Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Last year, Poehling had 13 points in 35 games.  This year, he has 13 in only 11 games (although just three goals so far).

Bitten had a three-point night after collecting just three points over the previous seven games. 

Hawkey had a dreadful game (allowing five goals on ten shots before getting yanked) while Primeau allowed four in a 4-1 loss.  On the plus side, he has picked up a few starts lately and may be the current #1 starter which, as a freshman, is pretty good.

Hawkey gets a shutout in the semi-final of the Friendship Tour tournament that's being held in Ireland.  He received the Man of the Match award.  He'll take on Clarkson tomorrow for the title.

On a side note, if you thought rinks in Sweden, Russia, Switzerland, etc had a lot of ads, they pale in comparison to an Irish rink.  I counted 28 on-ice ads (11 in each offensive zone and six in the neutral zone).

Bob's take on USA juniors;

"The top offensive line is potentially projected to be Ottawa Senators (2016) first-rounder Logan Brown between Edmonton Oiler (2017) first-rounder Kailer Yamamoto and Buffalo Sabre (2017) first rounder Casey Mittelstadt. That trio would bring impressive extremes of size, skill and speed. Mittelstadt plays in the middle at the University of Minnesota but is viewed as a left winger for Team USA.

There appears to be the prospect of considerable strength down the middle.

Beyond Brown, strong contenders to lock down roster spots include Montreal Canadien (2017) first- rounder Ryan Poehling; Boston Bruin (2016) first-rounder Trent Frederic and San Jose Shark (2017) first-rounder Josh Norris. Now, it’s important to note that any of these three centers could end shifting to the wing if needed, but if Team USA opts to go with them in the middle it looks to be a strong group."

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

The Spengler is being used as a tryout for Canada's Olympic team so it appears Evans has made their radar.

I swear, if he doesn't sign with Montreal this spring, I will voice my displeasure on the internet! And I'll use a really angry-looking font!

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

He seems to be turning a corner 

Gotta hope so and love to see him rip it up at world juniors. At WJ summer camp he snapped off some wicked shots for goals.

Poehling 1g (5) 16pts in 13gms.

Evans blanked  28pts in 19gms

Tyszka had 3a; 19pts in 28gms

Walford 2a,       16pts in 30gms

Brook 1a,               4pts in 6gms

Fleury 1a,          17pts in 27gms 

Hawkey W 2g 20shots in 2/3game, 10-6-0 2.49 .911%

Ikonen 0pts 17:11; 6pts in 30gms (Finn League)

Its Josh Brook, our second rounder last year. 

He started the season injured, but he has looked fantastic since returning.  Dominant in both ends of the ice. 

It is early, but that start is really encouraging. 

13 hours ago, Trizzak said:

tenor.gif

Just seeing if anyone would notice.

Another RH d-man, 56th pick, had 40pts in 69games last year.

His team Moose Jaw is ranked 2nd in CHL, #1 in WHL so who knows may see him in the Memorial cup