Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, DON said:

2 more points (2a) yesterday, 8pts in 8games for Joshua Brook

Prospect guy Mitch Brown said on a podcast recently that if Brook hadn't been injured this season he probably would have gotten a look at the WJ's.

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

Prospect guy Mitch Brown said on a podcast recently that if Brook hadn't been injured this season he probably would have gotten a look at the WJ's.

I think so too (I'm not sure he'd have made it but I think he'd have got a look). 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Really eh. Well that's great to hear. SO hopefully its world juniors next year for him and mem. cup run this spring.

my only caution is its 8 games, which is really small of a sample, but he's been great. 

Lukas Vejdemo signs a one-year extension to stay in Sweden.  I posted a link on the site the other day where he said his preference would be to stay in Sweden over playing in the AHL.  I was hoping he'd wait to do this and maybe actually join Laval for a couple of weeks late in their season so that the team could get a better idea of his potential readiness.

World Junior pre-games;

9-0 vs Czech and Mete manages to not get a point.

Poehling sat out yesterday.

Hopefully Ikonen lights up the Swiss today and shows he can produce vs his peers.

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Pezzetta picked up two assists in his second game with Sarnia last night.  Josh Brook was held off the scoresheet but was +4, moving him to a ridiculous +31 in just 17 games (with 16 points). 

Both college goalies picked up wins as well while Poehling picked up his first point since returning from the WJCs.

On 1/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, dlbalr said:

Casey Staum has been placed on IR with an undisclosed injury.  So far, that decision to stay for a second post-draft year in the USHL has not worked out well as he has still been a depth player in Dubuque.

I was gonna ask what was happening with what's left of the Brandon prust trade...

how did he fair this last training camp? Not better than fair i can imagine as i didnt even remember his name when i looked him up

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Will bitten hat trick.

36 points in his last 24.

I have to think he's progressing towards a contract.  Maybe they're just waiting until March 1st (when contracts starting in 2018-19 can be signed) to make a deal official.