Non-Rocket Habs Prospect tracker

Commandant

1 hour ago, DON said:

But he gets the puck out ... unlike many "late not so great" D in recent years

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

But he gets the puck out ...

:devil:. In the SHL he made it, if he tried that at NHL speed likely different story, pocket picked for a 2 on none.

Norlinder no pts today, 2pt in 7gms, but playing lots 18:22/gm

Ylonen no pts yesterday, 1a in 5gms 15:03/gm

20 minutes ago, DON said:

:devil:. In the SHL he made it, if he tried that at NHL speed likely different story, pocket picked for a 2 on none.

Norlinder no pts today, 2pt in 7gms, but playing lots 18:22/gm

Ylonen no pts yesterday, 1a in 5gms 15:03/gm

Quinn Hughes does it

Cale Makar does it.

PK Subban used to do it, and did it far more times successfully than times he got his pocket picked. 

So no, the fact that this can't be done in the NHL just isn't true.  If you are talented enough, you can pull it off.

13 hours ago, DON said:

:devil:. In the SHL he made it, if he tried that at NHL speed likely different story, pocket picked for a 2 on none...

13 hours ago, Commandant said:

Quinn Hughes does it

Cale Makar does it.

PK Subban used to do it, and did it far more times successfully than times he got his pocket picked...

I'll agree with Don that in the NHL Norlinder will have to adapt to the quality of competition (overall bigger, faster, more talented) but I'll also agree with Commandant that it can be done ... from what we've seen I'll go further and say that Norlinder has the skills to be able to do it ... ***NOT*** saying he will be Hughes or Makar ... but he seems to have the skillset to be very effective puck-mover in the NHL 

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I'll agree with Don that in the NHL Norlinder will have to adapt to the quality of competition (overall bigger, faster, more talented) but I'll also agree with Commandant that it can be done ... from what we've seen I'll go further and say that Norlinder has the skills to be able to do it ... ***NOT*** saying he will be Hughes or Makar ... but he seems to have the skillset to be very effective puck-mover in the NHL 

Well, Comandant quoted 2 calder and likely future norris candidates (and some other guy), which aint what we should expect Norlinder to be..we HOPE and PRAY he will be a Lidstrom-lite d-man..but odds are we will be lucky if he is a good top 4 d-man.

Let me just say i will believe in, or have more faith in both Romanov and Norlinder hype only once they actually prove it in the NHL reg season.

4 hours ago, DON said:

Well, Comandant quoted 2 calder and likely future norris candidates (and some other guy), which aint what we should expect Norlinder to be..we HOPE and PRAY he will be a Lidstrom-lite d-man..but odds are we will be lucky if he is a good top 4 d-man.

Let me just say i will believe in, or have more faith in both Romanov and Norlinder hype only once they actually prove it in the NHL reg season.

sure, like we did for Mete... until we didn’t

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He can't skate but he can shoot...

Joke or he really has skating issues?

Norlinder 19:58 in each of last 2 games...likely an unusual stat.

0 pts, 2pts in 8gms

Leskinen 2a yesterday, 3pts in 5 Liiga games

0pts today 18:18

10 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Not joking - it's a big area of weakness.

But, i guess at 171st pick, if he has an elite shot at least, why not.

(Brett Hull prided himself on not giving a crap about defense, or fitness and loved simply shooting every chance he had, so who knows)

17 hours ago, DON said:

Joke or he really has skating issues?

Norlinder 19:58 in each of last 2 games...likely an unusual stat.

0 pts, 2pts in 8gms

Leskinen 2a yesterday, 3pts in 5 Liiga games

0pts today 18:18

With his shot, there is a reason hes a 7th rounder.  Skating is that reason.

Hes basically the same player as Chinakov though, who columbus took in the first round for some reason.

Pronman's  hab prospect ranking

1. Nick Suzuki, C
2. Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C
3. Alexander Romanov, D
4. Cole Caufield, RW
5. Victor Mete, D
6. Ryan Poehling, C
7. Mattias Norlinder, D
8. Jordan Harris, D
9. Kaiden Guhle, D
10. Cayden Primeau, G
11. Jan Mysak, C
12. Sean Farrell, C
13. Josh Brook, D

I worry about what Poehling will bring ... the supposed "word" was that the reason he didn't play at all in the tournament was that he didn't show up to Tournament TC in shape ... hopefully he realizes the challenge before him to make the team at any point in 20/21and does all he can to prepare (barring injuries, trades, etc.).

And for that is said about Primeau he seems a bit farther down the list than I would expect ... he is at least a year, perhaps two from getting a chance at the NHL but he supposedly has tons of potential.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

I worry about what Poehling will bring ... the supposed "word" was that the reason he didn't play at all in the tournament was that he didn't show up to Tournament TC in shape ... hopefully he realizes the challenge before him to make the team at any point in 20/21and does all he can to prepare (barring injuries, trades, etc.).

And for that is said about Primeau he seems a bit farther down the list than I would expect ... he is at least a year, perhaps two from getting a chance at the NHL but he supposedly has tons of potential.

Pronman rarely puts goalies high

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/montreal-canadiens-cole-caufield-tests-positive-for-covid-19-1.5153928?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Caufield tests positive for Covid-19 ... seems he is one of six players were infected with the disease, all of whom were asymptomatic.

The kid has cajones

26 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Cojones :)

He has those too

17 hours ago, DON said:

Pronman's  hab prospect ranking

1. Nick Suzuki, C
2. Jesperi Kotkaniemi, C
3. Alexander Romanov, D
4. Cole Caufield, RW
5. Victor Mete, D
6. Ryan Poehling, C
7. Mattias Norlinder, D
8. Jordan Harris, D
9. Kaiden Guhle, D
10. Cayden Primeau, G
11. Jan Mysak, C
12. Sean Farrell, C
13. Josh Brook, D

Suzuki and Mete shouldn't be considered prospects.  Possibly KK as well.  Just my opinion.