Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Not sure what is going on, if he's not finding chemistry in the new team, or if he's playing with some sort of injury, but something is happening there. 

He's still talented enough that I'm not too worried about it. 

39 minutes ago, Habopotamus said:

You guys know more about prospects than me, but you'd think he would at least be holding pace from last season. 

He was better than last year's pace before the last 17 games.  

I'm not sure whats happened there but he doesn't look the same as he did in Owen sound, or even in his first 4 or 5 games in guelph.

18 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Not sure what is going on, if he's not finding chemistry in the new team, or if he's playing with some sort of injury, but something is happening there. 

He's still talented enough that I'm not too worried about it. 

I agree. I'm just wondering why he's playing worse, on a team with more talent  

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Ikonen adds a second goal, to get him to 5g in 10 games. 

Ylonen also has a big day with 2g, 1a. 

Romanov also picks up an assist today (and goes +2 in a season high 19:24 of ice time in the KHL)

Rock on, great to hear!:clap:

(While on Finn players...i saw Oilers young Finn may be for sale. In rumour thread i posted tweet about it. But, i havent seen Puljujarvi play...how do you see him down the road, another Armia? Although another RW likely not a fit or need for Habs.

Would a herd of Finns on his team maybe help his play? Or Oilers likely want too much for him anyways?)

I remember Puljujarvi at the WJ with Laine.  He was playing damn good along with the sniper.

I never thought he would fail to pan out as it is right now in Edmonton. Looked like he had all the tools.

Dunno about his hockey IQ and his ability to adapt to NHL hockey though. Haven't watch Oilers game enough to tell.

If Puljujarvi ends up as another Armia, I think that would be very disappointing given his upside.  As a junior player he was dominant in puck protection, with the ability to play a power game, take the puck to the net and score goals, he was also a very good passer.  I don't know why, but he just doesn't seem to be developping in Edmonton. Still just 20, he might be worth the gamble depending on how much it costs. 

Look at Dylan Strome, he was written off as a bust, and Arizona gave up on him.  He has 31 points in 34 games with Chicago. 
On the other hand there is the Nail Yakupov and two changes of scenery didn't help him. 

So he could be worth taking a gamble on, but the question is how much it would cost. 

Teasdale 34th goal (11pts in last 10gms, equals last years 65pts)

Tyszka 1a (4pts in last 3 games)

Just took a look and  see Josh Brook is 1st in CHL d-man pts/gm.

Walford picked up another assist last night. 

He now has nine goals and 44 points in 55 games.  

I think any questions as to whether or not he will be getting a contract offer this spring have been answered.  The Habs have to sign him. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

I think any questions as to whether or not he will be getting a contract offer this spring have been answered.  The Habs have to sign him. 

Think he is a better prospect than a Morgan Ellis was? Or "most likely" we should expect a similar ceiling for him?  

1 hour ago, DON said:

Think he is a better prospect than a Morgan Ellis was? Or "most likely" we should expect a similar ceiling for him?  

Ellis looked like a good prospect in junior.  They are probably at the same level as 19 year olds. 

That does not mean they are meant for the same finish though, Ellis didn't develop in the AHL, Walford might (especially since our coaching is better).  Walford is also a better skater which is big with the way the game has gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commandant said:

I'm calling it now: the Habs' entire 2017 draft class ends up with ELC's.