Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Officially, Suzuki, Brook, Poehling, and Primeau have all been confirmed as participating at the World Juniors.  I don't think the official rosters for Sweden, Finland, and Russia are out yet to lock in the other three.

Update: Sweden's is out and Olofsson officially makes their squad.

Romanov has survived the next round of cuts but Russia still sits at 25 players on their roster.  It appears their final cuts won't be made until sometime during the tournament.  We'll find out when they register their partial roster as to whether he's on the team for sure or on the bubble.

Joel Teasdale was dealt to Rouyn-Noranda yesterday and had a pair of points in his debut with the team.  Nick Suzuki scored in what could be his final game in Owen Sound as it's widely expected that he'll be on the move as well.

Arvid Henrikson has been dropped by his USHL team and he'll finish up the season in the NAHL. 

Cole Fonstad with 1g 2a last night.  He is now back over a PPG with 41 in 40 games

He has 26 points in his last 16 games

Brett Stapley (our 2018 7th rounder) with an assist last night... 13 points in 16 games as a freshman for Denver

Allan McShane 2 goals today. He has 32 points in 34 games. McShane is on a 7 game point streak, with 12 points in that stretch

10 hours ago, DON said:

Suzuki to Guelph

Normally, I'm happy that prospects are getting a shot at a Memorial Cup but unlikely as it was, I was hoping he'd stay in Owen Sound where he had a shot at some franchise records and get eliminated early, paving the way for him to join Laval (or Montreal if they wanted) down the stretch.

5 hours ago, Commandant said:

Suzuki 1g 1a in his first game with Guelph

McShane 2g2a to get over a ppg on the season. Now 36 points in 35 games.

Suzuki 1st star of game also.

6 hours ago, Commandant said:

McShane 2g2a to get over a ppg on the season. Now 36 points in 35 games.

As long as he didn't get injured in that game, I'll be seeing him live tomorrow night.  He's on a nice little run as of late.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, dlbalr said:

As long as he didn't get injured in that game, I'll be seeing him live tomorrow night.  He's on a nice little run as of late.

So McShane was held off the scoresheet last night in a game that was a lot closer than I thought it was going to be.  He was on their top line with Anthony Salinitri (PHI) and Serron Noel (FLA), a line that also was in place for PP1 and he also saw a bit of PK duty (second or third wave).  He had three pretty good scoring chances - two were good stops from the Barrie goalie and he whiffed on the third one (and boy, did Oshawa whiff on a lot of quality chances). 

The book on him is that he's not a great skater and that he doesn't always move his feet.  These are both accurate based on his play last night.  He watched the puck a bit too much for my liking and most of it came at the offensive end.  If he had the puck, things were good but if a linemate had it, he'd hang around the perimeter and just watch his wingers go to work instead of trying to free himself or hang around the net.

In the end, McShane had a decent game but didn't really stand out too much either way. 

In terms of draft eligibles, Ryan Suzuki's a quality prospect but I'm not sure I'd have him top-10 as some do.  I think he's a nice second line option down the road but I can't see him being a top liner.  Nando Eggenberger impressed as well - he was a surprise non-draft player last year but I could see someone taking him this time around - good skater, good size, decent offensive instincts.  Danil Antropov's going to probably be a mid-round pick - not a great skater but he makes good decisions.  Mitchell Brewer's on the CSS watch list but I didn't notice him much last night.  (So are Luke Bignell and Nathan Allensen from Barrie but neither of them should be drafted.)

Suzuki had four assists yesterday to give him eight points in three games since the trade.  That gets his point per game average back above his number from last season as well.

Teasdale had a pair of points to give him seven in four games since he was dealt.

Walford's on a decent run offensively as of late - a goal yesterday gives him five points in the last four games.  More efforts like this will help his chances of getting an ELC from the Habs (I think he's on the borderline of whether or not he gets a deal as things stand).

42 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

So Romonov is on contract for a couple seasons.  Is Bergevin allowed to talk to him over the next two years?  I'd hate to see him re up with the khl for more money. 

There is nothing stopping the Habs from talking to him.  There is no "tampering" if an NHL team contacts a KHL player or vice-versa.