Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

12 hours ago, Commandant said:

I don't see any cuts

Where are you seeing this. 

I thought he just didn't play today cause they are rotating the squad to see everyone. 

Going but what dlbalr noted earlier.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎01 at 5:41 PM, dlbalr said:

Poehling had an assist and three shots in an 8-2 crushing of Canada White.  Fortunately, the two Montreal prospects are in the nightcap (1-0 Canada after 2).

Based on the scheduling, both Canada and the US will make cuts as they drop down to one team each before Wednesday's games.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

There were no cuts from canada yesterday though.  It didnt happen.

good, do you think Mete has good shot, looking at LH d-men they have at camp? Quite early I know, but.

Yes, it was my mistake.  The US made cuts (Poehling wasn't among them) but Canada didn't.  The players that didn't play yesterday will likely play Friday and then some combination of the two will play on Saturday.

15 hours ago, DON said:

good, do you think Mete has good shot, looking at LH d-men they have at camp? Quite early I know, but.

Yes.

It will be between him and makar at minimum for the role of leading the pp. And moving the puck.

Its also possible they keep both

• dlbalr changed the title to Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Mete had a nice assist on a 5-on-3 PP but didn't have a great game overall.  To be fair, most of the defencemen didn't.  Bitten wasn't particularly noticeable out there although he didn't have a lot of ice time.  I thought he had a better game against Finland on Wednesday.

I haven't seen much of the US-Finland game today but Poehling has assisted on all three US goals so far.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Mete had a nice assist on a 5-on-3 PP but didn't have a great game overall.  To be fair, most of the defencemen didn't.  Bitten wasn't particularly noticeable out there although he didn't have a lot of ice time.  I thought he had a better game against Finland on Wednesday.

I haven't seen much of the US-Finland game today but Poehling has assisted on all three US goals so far.

4-2 USA win Poehling with the 3a and Ikonen 1a

Poehling 5a in 4gms...but only 6 shots in the 4 games.

Edited by DON
add stat

That snipe in the top corner on the PP was a thing of beauty, reminded me of Kovalev's vintage snipes from the other side. Kid certainly has high end ability to some of his game that is for sure.

Poehling gets 1g 1a, Mete 1a somehow and looked pretty shaky to me, in tiny bit I saw him out there.

Ikonen & Poehling tied 4th in pts with 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The OHL's exhibition schedule gets underway tonight and Victor Mete picked up London's first goal of the preseason.

Joni Ikonen played in his first Champions League game yesterday after missing the first couple due to illness.  He was held off the scoresheet but was on their second line.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎08 at 7:03 AM, dlbalr said:

The Finnish league kicks off its regular season today and Ikonen is listed as the first line centre for the opener.

slow start for the kid after couple  games

Fleury had a strong preseason game last night with two goals and an assist.  He'll be interesting to follow this season as he's eligible to go to Laval next year despite just being drafted.  Pezzetta had a goal and an assist in his game as well.  Ikonen was off the scoresheet once again while playing a little under 14 minutes.

17 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Fleury had a strong preseason game last night with two goals and an assist.  He'll be interesting to follow this season as he's eligible to go to Laval next year despite just being drafted.  Pezzetta had a goal and an assist in his game as well.  Ikonen was off the scoresheet once again while playing a little under 14 minutes.

Fleury's 40 second post-game interview here.

http://whl.ca/article/whl-roundup-ice-bring-the-storm-to-hurricanes-in-friday-rout

With his release and shots on that Hat trick Ikonen had this summer and moving to a lesser league, I had hoped to hear Ikonen would have consistent and solid production. Really early of course but hope he can start burying a few.

You don't hold any real hope for Pezzetta do you? other than maybe AHLer eh?