Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Ylonen 1a, 3pts in last 2 games

12:37, 4g 6pts in 16gms

1a McShane, losing 2-1 in 3rd

Suzuki gets goals #9 & 10 both on PP, start of 3rd period up 3-1

1 hour ago, Habopotamus said:

Addison on waivers? 

For the purposes of terminating his contract. 

Sounds similar to former Habs prospect Simon Bourque in Winnipeg... a mutual agreement between the team and the player, cause the player realizes his pro career is going nowhere and wants to go get an education and play canadian university hockey. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

For the purposes of terminating his contract. 

Sounds similar to former Habs prospect Simon Bourque in Winnipeg... a mutual agreement between the team and the player, cause the player realizes his pro career is going nowhere and wants to go get an education and play canadian university hockey. 

I always thought Addison had a bit of potential. Too bad

Teasdale 1a in 2-1 loss

Suzuki 1a (0/1 in so) in 6-5 SO loss

Primeau 4g 29shot 4-1 loss

Brook 2a 2nd star of game,  in 5-1 win, now 6th in WHL d-scoring.

http://whl.ca/video/highlights-ice-1-at-warriors-5

Edited by DON
add video, Brook had numerous smart plays

Suzuki 2g (12,13) 3rd star in 5-2 loss. 10th in OHL scoring.

Teasdale 2g (8,9) 1a, 3rd star in 3-1 win. 24th in Q-scoring.

Brook, Romanov & Walford may play tomorrow 7:00 on Sportsnet when WHL vs Russians.

Some thoughts on Game 1 of the CAN/RUS series:

- Brook played a ton.  He had a couple of hiccups with the puck but in his defence, he had the puck a lot.

- Walford was steady but didn't see a ton of action as he was on the third pairing.  I can't see him having a shot at a WJC spot.

- Romanov had an eventful game.  He coughed it up in his own zone once leading to a breakaway but had some decent rushes as well.  They noted on the broadcast that in practices, he has been a bit of a rover.  Based solely on last night, that would be an appropriate description.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Some thoughts on Game 1 of the CAN/RUS series:

- Brook played a ton.  He had a couple of hiccups with the puck but in his defence, he had the puck a lot.

- Walford was steady but didn't see a ton of action as he was on the third pairing.  I can't see him having a shot at a WJC spot.

- Romanov had an eventful game.  He coughed it up in his own zone once leading to a breakaway but had some decent rushes as well.  They noted on the broadcast that in practices, he has been a bit of a rover.  Based solely on last night, that would an appropriate description.

Thanks for the update

Romanov is the player I wanted to know a bit more about. 

Romanov has played very defensive hockey in the KHL with CSKA, and done well at it. 

I don't mind if he plays a bit riskier more offensive game for this tournament and the world juniors to get some development in those aspects of his game. 

• Upvote 1

Romanov likes to toss big hits, can see why they compare him to Emelin (i think more a Kasparaitis, just in size anyways).

Brook again handled puck like a granade and maybe was trying to do too much, the first game he looked like his skates were dull. But still had 5 shots in the two games, Romanov had 4 shots.

Walford is a good sized defensive d-man, from what I saw, he didnt stand out one way or other.

Poehling 2a in 4-3 win; 3g 10pts in 9 gms

Poehling played vs 7th rounder(190th pick) Brett Stapley, who had 1g1a and now has 2g 7pts in 7 gms, 4pts in last 3 games (seems pretty good start to season jumping from BCHL to NCAA).

Primeau 2g 24 shots; 5-3-1, 2.54, 0.911

• Like 1