Are you hinting, Dale Hawerchuk was much much better player than a coach?

That would be an understatement. Winnipeg will be in for quite a shock when they eventually wind up hiring him for their NHL job as the tactics he uses in Barrie won't work at the pro level.

Heard him interviewed yesterday(?), asked about plans on moving up to pro and he basically said he just wanted to focus on winning a Mem Cup at the moment.

Barrie's coach had a good gameplan for McNivan & OS, for today at least!

Blew em out 8-1 and McNivan pulled after 3g on 14 shots, but 14 shots in less than 6minutes of the 1st.

Addison with 2a, 12pts in last 8gms.

He could be an interesting late-season addition for St. John's if Ottawa goes out in the first round in the OHL playoffs. Addison is eligible to play down there next year so I'm sure they'd want to give him a look (and he certainly couldn't be worse than some of the players they're throwing out there).

Tough night for the college prospect as Evans, Koberstein, and Sullivan (who naturally didn't play) all lost their playoff games. Unless they make the final tournament (Notre Dame might, I doubt the others do), their seasons are done.

Lehkonen assisted on only goal in 2-1 loss and series tied 1-1 vs Djurgardens.

But he had 2g last game, 1a today, but only played 11+minutes? Still bit injured or just got short shifted today?

Lehkonen assisted on only goal in 2-1 loss and series tied 1-1 vs Djurgardens.

But he had 2g last game, 1a today, but only played 11+minutes? Still bit injured or just got short shifted today?

I think he has been dropped down the depth chart a bit. I guess with it being playoff time, the veterans are getting the benefit of the doubt and the extra playoff time.

Lehkonen 1a and GWG in 18minutes of icetime in game 4 of series, 7pts in 4 gms :thumbs_up:

With the way he has played this year and the fact he has suited up before for the national team at the WJC's, I wonder if he'll get a shot at trying out for the World Championship team. That would be a nice way to cap off his season.

With the way he has played this year and the fact he has suited up before for the national team at the WJC's, I wonder if he'll get a shot at trying out for the World Championship team. That would be a nice way to cap off his season.

He was part of the national team on their Euro Tour earlier in the year as well.

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker