Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

Houde 0 pts, Chicoutimi down 0-2

Teasdale 1a, Series tied 1-1

Brook 1a, Moose Jaw down 0-2

Walford 2a (game tied in 3rd period) up 1-0 in series

Tszyka 0 pts (up 3-1 in 3rd) down 0-1 in series

Fonstad 0 pts, Prince Albert up 2-0 in series

Primeau 38/40 saves.  NE wins Hockey East Tournament.
Stapley 2a. Denver finishes 3rd in NCHC tournament. 
Poehling missed NCHC Championship due to injury. Game currently in double OT

On 3/17/2019 at 7:04 PM, dlbalr said:

With his college career now done, Nikolas Koberstein has signed a tryout deal with Kansas City of the ECHL, an affiliate of Calgary.  If you were looking for final proof that the Habs had no plans for him, this is it.

I don't really know him, but based on this article it's probably all right to let him go:

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/catching-the-torch/2018/1/25/16926396/catching-the-torch-prospects-stats-highlights-nikolas-koberstein-best-season-of-career-bitten-brook

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Brook 1a, Moose Jaw down 0-2

Very interesting.  If they go out early, he'd get time in Laval at the very least but would they consider playing him with the Habs?  He can run a power play and is a good skater; would he be viewed as an upgrade on Folin?  I doubt they'd do it though.

Cam Hillis is expected to play today (albeit on the fourth line).

28 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Very interesting.  If they go out early, he'd get time in Laval at the very least but would they consider playing him with the Habs?  He can run a power play and is a good skater; would he be viewed as an upgrade on Folin?  I doubt they'd do it though.

Scotty Bowman would dress him, sit him on the bench, and then put him on the ice in OT. :)

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Cam Hillis is expected to play today (albeit on the fourth line).

I think they would be conservative and send him to Laval.  Only if he really lights things up there would he get the shot. 

We've never seen this management group be this aggressive with kids.  They have even said they didn't want to keep Kotkaniemi but his play forced them to.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Joni Ikonen signs a one-year extension with KalPa.  That explains why he didn't come to Laval when their season came to an end.

But it isnt a surprise is it? Another year likely needed isnt it?

Teasdale 1g 1a 2-2 in series

Fonstad 1g 2a 4-0 in series

Houde 1a 4-0 in series

Tyszka 1a 2-2 in series

Brook 1a 0-4 in series

Brook's junior year is done, so assume he is headed for Laval for their last 8 games.

5 hours ago, DON said:

Teasdale 1g 1a 2-2 in series

Fonstad 1g 2a 4-0 in series

Houde 1a 4-0 in series

Tyszka 1a 2-2 in series

Brook 1a 0-4 in series

Brook's junior year is done, so assume he is headed for Laval for their last 8 games.

I hope so, it will be good to see how he does at the AHL level 

I wonder how Bouchard will ease him in. He had been pretty consistent in not throwing in new guys regardless were they come from. Let's them simmer a bit before rhrowing them in

Ylonen 1a, back after injury, team wins, down 3-2 in series.

(* in the two games he played in series, they won 6-0 & 5-1, they lost all 3 games he was out hurt.)

Tyszka 1a; 4pts in 4 gms, down 3-2 in series

Teasdale 1g(3)1a,; 7pts in 5gms, up 3-2 in series

On 2019-03-26 at 10:26 PM, DON said:

But it isnt a surprise is it? Another year likely needed isnt it?

I think it makes sense. He’s likely not yet ready for the NHL, and he’ll get good experience and plenty of ice time in Liiga.

On 4/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, Trizzak said:

I understand Tyszka's season is over. I'm still calling for the entire 2017 draft class getting signed to elc's, so come on Bergevin get it done!

And I'm guessing since it hasn't happened by now it's not likely too. 

Too bad. He put up a similar PPG percentage as Walford, and has some raw tools I think Bouchard would love to hone.