Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

How come you didn't post on Monday when Bitten scored and the Bulldogs won?

I did?

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎13 at 5:55 PM, dlbalr said:

And with that, the Joel Bouchard speculation is sure to really heat up now...

Head coach for Rocket and/or some other Mgmt capacity?

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Head coach for Rocket and/or some other Mgmt capacity?

Thats the question of the hour. 

There is a lot of smoke he will be hired, its a question of what position imo. 

23 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats the question of the hour. 

There is a lot of smoke he will be hired, its a question of what position imo. 

Got a guess...if rumours true he is moving on from team he built?

6 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

For Laval or Montreal?

A GM of an AHL team should be an AGM for the NHL team. 

Most of the players on the AHL team are going to be guys acquired by the NHL team. 

The AHL GM (on its own) isn't really a scouting/evaluation role, its mostly doing paperwork for call-ups and guys getting sent down.  It is only when paired with being an assistant GM for the NHL team, does it actually have a hockey scouting/evaluation component to it. 

The AHL GM doesn't get credit for how good, or blame for how bad the AHL team is... most of those players are on two-way deals signed by the NHL GM.  Heck even AHL only deals are often going to be based on the evaluation of the NHL personnel.  So I would want him to have some say in the way the entire org is run. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

A GM of an AHL team should be an AGM for the NHL team. 

Most of the players on the AHL team are going to be guys acquired by the NHL team. 

The AHL GM (on its own) isn't really a scouting/evaluation role, its mostly doing paperwork for call-ups and guys getting sent down.  It is only when paired with being an assistant GM for the NHL team, does it actually have a hockey scouting/evaluation component to it. 

The AHL GM doesn't get credit for how good, or blame for how bad the AHL team is... most of those players are on two-way deals signed by the NHL GM.  Heck even AHL only deals are often going to be based on the evaluation of the NHL personnel.  So I would want him to have some say in the way the entire org is run. 

I figured you meant NHL level. Seems like coaches are more often groomed at the AHL level whereas management positions tend to be dealing with the entire organization in supporting roles 

22 minutes ago, Commandant said:

1 pm news conference for the Armada

Have they already had an end of playoff presser or is this it? If not I wonder if Bouchard has an announcement to make?

1 hour ago, Meller93 said:

Have they already had an end of playoff presser or is this it? If not I wonder if Bouchard has an announcement to make?

Sounds like the end of playoff presser, but not sure if they have more announcements on Bouchard's future 

Cale Fleury gets in as host team, Regina Pats. Had nice 51pt 68game season and good improvement over draft year. Is he injured?

Will be nice to see Bitten play, all I remember is that he can really skate well, smallish and shifty.

http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/gamecentre/498/preview

these two play each other Friday 7pm EST, should be on Sportsnet.

I've never really viewed his situation as a 'loophole' (it's not as if it extends the waiver window) but I'd like to see Fleury signed.  Laval needs defensive help next season and it's going to be hard enough to integrate the other three 2017 defencemen (Brook, Walford, and Tyzska) into the lineup in 2019-20 so if they can get Fleury in there now, they should do so.

Seems Fleury likes to toss the body around like Juulsen. Just missed on couple attempts at big open ice hits vs Hamilton.

6 hours ago, DON said:

Seems Fleury likes to toss the body around like Juulsen. Just missed on couple attempts at big open ice hits vs Hamilton.

From the little that I saw him play, he seemed to have decent potential. Is he close in joining  Laval?