Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

10 hours ago, tomh009 said:

That makes sense from a Habs perspective, does it not? He has not yet played top-level SHL so I think it's good for him to gain that experience.

I think they'd be okay with this outcome.  You don't want all of the defence prospects signing at the same time; it's better from a contract standpoint to space them out a bit.  If Romanov comes over next year, that's one and I think they sign Fairbrother this summer as well.  (LeGuerrier is also eligible but I'm not certain they'd sign him yet.)  Already that's a couple of rookies to integrate though and having more than that could be tricky.

48 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think they'd be okay with this outcome.  You don't want all of the defence prospects signing at the same time; it's better from a contract standpoint to space them out a bit.  If Romanov comes over next year, that's one and I think they sign Fairbrother this summer as well.  (LeGuerrier is also eligible but I'm not certain they'd sign him yet.)  Already that's a couple of rookies to integrate though and having more than that could be tricky.

Right. And there are only so many available roster spots between the Habs and the Rocket -- we surely don't want to be sending quality prospects to the ECHL!

Houde (2nd star), Ylonen, LeGuerierre, Hillis 1a

Stapley, Pitlick 2a

Pinard 1g(21) GWG (38gm 46pts)

Fonstad 1g (8) 1a GWG, 1st star game (35gms 49pts)

On 1/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, DON said:

Houde (2nd star), Ylonen, LeGuerierre, Hillis 1a

Stapley, Pitlick 2a

Pinard 1g(21) GWG (38gm 46pts)

Fonstad 1g (8) 1a GWG, 1st star game (35gms 49pts)

He is impressive.

6 hours ago, zumpano21 said:

Does Romanov’s contract allow for a spring time cameo?

KHL contracts typically expire April 30th.  Teams can let a player out early (to go to the NHL) but I believe if they do so, they lose his rights if he decides he wants to go back to the KHL down the road so they rarely do so.  That happened with the Rangers last year when they wanted to bring over Vitali Kravtsov but ultimately had to wait.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

KHL contracts typically expire April 30th.  Teams can let a player out early (to go to the NHL) but I believe if they do so, they lose his rights if he decides he wants to go back to the KHL down the road so they rarely do so.  That happened with the Rangers last year when they wanted to bring over Vitali Kravtsov but ultimately had to wait.

Yemelin took awhile didnt he.

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

Caufield had an assist.

Ya, game was only 1-0 at that time, assumed was over.

Romanov didnt play, healthy scratch or injured?

35 minutes ago, DON said:

Ya, game was only 1-0 at that time, assumed was over.

Romanov didnt play, healthy scratch or injured?

He's missed the last two games, i'm not sure if its just letting him rest after playing 25-30 minutes a night at the WJC or if he hurt something.  Haven't heard why.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:58 AM, dlbalr said:

Samuel Houde has a broken wrist and will be out for a while.  That's not going to help his case for a contract from the Habs.

On that latter topic, do the prospect watchers here have an opinion on who from the 2018 draft will get a contract?

2 hours ago, Trizzak said:

On that latter topic, do the prospect watchers here have an opinion on who from the 2018 draft will get a contract?

A lot is going to depend on what they want to do with some of the prospects from other draft classes.  We know they want Romanov signed.  I think they'll take a run at signing Ylonen.  I wouldn't be surprised if they try to sign Ikonen despite another wasted season due to injury.  Caufield signing is likely.  Timmins indicated after the draft that they want to sign Khisamutidinov for next year.  I expect Fairbrother will be signed as well so that could be three under contract from 2019 already.

Depending on how many of those actually sign, that'll determine who actually gets signed from that 2018 class as there are only so many contract slots to go around.  I'd say Hillis is likely but the rest are probably all coin flips at the moment.

Hillis and Fonstad will be signed imo.

I want to sign McShane but he seems like a coin flip.

Harris stays in school for one more but then they sign him.

Houde walks, they might offer him an ahl only deal that doesnt count against the 50 man limit, but if another team wants to go two way he walks.

Gorniak and stapley likely dont get contracts but they stay jn school to try and prove that they earned it.