Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

46 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Wow- that is a horrible translation by google!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alex Romanov played in the season opener for CSKA Moscow.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that he played just 7:40, by far the lowest of anyone on the team.  While some are saying that it's great he made the KHL team already, part of me thinks it would be better if he was cut and sent to a VHL/MHL team where he'd get a lot more playing time.

Agreed.  Hes 18.

Look at it this way.  The khl is at least as good and probably better than the ahl 

Cska is one of the best and deepest khl teams.

We dont see 18 year old d succeed in the ahl... even guys like liljegren who have a way higher pedigree struggled.

If romanov goes vhl (which is still playing against men) its good development for him

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

People said that sakic shouldnt have held duchene so long and he was losing value there.  He didnt.

Better to wait for the right deal than the wrong one

I know this is the wrong thread, but Duchene wasn't a rental. 

Sometimes when you wait too long, the only deal you can make is the wrong one. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

People said that sakic shouldnt have held duchene so long and he was losing value there.  He didnt.

There’s a difference between what teams will give up for a centre vs a winger.  

You also have to factor in that Sakic got really lucky that there was a GM dumb enough and so fixated on Duchane, that he was willing to give up a kings ransom, for basically a lateral move.  I’ve said before, Dorian and MB are  two of the dumbest  GM’s in the business.  Dorian got delusional with the success the Sens has the previous year and now will really pay for it and will probably either lose his uocoming core tonfeee agency, or get under market returns for Karlsson, Stone and Duschane.

Unlesss Melynyk dies sells the team in the next few months, Karlsson will be gone one way or the other.   Dorian will probably either get lousy returns for Stone and Duchane, or have to pay them way over market to stay. The Sens will probably be the worst team in the league and if they win the draft lottery, Sakic is going to look like Sam pollack securing Guy Lafleur. 

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

Nobody thought at the time he was waiting out one stupid GM (Dorion) because without him he wasn't getting half of what he got. 

First thing Dorion did as a GM was tell Sakic he was interested in Duchene. You wait on a mark like that. Bergevin doesn't have a mark with Pacioretty.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎02 at 6:04 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

There’s a difference between what teams will give up for a centre vs a winger.  

You also have to factor in that Sakic got really lucky that there was a GM dumb enough and so fixated on Duchane, that he was willing to give up a kings ransom, for basically a lateral move.  I’ve said before, Dorian and MB are  two of the dumbest  GM’s in the business.  Dorian got delusional with the success the Sens has the previous year and now will really pay for it and will probably either lose his uocoming core tonfeee agency, or get under market returns for Karlsson, Stone and Duschane.

Unlesss Melynyk dies sells the team in the next few months, Karlsson will be gone one way or the other.   Dorian will probably either get lousy returns for Stone and Duchane, or have to pay them way over market to stay. The Sens will probably be the worst team in the league and if they win the draft lottery, Sakic is going to look like Sam pollack securing Guy Lafleur. 

Man... Enough is enough,  I swear that from now on,  I will kill a kitten everytime you write  Dorian instead of Dorion.

7 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Man... Enough is enough,  I swear that from now on,  I will kill a kitten everytime you write  Dorian instead of Dorion.

Poor innocent lil kitties...

Romanov played today...stats showed all of 2:07 iceime? 

Maybe sick or got injured?

8 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

I have to admit, I went looking through the HWL archive for that cat playing with yarn smiley that used to get posted every so often...couldn't find it though.

17 minutes ago, DON said:

Romanov played today...stats showed all of 2:07 iceime? 

Maybe sick or got injured?

Nope.  They were trailing so they shortened their bench and Romanov as the number seven lost his shot at ice time.

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎04 at 6:23 PM, dlbalr said:

Nope.  They were trailing so they shortened their bench and Romanov as the number seven lost his shot at ice time.

Well, he had 4:27 icetime today...better but seems a waste of time to not be in a lesser league with a regular shift.

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Arvid Henrikson won't play in Sweden this season - he has joined Des Moines of the USHL.  That's not really going to affect his status as a prospect (non-existent) but if anyone's wondering, that's where he's playing.

They allowed the most goals in the west last season so he could have his work cut out for him. 2nd worst team in the league.

Nice, Suzuki the ninja